K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 28, 2015
Other than treating your children terribly and marking them for the rest of their lives, there were no teachers who were effective when it came to helping us succeed.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 28, 2015
The amount of homework was the only decent thing about this school but mind you, your child will have to teach themselves.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 28, 2015
Again, this school could care less about their students and their ability to exceed. I am now a young, successful software engineer and I will never forget the mistreatment of my sister and I. Look closely, the only people defending this school are teachers and sadly, parents who more than likely contribute to the school.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 28, 2015
This school has absolutely no respect for students but will put on a completely different face in front of parents. They only care about money.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 28, 2015
In one particular case, I (a student with dyscalculia) was forced to come up to the board and forced to do a math problem on material that I hadn't learned yet, that my teacher knew very well I couldn't do. She then chastised me in front of the entire class making me cry. It was only my 3rd day there. That was just one of my experiences.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 28, 2015
This school is filled with judge mental, racist, toxic students and teachers. No one is truly there to help students and your child has no room to grow, only to be afraid and dread going to school every day.

Barnabas Christian Academy 1

Posted October 28, 2015
Please, please, please do not send your child to this school. Whether they're in middle or high school ESPECIALLY* if you're of any other race than white. A lot of parents who are completely blinded by "faith" and what they think makes them a good Christian will recommend this school. My sister and I moved with my single mother to psl when I was in junior high and my sister was in high school and had the worst experience of our life. The teachers are not there for your child's best interest. They are just as horrible as the bullies at this school. And the racism is beyond anything else I've ever experienced. You truly don't know what goes on when you're not there with your kid. God, please don't send your child here. I'd hate to know anyone else will go through what we did. Also, please be aware that there is a lot of favoritism. There are plenty of parents who sponsor this school and those students are treated better. A lot of students who have been sheltered are taught to fear religion and the outside world more than they're taught to embrace their religion. This is a serious nightmare.

Barnabas Christian Academy 1

Posted September 23, 2015
Horrible school I made the mistake of having my kids there 2 years when we moved from Miami my kids went to private religious schools all their live talking about having a child who is now in his first year of high school . Barnabas teachers are not well prepare to teach or treat kids they think they are the kids parents they scream intimidate the kids and some of them even hit the kids because my son saw a teacher hitting a kid with a book on his head my kids also suffer bulling from other kids because they also registered kids that comes from other schools were they don't want them for bad behavior and even take knives to school I'm glad I made the decision of changing them from school my kids before they didn't want to go to school and now they love to go I read a review like this before registering the kids and the principal told me oh that was un upset parent that we had to suspend from school in my case my kids are well behaved kids and also honor roll and they now on 2 of the best schools in county barnabas called themselves Christian and they don't practice their christianism how they have to do it the kids feels there like if they on the army or boot camp where they can only answer yes mean be carful when choosing this school for our kids they are everything to us and we all work hard so they can be in good hands when we are not around them ..

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 23, 2015
She showed respect and always listen to all complains I had and gave me all incidents in writing

Barnabas Christian Academy 5

Posted April 27, 2015
Encouraging learning environment. Free tutoring available if needed after school. Rules and stucture play an integral part and keeps the students on track. The word of God is taught and values reflect this. This school is well adapted to change and the future is looking bright as enrollment increases. I would highly recommend this school.

1860 SW Fountainview Blvd, Port St. Lucie, FL  34986
Last modified Barnabas Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Barnabas Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top