1,493 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

i hate this school since day one my son get there ,he hasn't learn anything since he entered in k-garden and the teachers is seems like they dont know what doing,all they can do is send notes to complaint about your kids ,if you gonna send your kids here you better keep them home you will teach them better,

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Students who are having troubles are given up on very quickly. Teachers like to tease students having trouble.

How I wish I could rate this school lower than one star. This is Florida and is supposed to be "No Child Left Behind." However, this does not apparently apply if your child has problems. My child has been given up on and the teachers now see fit to tease my child along with the other children. If you are thinking you can try and address this with the Dean, hope you don't have to deal with Dean (initials CH). He is arrogant, rude, and condescending. As a person who failed as first a college football coach, then a high school football coach, and even a high school PE teacher, it baffles me that he is not in charge of elementary age kids' behavior. Then again, the entire school seems to be staffed as such.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers here are a JOKE! They are simply there to collect a paycheck and could care less about the kids. The male Dean there (initials CH) is RUDE and CONDESCENDING and has no business in education. Easy to see why he failed as a football coach before landing at an elementary school.

I am a former student of this school, & I think it was amazing! I may have been bullied, but that's gonna happen with any school and it seemed like the administration did what they were supposed to do to correct the situation. My favorite teacher was my 7th grade reading and she's now the librarian and current Teacher Of The Year for St. Lucie County. I've graduated HS now but I still go back & volunteer. This is an amazing school.

I am a student, going into 7th grade that has attended Oak Hammock since kindergarten. I honestly hate this school and I can't wait until I get to high school. The teachers are very mean and unreasonable. We have the lowest FCAT scores in the county, can you believe that? Don't get me started on the dress code, jeans are not allowed at all. They won't even let us wear sweaters or outerwear without zippers/buttons. One time I almost got a referral for wearing a SWEATER. It was a cold day and I didn't have anything else available at the time. Then, they expect us to get A's on quizzes and tests when we hardly get taught anything! Also, the electives are so limited! Last year, before I started middle school, we could pick from band, art, tech, or gym. I picked art & tech for one semester each. The art elective was dropped before school started up again. Seriously, we only had a couple electives to choose from at first and now you want to have even fewer? Basically, Oak Hammock focuses more on what we're wearing more than our education and success. Do yourself a favor and send your kid to anywhere but Oak Hammock.

they threaten kids. the attendance person thinks that if you're late to school for one day you will never succeed in life, when yet she is the one who is working at a school (no offence, some, i repeat some, teachers there are awesome.) as an attendance person and works a second job at dilards. who isn't very sucsessful in their life now? so, if you do make the horrid decision to send your child here, try never to be late or you will be bullied and targeted by the attendance lady.

This school is not a good place to put your child it is also not a fun place to be and if your child go's there make sure they pack a lunch.they don't care about the children . IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THIS SCHOOL DO THE RONG THING TO THE TEACHERS AND IF THEY SAY YOU GET A REFFERRAL SAY (ok you don't tell me what to do).and they will have nothing to say.GOOD LUCK.and If you care and love child please do not send them to this school. PLEASE I BEG YOU!

Oak Hammock K-8 is not a good school. Your kids will hate it here. I have been going here since the 3rd grade; I am now in 7th grade. Our dress code is the worst. Up until this year we were able to wear jeans. Now we must wear khaki, navy, black, and or grey pants, and they must not be denim. Our lunch is gross and drenched in oil. The only good thing about our school is the Special needs teachers and the support and understanding the middle school teachers give us.

I've been at this school since first grade (since it first opened), and I am currently a seventh grader there. This school is pretty horrible. Most of the teachers, or at least the ones I've had, are pretty mean. It seems as if they care only about the money they're getting from being there, and not about the students. I suppose the staff (such as the dean, attendance person, etc) are alright. The language arts teachers are horrible.. All of the grammar, spelling (etc) skills that I have, I managed to just kinda pick up on it by reading and what not. Point is, the teachers are horrible. Do not go to this school. PLEASE.

Last modified Oak Hammock K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.