676 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son attended River's Edge Elementary during the 2015-16 school year. We both had a wonderful experience and he had a great teacher. By the end of the school year, he had improved 2 1/2 grade levels on his test scores from when he was originally tested at the beginning of the year. His teacher, Mrs. Slappey, was truly a blessing and such a wonderful teacher. She really cares about her students. The front office staff was always friendly and courteous. We highly recommend this school to other parents who are looking for a school that cares for their children.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Very hard to communicate with and very ineffective. The communication and organizational skills of this teacher is horrible

Amount of homework: no rating

There is no organization skills. So i;m not sure what was classwork VS homework. No marks on the classwork assignments or the homework assignments. So i wasn't sure what areas my daughter needed help

My daughter started her kindergarten year at this school 2015-2016. It was a nightmare from the very first week she started attending this school. The communication skills from the principle to the teacher to the front office staff is horrific! My daughter was not only pushed with the common core curriculum, but I as a parent was trying to keep up with the fast pace speed and also re-learn this way of learning. When i contacted the school for any concerns i was treated with a cold shoulder. After having compications with my daughter's teacher i requested that she be transferred into another classroom with a different teacher. The vice principle at that time told me that was not possible. I felt as if i was stuck and had no options to further my daughter's experience being in school. After all this... here we are a week from the end of the school year and they neglect having a graduation for the kindergarten students. My daughter asks me why she doesn't get a ceremony when she has seen 2 of her cousins walk across the stage from two different schools. My advise as a parent is to stay away from this school at all costs!

I have seen many changes in this school. I have been thur 3 principles and two assistant principles and it just keeps going downhill. As a parent we were very involved with our children, and we have seen the worst with this new principle . The lack of communication and the power trip she's on, you can't change a school unless you included the parents and make them feel like there welcome and not in a prison. Sadly, we moved my last child out of there and to better school. The teachers at this school have changed as well, mostly for the worst, due to the Common Core issues that are pushed upon them to teach your children. The principle does not have the experience to handle the issues at this school, and save whats left of the few good teachers. Some are retiring and others are moving to other schools I don't blame them. Why the school board can't see that all the complaints parents have given about her that they still don't do anything about it. That's why the ones who suffer will be the CHILDREN! By the way if you have a gifted student don't come here they dismantled that program this year due to the BAD school rating. For the few good teachers left "GOD BLESS YOU ".

What happened? My child hates going to this school. She used to love Rivers Edge. She complains that people just yell all day. Searching for a better option. So sad.

Good School, just needs to get their act together before they lose kids, and not due to teachers. Always a great school, new principal rules for pickup, understood parent safety and kids walking through a parking lot, however if change was needed it could have been acknowledge in a better way. No advance notice, no warning. First day of school nobody knew, second day of school everyone told by a phone call sent out by the system, a few hours before student release and that day finally a note sent home from school about the changes. Third day even more chaos, have to get to the school an hour early and that's to be 20 minutes away from the pickup line, with a two lane pick up that is chaotic in and of itself. Teachers and kids running in and out of cars. The teachers are stressed as I've seen kids being yelled out, teachers just plain yelling and kids crying. So if they were going for safety of parents and kids. They got the parent safety down, now just the kids are in danger in a two lane pick up area, I'm terrified for my kid at pick up heaven forbid someone misplaces their foot on the gas instead of the brake.

Last year, this school was wonderful for my child. I had no idea how things could so quickly degenerate upon the arrival of the new principal, who appears to completely callous toward the parents and students needs. Everything about the child-pick-up process yesterday was appalling! Nobody knew what was going on, or would take responsibility. Parents were patronized by the staff and leadership. Many parents were required to wait in their cars for more than an hour to pick up their own children. Others who were trying to get to their children out of their vehicles were told to go back to their cars and wait for their turn. Due to this traffic, 7-8 buses were unable to get to their respective bus waiting area. In my whole life, I've never seen such incompetence and callousness from school officials. Perhaps somebody should contact news agencies to come and investigate this travesty. Seriously thinking of pulling out my child to put him in a different school!

The name of my son s school is Rivers Edge Elementary. My son is now in the first grade. I have had the most wonderful experience. Between the amazing teachers who work with my son s needs and push him in a positive manor to give him the best education possible, to the entire staffs who participate in the activities the school conducts. At rivers Edge the teachers, parents and staff are all hands on and work together is such a positive and outgoing manor. I m truly thankful that I have the opportunity to have my son at this school!

I went to this school and I must say I absolutely loved it! I have a daughter now and I intend on sending her there as well. Very good school whos focus is on academics. I still remember the school song we sang. We're the school down by the river none others can compare...

Last modified Rivers Edge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.