PK, 9-12
Port St. Lucie, FL
Students enrolled: 2,502

St. Lucie West Centennial High School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
Lacks school spirit, but most of the teachers are nice and go out of their way to help students learn. Most of the kids are either rednecks, gothic/emo, beach bums, or extremely obsessed with their looks. It's not the best school in anyway and the principal could take more suggestions into consideration. The food is good, most kids are friendly, and new students beware because most of these kids have been friends since diaper days. The drama department always has plays but they're not spectacular. LOTS of AP courses and honors classes are always filled. The counselors could be better/kinder to students. AND THE NURSE! Oh wow she's awful, I felt sick during lunch and didn't want to leave during class because I didn't want to miss anything but she told me to wait until after lunch and return during 5th period. What?? I should miss class only to have you tell me im fine and send me back?! Besides all the obvious issues with this school, the education is great, and I guess that's all that matters anyways because it is a school. A poorly operated school.

Posted April 05, 2014
Great school with tremendous opportunities for ALL students just look at all the academies and AP classes offered!

St. Lucie West Centennial High School 1

Posted July 01, 2011
I don't like the dress code of this school! Sedning my son out just because of dress code. Student's are there to learn! Not to worry about the way they dress.

Posted November 09, 2009
its a great school, very productive, organized, and inspirstional to all the students at centennial

St. Lucie West Centennial High School 3

Posted March 26, 2009
I've gone to St. Lucie West Centennial for 2 years so far. It's an okay school. Most of my teachers have been great, and they make learning fun. Some of the teachers don't seem to feel like teaching and then expect the students to know things. I'm in honors classes and all i ever hear is 'you should know this, you're honors!' I dislike that a lot. I'm a sophomore and I don't understand the importance of our dress code. if you're sending kids out of class because they don't have a polo shirt on or its the wrong color, they're not learning anything that day! or at least they miss things. I follow the dress code, but it doesn't make any sense. It is a good school overall, though.

St. Lucie West Centennial High School 1

Posted January 25, 2009
I am a student and im proud to say this school is horrrrible

Posted October 28, 2008
Although Centennial is not the best school, I thoroughly enjoy going there and do not regret my choice in choosing the school. Since Sophmore year, i have been in Advanced Placement Classes with exellent teachers who put there students before themselves. Though I have witnessed a few teachers that hand out grades and do not teach, these teachers are more there to baby sit the students. If a student does not feel the need to come to school or challenge themselves to do better, why should the school board care? The staff can get a little bit out of hand with dress code, attacking boys with untucked shirts rather than females with cleavage showing or short shirts but no other discrimanations are made.They also manage to keep every one safe to the best of there ability. With one or two close friends, you can have 4 great years of

St. Lucie West Centennial High School 2

Posted October 23, 2008
I am currently a student at SLW, and It is not a good school. I moved here from Michigan at the end of my last school year. Very very few of my teachers do a good job, or even try to teach. They just make us work. Also, this school is way to strict about the dumbest things. However, I don't find it an unsafe school. And one thing to say about this school. And im not sure if it's all of this county or Florida or what, but they are a whole year behind Michigan. I am a sophomore in all junior classes just because my learning was more advanced. I'm sure florida falls even further behind other states.

Posted July 18, 2008
I attended SLW Centennial for four years and am an alumni. I graduated in 2006 with Honors and enjoyed the extra curricular activties and programs that were offerred. There is now a dress code policy in effect because of not only the the interest in safety of the children but also due to the fact that students were unable to follow the simple dress code that had been laid out before hand. The dress code gives structure and discipline to students at the school, which is wonderful! All of St. Lucie schools now have a strict dress code policy because they saw the change it had made for SLW. Get your child into an Academy they might enjoy and keep them involved in sports. It's an awesome way to meet friends that you will have to years to come. Good luck!

Posted June 21, 2008
I believe in a dress code but I think this schools is a little too strict. We moved here from another state and my son started here as a 9th grader and struggled almost all year. My husband & I had a meeting w' his teachers and counselor for help, but not much was really done. They didn't offer any suggestions.

1485 Southwest Cashmere Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, FL  34986
Last modified St. Lucie West Centennial High School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Lucie West Centennial High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top