PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

They put a new name on it, like saying refuse, instead of garbage. My daughter went there on the McKay Scholarship and they lost 2 years of records out of the three she attended. The friends she made at this school introduced her to drugs and alcohol. The environment of gossip and back biting other staff members in front of students is deplorable.

I work in the same building and see that the students' playground in our back parking lot. We actually saw a kid wipe out on a curb, while the teach sat there watching and we helped him up. They play with the hoses used by Terminex next door, while the teachers watch. I've heard a teacher say (while 2 little kids were cursing each other) "shut up and get inside". I went to a Christian school, and from what I see, this is not a very well ran one. I don't about the inside, but I would NEVER send my kids there.

Amount of homework: Disagree

25 pages of work must be completed daily to stay on grade level. Work not completed is homework. Depending on how fast you work, that could be s lot. If you don't complete the homework you are punished.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How can students learn fairness and integrity if the staff doesn't demonstrate this behavior? Children learn from the adults around them.

The teacher and administrator were both disrespectful to me. The administrator, not the principal was also disrespectful to my child. This is supposed to be a Christian school and a role model for the children.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers come and go at this school like a revolving door. Every year a new set of teachers, administrators appear. There are even changes in the middle of the year. A school that has this much turnover must have some major issues. Ask yourself WHY??

My child attended this school for several years. The teachers change every year sometimes in the middle of the school year. None of the teachers are certified they are someone's parent or hired off Craig's list. They no longer have a gym, chapel, sports, music, foreign language and they never had a playground. They have listed all of these as amenities. The chapel was ripped out and the chapel was also the gym which is carpeted. Don't waste your time my child fell further and further behind every year. They have recently changed their name to Grace Christian Academy probably to try to get away from the bad reputation they have in the community. The office staff is rude and if you sit in the office long enough you can hear them all gossiping... Very sad!

I started my child at TCCA in Kindergarten, and quickly realized after 1 year, that there was no way they would attend this school another year. My child left Kindergarten not knowing letter sounds or how to read. I can't believe this school can even legally operate and function as a school. And the worst part is having to pay for a low grade less than average education. I thought I was doing something good for my child by incorporating Christ into the school environment. Little did I know that she would be so behind academically. The gym consists of a tiny room with nasty carpet that's probably been there for forever. There's no outside space whatsoever, so children play in a small grassy patch by the road! Yes....right in front of Peacock road! With no fence! Front office staff are also very rude! Isn't this supposed to be a loving Christian environment? This school basically sets children up for failure. Save your money and go elsewhere. You will be so glad you did. I couldn't be more happier than the day we left this school!

This School is AWSOME!!!!!!!!My kids have been at TCCA for 7 years. my oldest son was in kindergarten in the st lucie county school system and suffered greatly. we came the several months before school started to make sure that he would have speech and stuff and yet when school started it took them forever to get started with him. the teacher would just let him sit there. needles to say it was a year wasted. we went to TCCA the following year and did kindergarten again. and excelled. my youngest has had his own challanges and also has excelled. They love the fact that they have chapel every week and bible everyday. I wouldn't change schools for anything. my kids love it there. Teachers are great and they care about the students. If you are looking for a great school with Christian Values this is the place for you

my son went to st lucie public schools from k- 2 grade and was doing terrible in his grades - he was failing because the teachers did not care to teach - he started 3rd grade at tcca and has had a GREAT EXPERIENCE! he is motivated to learn and went from a failing grade to A and B's in his grade - the teachers are Great !! and they make you feel like you are part of a family team helping your child suceed !!!

Last modified Treasure Coast Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12