Public charter
Riverview, FL
Students enrolled: 1,263

Posted April 30, 2015
Great school! My kids attended this school from day one and I never had any issues. The teachers, principal, staffs, and administration are all amazing. I would definitely recommend WCS.

Posted April 14, 2015
My child's name is Carly .Winthrop charter school is a great school and I highly recommend this school to anyone who are looking for a great school.

Posted March 30, 2015
I'm so glad my son got pick to attend Winthrop charter school he loves his teacher and is learning so much. I would recommend this school to all my family and friends.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 26, 2015
My son started Winthrop last year, i removed him from regular public school and i couldn't be any happier with that decision. The staff and teachers are truly amazing and extremely great with all the kids. My son is excelling in all subjects and reaching his highest potential and a lot of that is thanks to Winthrop. I highly recommend Winthrop charter :)

Posted March 26, 2015
Great school! Always good communication with parents, great drop off pick up system. GREAT teachers!

Posted December 08, 2014
My kids have been at the school since day one. While there were some issues at the beginning, you would have to expect that with a start up school. After only 3 years, they earned an A rating in academics. If academics is your priority, this is a great school.

Posted July 31, 2014
My daughter has completed her first (fourth) grade year at Winthrop, and she is gearing up for her fifth. After a full year there, I decided to post this review. My husband and I are very pleased with the school overall. We loved the teachers our daughter had - Mrs. Guzan and Mrs. Bowlby. They were completely professional, reliable, and very hard-working the entire year. Most of the teachers and staff are pleasant but hard-working. These people bustle and hustle. They are committed to reaching the school's goals, it is very evident. The school policies are strict for a purpose - to create uniformity in dress and provide a basic expectation of good behavior. In no way does the school inhibit children's individuality. It provides structure at a basic level so that children feel empowered at higher levels. The only complaint I have is the lack of a school nurse during school hours. Sometimes there seemed to be one; other times, there was not. This is the only major concern I have. As for other bad reviews, I've seen the principal many times - bustling, lol - and he always had a friendly smile. Same with the front office staff. I recommend Winthrop highly. :)

Posted June 05, 2014
This school has provided me with the right tools and assistance to help my son succeed. With the online grading system PowerSchool, I was able to see from early on in the year that he needed extra help with reading. I met with his teacher to discuss my concerns, and we were able to come up with a plan that included several levels of help depending on how things progressed. Fortunately, it was enough for him to be worked with in small groups several times a week to help him improve, but had this not worked, there were other levels of assistance that were ready to be put in place. I was able to keep tabs on my son s grade through PowerSchool and keep in frequent touch with his teacher, who gave him special encouragement when he did especially well on a weekly reading test. Also, when I had concerns about my son s stuttering, I was able to quickly get him in for an evaluation with the school speech pathologist. This was very helpful to not have to pay for an outside evaluation. Because of all the help available to me, my son was able to have a very successful year.

Posted May 19, 2014
Great school !! teachers and faculty are great, always available, and are wonderful with the kids. The curriculum is both challenging, and beneficial to the students. I reccomend this school to all the moms I know !

Posted May 18, 2014
My daughter has been at this school now since the day it opened (3 years now) and she has excelled with the many opportunities provided to her. The academic and extra curricular activities have been available since the very beginning. She has been part of honor music society, National Junior Honor Society, safety patrols, athletic teams, yearbook club, etc. In each one of these instances, she was only allowed to participate if she kept good grades and good behavior. I like that the school puts emphasis on not only academics but also on building good people. They are not allowed to be on the athletic teams or go on field trips if their teachers don't sign off on their grades & behavior. I think this is really important, especially in the middle school so that these kids know what is expected of them as they grow into responsible adults. Uniform policy is strict but I would rather deal with that than have my kids in an environment where baggy pants or short shorts or other inappropriate clothing is the norm.

Winthrop Charter School
6204 Scholars Hill Lane, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Winthrop Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winthrop Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top