1,146 students|Charlotte

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Posted February 02, 2016
This schools disciplinary system is very low. If your student gets into a fight, they will get accused of 'taunting the bully' or the school will say ' you're getting in trouble because you fought back'. Next up are the teachers. Some of them are student favorites, others...well, not so much. Others (no names being used) are supposed to teach you, but instead sit around. Or, they try to teach the class, instead of helping some students who need individual help. Then, the students. Which in my opinion are the worst part. Some try their hardest to learn and get through with amazing grades, whilst others do not care, and disrupt the entire class while the teachers do nothing to change their ways. So over all, this school is pretty bad.

Punta Gorda Middle School 4

Posted October 19, 2013
We are new to the area but so far, PGMS has been terrific! The guidance counselors worked with us to ensure my 2 children were in the appropriate classes. Since we are from the north, the boys are ahead of the norm and were placed in advanced classes. The teachers are wonderful about keeping the students challenged and engaged. They are very open with communicating with parents and stay on top of any potential issues. The guidance dept has worked extensively with me to ensure my child's 504 has been updated and carried out, even suggesting new ideas as well. I cannot say enough good things about this school. The only "drawback" if you will, which would be present at any school, us that there are a number of rude, obnoxious kids just looking to start trouble and I think some if the teachers turn a blind eye to it, saying "kids will be kids".

Punta Gorda Middle School 2

Posted October 18, 2013
To be honest, I did not like this school at all. In my opinion it's getting worse every year. The school has a nice campus, but the staff isn't the best. I was put in mostly regular classes even though at my previous school I was in all honors (not the best guidance counselors). It was frustrating because I felt like the teachers only liked the gifted students and could care less about the students that were labeled "regular/mainstream/average".

Posted May 01, 2010
If you want me to be nice I hate the school systems here! My daughter hates them too! The school systems dont provide enough and they are way to strict. I am taking her out and bringing her to Sarasota Schools and I dont reccomend these schools I am sorry there just not good. 1 out of 5

Posted January 31, 2010
The principal is GREAT and so is the guidance staff. If I have ever had any problems or questions they have been answered quickly and effectively . The school was destroyed from Hurricane Charley but has come back stronger than ever. It is truely a future- foward school with the technology they have now. I would put my kids there all over again and would recommend it to anyone. I have been on PTO and SAC for the entire time and it is well worth it just to get to know the school, teachers, and staff. They are wonderful!

Posted January 04, 2010
This school has so much bullying going on. The teachers don't seem to do much about it and it's getting worse. A lot of fighting and drugs as well being done in school. I am looking to take my daughter out and drive to North Port.

Posted September 25, 2008
this one of the greatest schools my child has been to

Posted August 18, 2008
This middle school has an outstanding, energetic staff from the top-notch principal to the quality teachers. The new school building is state of the art.

Posted August 09, 2008
i love this school it has the coolest teathers and it is the best middle school in the world

Posted December 20, 2006
The school is horrible. The academics are questionable and discipline is lacking. The staff do not seem to care.

1001 Education Avenue, Punta Gorda, FL  33950
Last modified Punta Gorda Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.