Rivers Edge Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 699 students

Posted September 12, 2014

What happened? My child hates going to this school. She used to love Rivers Edge. She complains that people just yell all day. Searching for a better option. So sad.

Posted August 21, 2014

Good School, just needs to get their act together before they lose kids, and not due to teachers. Always a great school, new principal rules for pickup, understood parent safety and kids walking through a parking lot, however if change was needed it could have been acknowledge in a better way. No advance notice, no warning. First day of school nobody knew, second day of school everyone told by a phone call sent out by the system, a few hours before student release and that day finally a note sent home from school about the changes. Third day even more chaos, have to get to the school an hour early and that's to be 20 minutes away from the pickup line, with a two lane pick up that is chaotic in and of itself. Teachers and kids running in and out of cars. The teachers are stressed as I've seen kids being yelled out, teachers just plain yelling and kids crying. So if they were going for safety of parents and kids. They got the parent safety down, now just the kids are in danger in a two lane pick up area, I'm terrified for my kid at pick up heaven forbid someone misplaces their foot on the gas instead of the brake.

Posted August 20, 2014

Last year, this school was wonderful for my child. I had no idea how things could so quickly degenerate upon the arrival of the new principal, who appears to completely callous toward the parents and students needs. Everything about the child-pick-up process yesterday was appalling! Nobody knew what was going on, or would take responsibility. Parents were patronized by the staff and leadership. Many parents were required to wait in their cars for more than an hour to pick up their own children. Others who were trying to get to their children out of their vehicles were told to go back to their cars and wait for their turn. Due to this traffic, 7-8 buses were unable to get to their respective bus waiting area. In my whole life, I've never seen such incompetence and callousness from school officials. Perhaps somebody should contact news agencies to come and investigate this travesty. Seriously thinking of pulling out my child to put him in a different school!

Posted April 2, 2014

The name of my son s school is Rivers Edge Elementary. My son is now in the first grade. I have had the most wonderful experience. Between the amazing teachers who work with my son s needs and push him in a positive manor to give him the best education possible, to the entire staffs who participate in the activities the school conducts. At rivers Edge the teachers, parents and staff are all hands on and work together is such a positive and outgoing manor. I m truly thankful that I have the opportunity to have my son at this school!

Posted January 6, 2014

I went to this school and I must say I absolutely loved it! I have a daughter now and I intend on sending her there as well. Very good school whos focus is on academics. I still remember the school song we sang. We're the school down by the river none others can compare...

Posted August 25, 2013

My child started kindergarten this year. The first week went pretty much possitive so far except couple of things. First and big problem is getting kids to school. Parking is completely disorganized. I have never seen a school that cant manage couple of hundred parents cars every morning and afternoon. We need to sit for 15-20 min in the line that starts back on highway. The second problem I have with their "hands behind your back" and "bubble" (no talking) policy while in hallway. Is this a prison or a school? Are they training them to be a perfect prisoner? Seriously! I understand the discipline but why not allow the to put hand along their sides? I know some kids have problems with coordination and are clumsy... like mine)) I think this is disrespectful, making kids passive and kill any self respect from the beginning.

Posted July 19, 2012

In the 3 yrs we have been back in FL Rivers Edge is our 4th and best school that we have attended. I honestly cannot say enough positive about how the teachers go above and beyond, the overall family feel/school's efforts to bring us all together in numberous family events and last but not least the quarterly awards assemblies, that for a CHANGE, even the NON-straight A students are given oppty to walk on that stage and get on an award-which has made a HUGE impact on the self confidence of my kid! My daughter had a WONDERFUL 3rd grade year and we look forward to an even greater 4th!

Posted May 12, 2011

I have a child in the kindergarten here and he is doing very well and is happy with it. My only concern is the school is limited with advanced programs. He is very advanced with reading and math. Towards the middle of the school year they placed him in the first grade reading class and it is still too easy for him....They do not have any advanced math for kindergarten so if your child already starts school advanced he/she will be bored. Child pick up is also difficult, not enough parking etc.

Posted September 23, 2010

My daughter just started Kindergarten this year at River's Edge. We are thrilled with the care and concern of the staff there. They are welcoming and accommodating to the children. My daughter is a very strong willed child who does not respond well to many environments. Her teacher has really worked with her to make this a smooth transition for our whole family. I had been considering private school prior to this, but not anymore, my child is already reading after less than 2 months of school! Thank you River's Edge!!!

