1,493 students|St. Lucie

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted December 10, 2015
i hate this school since day one my son get there ,he hasn't learn anything since he entered in k-garden and the teachers is seems like they dont know what doing,all they can do is send notes to complaint about your kids ,if you gonna send your kids here you better keep them home you will teach them better,

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 05, 2015
The new Dean seems to be a fair and honest one. She has thus far been great. After dealing with the male Dean there though, anything is better.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 05, 2015
My child wants nothing more than to get out of this school. Their teaching methods are a joke and they are only preparing the kids for great disappointments.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted December 05, 2015
No problem children are constantly putting their hands on my child. They know because my child is labeled a trouble maker they will not get in trouble.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 05, 2015
My child is ostracized by both students and teachers. He feels lost and nobody at the school cares.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 05, 2015
Students who are having troubles are given up on very quickly. Teachers like to tease students having trouble.

Posted December 05, 2015
How I wish I could rate this school lower than one star. This is Florida and is supposed to be "No Child Left Behind." However, this does not apparently apply if your child has problems. My child has been given up on and the teachers now see fit to tease my child along with the other children. If you are thinking you can try and address this with the Dean, hope you don't have to deal with Dean (initials CH). He is arrogant, rude, and condescending. As a person who failed as first a college football coach, then a high school football coach, and even a high school PE teacher, it baffles me that he is not in charge of elementary age kids' behavior. Then again, the entire school seems to be staffed as such.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted December 05, 2015
The teachers here are a JOKE! They are simply there to collect a paycheck and could care less about the kids. The male Dean there (initials CH) is RUDE and CONDESCENDING and has no business in education. Easy to see why he failed as a football coach before landing at an elementary school.

Oak Hammock K-8 School 5

Posted November 18, 2014
I am a former student of this school, & I think it was amazing! I may have been bullied, but that's gonna happen with any school and it seemed like the administration did what they were supposed to do to correct the situation. My favorite teacher was my 7th grade reading and she's now the librarian and current Teacher Of The Year for St. Lucie County. I've graduated HS now but I still go back & volunteer. This is an amazing school.

Posted June 12, 2014
I am a student, going into 7th grade that has attended Oak Hammock since kindergarten. I honestly hate this school and I can't wait until I get to high school. The teachers are very mean and unreasonable. We have the lowest FCAT scores in the county, can you believe that? Don't get me started on the dress code, jeans are not allowed at all. They won't even let us wear sweaters or outerwear without zippers/buttons. One time I almost got a referral for wearing a SWEATER. It was a cold day and I didn't have anything else available at the time. Then, they expect us to get A's on quizzes and tests when we hardly get taught anything! Also, the electives are so limited! Last year, before I started middle school, we could pick from band, art, tech, or gym. I picked art & tech for one semester each. The art elective was dropped before school started up again. Seriously, we only had a couple electives to choose from at first and now you want to have even fewer? Basically, Oak Hammock focuses more on what we're wearing more than our education and success. Do yourself a favor and send your kid to anywhere but Oak Hammock.

1251 Southwest California Boulevard, Port St. Lucie, FL  34953
Last modified Oak Hammock K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.