Redington Shores, FL
Students enrolled: 1,428

Posted October 28, 2014
Madeira Beach Fundamental is a fantastic school where parent involvement makes it work. It's not a school where you can get your kid to the bus stop every morning and you're done. You must provide transportation to and from school, sign homework and tests, and attend montly meetings. Kids do great at this school and know how to get help if they need it. Teachers offer study lunch, after school help and are great at communicating with kids and parents. The view of the Intercoastal Waterway is amazing from many classrooms and the focus on marine science is perfect for the setting. Mr. Ateek is great with the kids and makes sure his teachers are fair and responsible. Will miss MBFS when my son goes on to high school next year.

Posted February 12, 2014
We are very happy with Madeira Beach. Our children love their teachers, and the administration is fantastic.

Madeira Beach Fundamental K-8 3

Posted February 20, 2013
This school is crazy about discipline, to the detriment of true learning. The kids are punished constantly for everything, with very little teacher discretion. 5-13-year olds run around crying, worrying about infractions and being kicked out. Kids who skip 2 or 3 steps on the sidewalk instead of walking quietly are given infractions. 9 out of 10 math homework problems is not good enough and students still get demerits. They act like they're a great school because the demographics account for good test scores, but the kids learn to be mean-spirited and think they are entitled.

Madeira Beach Fundamental K-8 1

Posted December 09, 2012
My children have gone to Madiera Beach Fundamental since its inception. We have some great teachers. However, the principal lacks true leadership ability. He does not empower his team with authority of any kind. They are not allowed to make basic judgement decisions. And as such, they rule from the point of fear. I do not believe that this environment fosters the spirit of our children. The principals attitude is "If you don't like it then leave! We have a waiting list of people." It's truly unfortunate because this could be a great school. There is more parent involvement then I have seen at other schools. However, Mr. Ateek makes it very clear that if you don't play by his rules he will shut the PTSA down. This was not the intention of a PTSA when it was founded and I think it is appalling for him represent it as such.

Posted July 06, 2011
My son has been a student at MBFS for the past three years. It has been a wonderful experience every year. The principal is very involved in all aspects of the school. The teachers and staff are Fantastic ! The family involvement is welcomed and expected. There are events throughout the year that brings the entire school together K-8. We are truly blessed to have such a great school.

Posted June 02, 2011
Wow what an amazing school. The staff is amazing...great transition from elementary to Middle...it's like sending your child to school at a family members home. Mr Ateek is on top of everything from grades to proper conduct and goes out of his way to ensure an enviroment that encourages learning and model behavior. I love this school and can not say enough.

Madeira Beach Fundamental K-8 1

Posted December 03, 2010
Maderia Beach Fundamental is the worst middle school, because of the Principal. He is always on his cell phone checking it for emails. He doesn't even acknowledge the parents as he is walking by them. He belongs more ion the elementary side not the middle school side. I have two children there, but I will send them to Thurgood Marshall. The Principal is more hands on, and makes the parents feel important.. Madeira has good teachers, but bad leadership.

Madeira Beach Fundamental K-8 3

Posted July 28, 2010
Fundamental schools (all fundamental) not just Madeira Beach, their are more expectations on the students. One thing I noticed at Madeira Beach is the principal is always checking his phone for e mails. I find this very rude when you are talking to the principal of your child's school and the principal is reading e mails on his cell phone. I also find the front office of the elementary school not very welcoming. Since this was their first year as a fundamental school I think there are still some things that need to work on.

Posted July 02, 2010
I just graduated mad beach this year as an eighth grader. I have been in the fundamental program since kindergarten, so it was easy for me to make the transfer. I personally LOVED my year at mad beach. The environment is fun and upbeat. As a student you do have to work though. If you havent been in the fundamental system before, it will take some getting used to. But this system DOES make you do work, and helps to be successful. I would strongly recommend this school.

Madeira Beach Fundamental K-8 4

Posted March 15, 2010
This is our first year at Madeira Beach Fundamental Middle school. My son is in 8th grade. He came from a very small charter school the previous year. he finds Mad Beach more challenging. The environment is excellent and the level of teaching is in general meets or exceeds expectations. I highly recommend this school.

Madeira Beach Fundamental K-8
591 Tom Stuart Causeway, Redington Shores, FL  33708
Last modified Madeira Beach Fundamental K-8 is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madeira Beach Fundamental K-8 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top