558 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Parkway Elementary School 5

Posted May 11, 2016
My daughter is attending VPK and I have to say Ms Joan is probably one of the best teachers I've ever come into contact with. She genuinely cares about her students. She loves them and tells them that every day. My daughter has learned so much this year! She is already reading, and can count to 100. I know when I look back on my daughters academic career, I know I'll always remember Ms Joan and the amazing impact she had on my daughter!

Parkway Elementary School 2

Posted May 05, 2016
I had a major issue in the start of the school year in which it took 2 1/2 days to have someone even return my call. After I spoke with the principal, she did not try to justify the schools shortcoming in regard to my issue , she simply apologized several times. I accepted the apology along with the assurance it would not happen again. All was fine I thought. The rest of the school year has been a nightmare with one staff member..Apparently she did not agree with or didn't like that I complained and she has treated us like we are invisible all throughout this year. Acting like a child! When I saw this site and how many people are treated the same way.. I just had to give my opinion also. This one staff member is extremely unprofessional and if an issue arises whereas the school has actually made a mistake...I feel she, like the principal and other staff members should be mature enough to get past it. I got past the issue and believe me..it was a case of my child being in grave danger due to lack of supervision..100% of the fault was on the school and was so acknowledged by the principal. I have never brought it up since that day but this one lady is quite unprofessional. And since her job is largely includes interacting with the parents as soon as they come to the front office, it has put a damper on our year at Parkway..so much so, that we will do our best to find a different school..which is a shame for the children. And just as I am speaking up with this complaint I would like to add the teachers and all other staff have been great..but even one bad apple can ruin it... so off we go to find a better environment for our family.

Posted February 27, 2015
If it was possible I would rate this school lower than 1 based on experience with the ese department at this school. Essentially, if your ese student is assigned to this school, IMMEDIATELY contact the county ese coordinator for a reassignment. The teacher is vain, rolls her eyes at parents, allows the students to run the class & takes no ownership as a teacher for anything that happens in the class day. Save yourself the headaches before they happen!

Parkway Elementary School 4

Posted June 08, 2014
This school has teachers and administrators that really put the students' first. My children have gotten a great educatjon at this school.

Posted June 14, 2012
I really despise this school. My daughter was assigned to Parkway when we first moved down here last July. She liked her teacher well enough, but trying to communicate any problems with the office staff/ principal is ridiculous! Every day that we dropped her off for the first 3 weeks someone different would tell us when we (as the parents) had to be out of the hall, and the times they gave us always changed. We were not allowed to wait with our 5 year old, even if we were standing out of the way. They had ONE teacher patrolling the entire length of the hall for kindergarden and second grade. I hated the mixed messages I got from the Parkway staff, imagine how the kids feel! One office assistant even tried to take our daughter away from us, so she could walk her down the hall! She said we were past the 8:15 bell. Like I said, we were told something different everyday. Even after I confirmed with the principal I could wait with her until 8:15, on my daughter's last day there, another teacher told me I needed to sign in at the office to wait with her! Praise God my little girl is not going there anymore!

Parkway Elementary School 5

Posted April 11, 2012
It's hard to understand why this school is getting bad reviews by parents. I am elated with this school! From the office staff, to the lunchroom, and certainly the teachers, I see caring professionals that are happily involved with the students. So far I've not seen one person that doesn't seem to truly love the kids. My daughter is in the ESE program. If your child is special needs, then they are in the BEST hands with Ms. Cooper. Bar none, THE BEST. I couldn't be happier with Parkway. There is an atmosphere there permeated with care and devotion. I see smiles on the faces of staff and teachers, smiles directed towards the children; they seem to love their job. Don't let the other reviews concern you, because I have seen firsthand how wonderful this school is and am so happy that my very "special" little girl gets to attend this school. Trust me, I have seen schools that left a lot to be desired, and this school is NOT one of them.

Posted August 14, 2010
My daughter attended this school for K, and 1/2 of 1st grade. The administration is horrible, she was beat up on the bus and no one did anything. They refused to have her tested for learning disabilities and just wrote her off as a bad kid even though her K teacher told them she wasnt. After pulling her out to homeschool she was diagnosed with Auditory Processing Disorder. This school should be closed! They baker acted a 6 year old last year!

Parkway Elementary School 4

Posted July 31, 2010
MY SON STARTED SCHOOL THERE LAST YEAR AND IVE MET ONLY NICE POEPLE AND VERY CARING AND What ive seen very hard working im sorry that you people had a bad experience but i think they are wonderful maybe its just you all so ignore thos nasty coments its a great school my boy has come a long way!!!!!!!

Posted June 15, 2010
To the parent from up north,it is so true about what you are saying,i have the same experience with them.They are more interested in the kid appearance then their education,their behavior are crazy.I this they made a mistake when they close Port St Lucie Elementry,this is the one that they should have closed.THEY NEED TO GET THOSE IGNORANT PEOPLE OUT WHO CALL THEMSELVES EDUCATORS,NOT GOOD FOR OUR CHILDREN.I took my kids out and this is funny when ever you are new to the neighborhood this is where the school board stuck your kids i don't know why even if they are really smart. I would like to see it close not doing any thing for our kids.Really it does not deserve a star.

Parkway Elementary School 2

Posted June 09, 2010
I had moved my child from up north to this school. In my opinion, this is a terrible school. The administration is ignorant and my son's teacher for the year was targeting him throughout the whole year on his so called "bad behavior" when in fact all it was was child behavior. This school has absolutely no support for children. He will not be attending this school next year. After all, we are not raising robots for children.

Parkway Elementary School
7000 Northwest Selvitz Road, Port St. Lucie, FL  34983
Last modified Parkway Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.