Punta Gorda, FL

Posted October 07, 2012
Out of the 4 elementary schools my daughter has attended Peace River Elementary is by far the best. This is the only school to notice how much more progressed she was than some of the other students in her class and put her into an advanced class where she belongs thanks to the wonderful teachers here that actually take the time to pay attention. The teachers and staff are great at encouraging the children and giving positive reinforcements.

Posted January 08, 2009
I have been in Florida for 8 years and this school has been the best out the 4, that my children have attended. The entire staff has a focus on fun and learning, and I can't say enough great things about it's teaching staff.

Posted August 18, 2007
Peace River has come a long way. I couldn't find a better school for my children. The new principal, Mrs. Alavarez and Vice Principal, Tara Konrardy know how to sail this ship, and make leaders and inspire others. I am a proud parent of a Peace River student!

Posted September 20, 2006
My daughter has just started Peace River this year she is in the 4th grade and she loves the school. She has a very good teacher, strick but also understanding , the guidance counselor and all the office personal are absolutely the best. They make everything easy for your child.

Posted May 25, 2006
I think this is a great school and my daughter really loves it there. The teachers are great and really involved in the learning process. The principal is wonderful too. Though she is retiring I'm sure our next one will be just as caring and kind.

Posted September 14, 2005
Peace River offers high quality through academic programs such as Spalding phonics, Compass Learning, and MyAccess. The primary academic focus is on reading, writing, and math. Teachers are dedicated, professional, and highly qualified. The school is constantly providing workshops for their teachers who are then able to implement the new skills within their classrooms. Academic achievement is always a focus. Parents are encouraged to particpate in a wide range of activities such as PTA, the literacy center, and more. There are also a diversified group of extracurricular activities designed to inspire and motivate kids to learn and succeed. This is a superior school!

Posted August 17, 2005
My daughter is a student at PRES. and let me tell you that for the limited time that the childeren had in class after 'Charley' the teachers and staff deserve alot of credit. They tryed to keep the children aware of what was around them and at the same time teaching them that no matter how hard the case might be they have a safe place to learn and be themselves. I recommend this school for parents who want thier children in a a good loving second 'learning' home.

Peace River Elementary School

Posted April 06, 2005
their low rating for 2004 might be because the school was destroyed by the hurricaine and the students are displaced - they should be back at their own place in 2005 fall.

Peace River Elementary School 3

Posted July 28, 2004
Very good teachers and thoughtful administration. Good teacher-student ratio.

Posted June 18, 2003
Peace River Elementary has done an excellent job educating my sons. I have a son going into the fourth grade and a son going into the second grade, plus our daughter will be starting kindergarten there. The teachers all take time and listen as well as teach the students. If there ever is a concern from a parent the staff is willing to listen and get to the bottom of it immediately. My son took the FCAT for the 1st time and got a stanine rating of a 7 out of a 9. He has always been an extra achiever but at Peace River I know he is being taught new things and is never being held back mentally. I love Peace River Elementary! Keep up the great work Teachers and Principals!

Peace River Elementary School
22400 Hancock Avenue, Punta Gorda, FL  33980
Last modified Peace River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peace River Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top