804 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

The teachers are great but fail in other areas. The kid snort smarties in class, talk very vulgar in class and at lunch. Seems staff is a little intimidated of some students. Dress code is not enforced like the website says. When a teacher tells a student to do something , the teacher gets told no and lets it go. When the problems are brought up the dean and principal by the parent, I was told it'seems been going on . So happy to see that y'all just accept it and do nothing. Then my child gets told there are teachers everywhere. So if you need to bring something to their attention. But with them everywhere they still don't notice it their selves. Teachers y'alls job is to not just teach but to make sure students are safe and go home like they went in.

Just reading the posts from "former students" on this site gives me cause for concern. My son attends Southportl and I am not really impressed. There is a lack of communication between the school and parents. PTA meetings are always scheduled at a time that is inconvenient if you have children in more than one school. What is the point of having a website, if there is never any useful information added? This is a common thread throughout the school district.

Southport is a great school. The teachers are dedicated professionals and the students are wonderful to work with.

I give this school 4 stars only counting the schools in St Lucie County. The school is a good school with excelent teachers. The teachers that I have had are well experienced and work well with the students. For example, the science teacher I have, graduated from medical school, my language arts teacher was active in the writing community and was active in drama and stared in movies; my math teacher is one of the smartest guys i know, and i believe was a phsyciatrest (spell error); and one of the social studies teachers was active in politics and teaches well. The school is a good school to attend and can push hard for outstanding grades, but there are few that have a little bit more libral style of teaching that is more relaxed, and standards can be a little lower, as i said, there are few.

Im a former student of Southport Middle School (SPMS). I was in all honors classes from grades 6 to 8. I loved the school. Some teachers more than others not saying any names (Mrs.H and Ms.Francis you rule!). I would highly recommend this school to any and all graduating 5th graders for its lack of bullying, sophisticated staff, and overall preparedness to help students with anything thats ailing them. P.s.: I am able to write like this because of Mrs.H. Thank You!

South Port is a very excellent school and i was very proud of faculty and staff when i went there they really don't play aroud when it come to progress, and especially homwwork or just work.

I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! If i didnt have to leave it and go to high school i would have choose to stay. But i just left last year and OMG i love it so much. I had so much fun at the school and they have a great teacher staff. I miss them very much but really this is the best middle school in port st lucie. There isnt one like it.

i think south port is a wounderful school to learn.Southport is a B+ school.As the student concil president we have done great things for teachers and students.South port for the 2nd time in a row have won the florida history fair with the same student .South port is your local leaning academy.

I am a student at South Port. I am in accelerated classes and can say that some teachers are very, very good. Others are not so good. I will not say any names, but I like three of my five teachers alot. The other two I feel don't work with childeren well at all. Overall, I think this school is average or just under.

Southport is a very good school my child loves it. He come's home with good grades from 6th and 7th and now he is in 8th so I think Southport is a great school for my child.

Last modified Southport Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.