PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school principal and facility staff are very discriminating and shows favoritism, certain parents were allowed to cut in the afternoon car line and most times congregate to the front of the line, now the principal allows those same parents to pick up their kids from the front of the building instead of joining the car line, this is against the school policy However only the favorites can break the rules.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Again they all have their favorites, one teacher has her own son as a student in her class,how fair is that?

Amount of homework: Disagree

Our child has a ton of homework every night and does not goto bed until After nine

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Some schools do not uphold their code of conduct or practice what they preach especially some christian school

Little friends are fantastic , loving , and the teaching is like no other my 5 yr old daughter can write sentences , read a book , know a little Spanish greeting , counting and colors . All before Kindergarten. She truly amazes me everyday when she gets home how much she learns in a day . Miss Becka , Mrs Joyce and several other teachers there are so caring and truly love the children . You can always go to them, with any question never feel like i am a bother and get reports everyday on what happened through the day . I am happy with everything about this school . Worth every penny !!

RE: Pre-school Little Friends. Horrible communication between staff and parents. One teacher telling you one thing and the other different thing. It is chaos from the moment you walk in, the front desk rep is too busy messing with her phone to notice anyone coming in. No type of security, my kid just walked out while "teachers" were talking to each other, he was 2. The front desk is too tall to see a child pass them, so what's the point. Their day includes 2 teachers, not usually together but one in the morning and one in the afternoon, so forget consistency or continuity of care.

My child has been going to this school for 8 years and we are so thankful for the wonderful staff and teachers. I've never seen a perfect school and I'm sure there are those out there that are better at finding negatives instead of positives. I'm happy to report that the teachers truly care for the well being of the students. The music department is second to none!!! The Orchestras and choirs from both lower & upper schools have consistently brought home trophies from district, state and Music Festival USA (Universal Studios). The new gym that was built was built debt-free and is a blessing to all of the students. Hoping that a fine arts building and classrooms are in the works?? I'm planning for my child to continue going through high school.

you cannot please everyone's needs and wants . we have a child in MA going on the 3rd year we are so happy with the teachers the principal , she is a wonderful person she shows so much love for the students my child is growing and learning so much she always seems so excited to attend school, I think we all just have to pray to god and ask him to make each year better than before and also pray for the teachers and staff members. and we as parents have to work with our kids and the teachers to make sure their get the full heart filled enjoyment of the school, my daughter will be on her way to the 2nd grade and we are so sad to leave the 1st grade like we were leaving the kindergarten. wonderful teachers I cant express enough. but we are praying that god will continue to bless us so we can keep on giving our child the great MORNINGSIDE ACADEMY EDUCATION.

Morningside Academy is not the place to send any child, whether you are religious or not. I went to this school from preschool until seventh grade. They fail to teach history, science and english classes in a way that encouraged critical thinking. If you child decides to question their faith, as I did when I became an atheist, the teachers will take your child out of their scheduled classes to tell them how they will burn in hell for eternity.

We were very happy for 5 years at Morningside but after this current year have decided to move on. One of the 3rd grade teachers is terrible at utilizing classroom time efficiently. My child comes home daily with classwork that there "wasn't time" to complete. Meanwhile the class spent at least 1 hour a day for 3 weeks practicing for a play & "extra" recess. She shows favoritism for students that are either children of school employees, she is friends with, or have parents that spend a lot of time helping her every day. 5th grade class has 30 students because they did not want to hire a 2nd teacher. They claimed at least 17 students per class were needed to do so, then we discovered they turned away 3 students that wanted to return from last year. A 2nd teacher could have been hired. Luckily the teacher is amazing & can effectively teach a large class. We had a great experience for 5 years but with the recent issues and raising tuition after building a multi million $ gym instead of classrooms for the upper school we feel the pastor does not have the students best interest at heart but how much $ he can make. There are less expensive options with the same advantages in the county.

Last modified Morningside Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8