K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Barnabas Christian Academy 5

Posted April 08, 2016
This school offers a unique quality that is all but lost in today's world. The staff are warm and friendly, and the administrators are very professional. I have been fortunate to witness personally the caring nature of the teachers, and the difference this has made in the classroom and in the lives of the students.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 15, 2016
Teaching and administration behind with the curriculum and unable to keep children up to state standards. And we live in FL, so not much of a positive outlook with this school.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 15, 2016
Hostile and intimidating environment for children. No room for true honesty or trust. Be careful if you're considering this school.

Barnabas Christian Academy 1

Posted March 15, 2016
Barnabas is not the place to send your child. As a parent I couldn't stand by and watch the inept administration and teaching that was going on. The upper Principal Mrs. Bartal is the worst bully at the school. She chooses her favorites and the ones she deems unworhty of grace. She will honeslty go out of her way to belittle and intimidated those unliked students everyday. She will not listen to parents if they express any kind of concern for the well being of their child. I was able to whiteness first hand what happened at that school and as a parent I would keep my child as far away from this school as possible. There are many good private schools to choose from in St. Lucie county that is better equppied and better up to date with the new criculum for students. I hope that if i reach even one parent then I feel Ive done a good service for my community.

Barnabas Christian Academy 1

Posted March 10, 2016
I would not recommend this school. Things that were going on in the school were no different than things I saw when I had my children in public school. I had high hopes for Barnabas that they would set a better standard. But that was not the case.. Upper grade teachers were not qualified to teach the curriculum or discipline properly. They sometimes were bigger bullies than the kids. There is a high lack of respect among administrators and upper school teachers at the school. There is poor communication exhibited. And if you do have to voice a concern you're looked down upon. And your student will suffer when you just want to try and make things right. All they will tell you is..."that's your perrogative" when you just want to state the facts of things that are wrong and try to help. My children and my family have been inconvenienced by pulling them out the last semester of school. We tried to work with Barnabas but we couldn't get through to them. We are now sadly finding out that our children are behind in their studies . They are now going to a Christian School that uses the same abeka program. Those of you who remember Barnabas as a simple humble small school would never recognize it now. I think they bit off more than they can chew because it shows in the attitude of administration and teachers. Remember, as Christians we must be careful to not jump ahead of God in our decision making. .. otherwise we will not be blessed.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 28, 2015
Other than treating your children terribly and marking them for the rest of their lives, there were no teachers who were effective when it came to helping us succeed.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 28, 2015
The amount of homework was the only decent thing about this school but mind you, your child will have to teach themselves.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 28, 2015
Again, this school could care less about their students and their ability to exceed. I am now a young, successful software engineer and I will never forget the mistreatment of my sister and I. Look closely, the only people defending this school are teachers and sadly, parents who more than likely contribute to the school.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 28, 2015
This school has absolutely no respect for students but will put on a completely different face in front of parents. They only care about money.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 28, 2015
In one particular case, I (a student with dyscalculia) was forced to come up to the board and forced to do a math problem on material that I hadn't learned yet, that my teacher knew very well I couldn't do. She then chastised me in front of the entire class making me cry. It was only my 3rd day there. That was just one of my experiences.

1860 SW Fountainview Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL  34986
Last modified Barnabas Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12