Public charter
Riverview, FL
Students enrolled: 1,263

Posted May 11, 2015
My Daughter started during winter and the staff and teachers made the transition for my daughter very nice. The teachers communicate well via phone or email. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable and I love that the parents have to be involved when it comes to the students. I applied for my son and he will be attending next year and I am so happy for us to be a parent of the Winthrop family!!

Posted May 07, 2015
Amazing school for my 1st grader. She is thriving and is given every opportunity needed to continue to thrive. I would recommend to anyone!

Posted May 07, 2015
My child has been at Winthrop since she was in Kindergarten. I was so worried for her to leave and go off to school, but meeting her teacher made me feel at ease. She took the time to meet with my child and make her feel ready for her first day. I highly recommend Winthrop as my second child will be there soon.

Posted April 30, 2015
Great school! My kids attended this school from day one and I never had any issues. The teachers, principal, staffs, and administration are all amazing. I would definitely recommend WCS.

Posted April 14, 2015
My child's name is Carly .Winthrop charter school is a great school and I highly recommend this school to anyone who are looking for a great school.

Posted March 30, 2015
I'm so glad my son got pick to attend Winthrop charter school he loves his teacher and is learning so much. I would recommend this school to all my family and friends.

Posted March 26, 2015
My son started Winthrop last year, i removed him from regular public school and i couldn't be any happier with that decision. The staff and teachers are truly amazing and extremely great with all the kids. My son is excelling in all subjects and reaching his highest potential and a lot of that is thanks to Winthrop. I highly recommend Winthrop charter :)

Posted March 26, 2015
Great school! Always good communication with parents, great drop off pick up system. GREAT teachers!

Posted December 08, 2014
My kids have been at the school since day one. While there were some issues at the beginning, you would have to expect that with a start up school. After only 3 years, they earned an A rating in academics. If academics is your priority, this is a great school.

Winthrop Charter School 4

Posted July 31, 2014
My daughter has completed her first (fourth) grade year at Winthrop, and she is gearing up for her fifth. After a full year there, I decided to post this review. My husband and I are very pleased with the school overall. We loved the teachers our daughter had - Mrs. Guzan and Mrs. Bowlby. They were completely professional, reliable, and very hard-working the entire year. Most of the teachers and staff are pleasant but hard-working. These people bustle and hustle. They are committed to reaching the school's goals, it is very evident. The school policies are strict for a purpose - to create uniformity in dress and provide a basic expectation of good behavior. In no way does the school inhibit children's individuality. It provides structure at a basic level so that children feel empowered at higher levels. The only complaint I have is the lack of a school nurse during school hours. Sometimes there seemed to be one; other times, there was not. This is the only major concern I have. As for other bad reviews, I've seen the principal many times - bustling, lol - and he always had a friendly smile. Same with the front office staff. I recommend Winthrop highly. :)

Winthrop Charter School
6204 Scholars Hill Lane, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Winthrop Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winthrop Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top