1,288 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We started at Winthrop Charter Elementary when it opened 2 kids (K-5 and K-2 so far). We have had a wonderful experience (if ever in doubt ask to meet with your teacher or the principal - stay in communication). What is most important to me is the level of education my children are getting and at Winthrop, I feel that, my children education level is exceeding any public school in the area! Your children will be pushed to work hard to excel, and so will you!

They sent an offer to attend via email! I call and I was informed the computer sent out false offers! Very disappointing ! This should not happen! Maybe an example of their lack of organization and leadership!

My son has just completed his 8th grade year. He had attended since fourth grade. I am happy to say that he will be going on to high school fully prepared and has been accepted into a prestigious high school program. His teachers have always been easy to communicate with and helpful when in need.

This school is a complete and utter nightmare to any teenager/preteen. Almost all of the "good" reviews of this school are posted by elementary school parents, not middle school parents. The elementary school is very good, and deserves the reviews given, but the middle school is horrible. As an 8th grade student who came in during 5th grade receiving ALL A's, i was very happy in elementary school. As I entered 6th grade, I noticed a decline in my work ethic. By 7th grade, there were 7 civics substitutes who they seem to have found on craigslist, 3 E.L.A subs, and they were all careless and inconsiderate. Now in my 8th grade year, depression, stress, and anxiety have taken over my life. the teachers are horrible, and most staff is EXTREMELY rude. I would NOT, under any circumstances, recommend this school. I'd rather go to McLane or Guinta than this school.

Very unprofessional staff work at this school. I advise all parents considering this school to stay far away from it. If you have a child entering kindergarten and you want to be apart of the experience, CHOOSE ANOTHER SCHOOL. You will only be invited into the school the first day then the rest of the school year you have to leave them at the door of the cafeteria. You WILL NOT be allowed back in the school at ALL! Kids scream in the mornings and look distress in the afternoon. Choose I another school for your children. Save yourself and family a stressful school year.

Very unprofessional office staff. I was told my daughter (who was hospitalized) would have her spot saved, she was accepted and I registered. When she was released from the hospital I spoke to the assistant principle who assured me she had a spot. Hours later I was called and told they were full. I had already notified my daughter and others she would be attending. I would not suggest this school for children with disabilities and/or medical conditions. .

My Daughter started during winter and the staff and teachers made the transition for my daughter very nice. The teachers communicate well via phone or email. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable and I love that the parents have to be involved when it comes to the students. I applied for my son and he will be attending next year and I am so happy for us to be a parent of the Winthrop family!!

Amazing school for my 1st grader. She is thriving and is given every opportunity needed to continue to thrive. I would recommend to anyone!

My child has been at Winthrop since she was in Kindergarten. I was so worried for her to leave and go off to school, but meeting her teacher made me feel at ease. She took the time to meet with my child and make her feel ready for her first day. I highly recommend Winthrop as my second child will be there soon.

Great school! My kids attended this school from day one and I never had any issues. The teachers, principal, staffs, and administration are all amazing. I would definitely recommend WCS.

Last modified Winthrop Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.