714 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

My son attended this school from kindergarten to fifth grade. His kindergarten year was one of the most difficult years. His teacher and principal were a tremendous help. Every teacher he had while attending Bayshore, were amazing. They always responded to my emails and calls in a very timely manner. The principal who was there when we started, Mrs. Wilkins, was amazing. She was a true principal who really cared. When Ms. Reid came along, she did not live up to the standards that had been set forth by Mrs. Wilkins. The office staff was always very helpful. Especially, Ms. Adams. She was amazing!

Out of control!!! I was in car pick up lane and I asked a teacher a simple question. She yelled at me then slammed my car door after my son got into the car. I have never seen adults act the way these teachers do to parents. I have also contacted the school board its self with my concerns and they turned a blinds eye. We are pulling our son from this school. Mrs. Ried was very rude and spoke down to you as if you are beneath her. Run from this school.

High praises for the kindergarten grade level team and the courteous office staff, but the chaos exhibited in the lunchroom daily and the lack of authentic parent engagement opportunities keeps me from rating this school any higher. My daughter loved her teacher, music and art class and the Jazzy cash used for positive discipline. I felt her teacher was highly competent in teaching the common core standards, but classroom management left a little to be desired and I'm not certain the Positive Behavior Support training was used consistently.

My daughter is in 2nd grade the office staff is nice the ESE dept is helpful and does a great job. I was worried about putting my child in this school after some of the reviews but she is happy and so am I. They even have after school activities for the kids. Great school and it is an A school as well.

I was very unimpressed with this school. My son was constantly bullies, (to the extreme), with racial slurs, and hateful names about sexual orientation. In 3rd grade! The teacher did NOTHING, even after repeated calls and visits to the school. No one ever disciplined any student that was tormenting my son, and they ignored my requests for a conference. There is NO control over the students. NO discipline of any kind. My son is very bright, and it is a good thing, because he was pretty much learning on his own. The staff is rude, as well as uncaring. Total disaster. I got my kid out of there...so disappointing.

Very undisciplined, many uruly teachers. Some were fine, many were not. No control or discipline.. lots of bad behaviors by students and teachers. Some Yelling, screaming, condescending and manhandling kids... I liked some of the teachers but not many.

Staff are rude. Mrs Fallon 3rd grader teacher at Bayshore, just give students the paper and no explanation nor directions. My child would come home not understanding anything. Really unorganized school. Thank god I switched him school. Carline does not make any sense. Assistant principal and nancy Mcmahon front desk rude to the extreme..... BAD BAD BAD school. children are throwing food at each other in the cafetaria and screaming to their lungs....it is a zoo there.

This school really needs to get their prioritys straight. Our kids are not being Supervised, and who do the teachers take it out on?? The parents(who are not there to watch the children) I know when my kids are in my care, they are supervised!

I am a teacher at Bayshore Elementary and I'm very proud to be a faculty member at this school. We have a great group of teachers who work together well to make sure that students learn every day. I am proud that we are an 'A' rated school by the state of Florida. The students come from very diverse backgrounds, but it is a wonderful challenge to watch them grow and progress. I have been at this school for 17 years and can't think of any other place I would rather work.

I love this school. Both of my children are so happy when they leave the house each morning to attend. Keep up the good work!

Last modified Bayshore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.