Posted September 17, 2009

Rivers Edge is a great school. The faculty and staff are very caring, and they provide the children an excellent education.

Posted September 17, 2009

Rivers Edge is a great school. They have wonderful teachers and the kids have fun learning

Posted September 17, 2009

My grandson attends Rivers Edge and I have been very impressed with the attention and dedication of the teachers

Posted November 16, 2008

I have two children, new to Rivers Edge this year. The entire staff is fantastic. Caring, professional, well organized. I was very doubtful about public school and Rivers Edge has proven me wrong! Top Notch!

Posted June 4, 2008

Rivers Edge Teachers and staff impart a sense of caring in their dealings with the children. My daughter is in 3rd grade, going to fourth. She has some learning disabilities that make academics difficult for her. This is the first school that truly understands and celebrates her acheivements, however small, rather than crush her ego because she doesn't perform as well as the average child. She is patiently guided down the trail of higher learning and is trusting of her sheppards. This is a major accomplishment given her previous encounters with the lesser gifted or caring teachers at other schools. Bravo Rivers Edge. May God continue to guide your work.

Posted August 9, 2007

Each of my 3 children have experienced superior academic instruction. This fact is even more remarkable when one considers how different each of my children are. That this outstanding school can nurture each child and their unique aptitudes and challenges is tremendous testimony to the skill and commitment of all faculty and staff members, from front office staff to maintenance staff. As a parent I always feel welcome and valued. My involvement is encouraged and supported at all levels. The student body at Rivers Edge is a true representative sample or our diverse population and each member of the Rivers Edge family strives to sure that each student achieves their potential. The curriculum is demanding and rewarding, challenging and engaging and administered in an effective and innovative fashion. Rivers Edge is a beautiful campus filled with awesome people!

Posted July 17, 2007

I am very happy with Rivers Edge. They have an excellent John Hopkins reading program. It is a more traditional program using reinforcement of skills such as vocabulary and comprehension. The math wings program they use is also very good. I have a friend who has a child in the '5 star' schools of Martin County and there is no comparison in the education. Both my daughter and her son are in second grade and my daughter is learning skills about a grade ahead. Homework could be viewed as excessive, but is instrumental in reinforcing what is being taught in the classroom. I am not so concerned with the difference in school grade as compared to other districts because we actually have a diverse group of students. It is quite easy for a district of have high grades when there is no economic or cultural diversity.

Posted April 23, 2007

When we had to transfer our child who was in all advanced classes, at a 5 Star, 'A' school, in Martin County, we were very concerned! When those concerns turned out to be true, we were not at all surpised! The lack of interest in getting to know a new student, is just outrageous! The lack of communication with parents, is appalling! We have written many letters, and request to speak with the teacher and have not received any responds. The extreme amount of hours of homework assignments, tell us that someone isn't doing their job as a teacher. There are also safety issues, at the student's drop off station and in the parking lot. We will be so glad when May 25, 2007 finally arrivals, for that will be the last day of putting up with River Edge.

Posted October 30, 2006

Sometimes we as parents expect our children's teachers to work minor miracles, as witnessed by previous reviews from last year.When in reality it falls to us to follow through. I have had the opposite experience with River's Edge. My daughter has soared with the excellent teaching staff. (Thank you Mrs. Key, Mrs. Florio, Mrs. Albinson. The staff is amazing, they take the time to get to know you and your child on an individual basis. Many times they have picked up the phone just to touch base with me regarding my daughters education. They offer an accelerated reading program and I in fact moved, due to school district rezoning to keep my daughter in this fine school

Posted September 19, 2006

As a first time parent of a school age child, I was apprehensive, but once I walked into Rivers Edge, I was immediately at ease. The staff was friendly and attentive, and there was no chaos anywhere. The students I saw were extremely well-behaved, courteous, and respectful. My son's teacher has always been available whenever I had questions, and really encourages reading. Thanks Rivers Edge!

Posted July 1, 2006

The first year that my son attended the ese program here it was great. If not for one teacher - mrs. Mazzullo, this would have been a complete waste.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

127 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

128 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

116 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

116 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

111 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

130 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2012-2013

Teacher credentials

Classes taught by non-highly qualified teachers 0%N/A5%
Source: FL Dept. of Education, 2011-2012

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

5600 Northeast Saint James Drive