Public charter
Riverview, FL
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Kid's Community College Southeast opened in August 2012 and became part of a dynamic family of schools in Florida. We pride ourselves on providing a nurturing school environment and a rigorous inquiry-based academic program. We have been approved as an official IB Candidate School for the 2013-2014 school year and will have a wide variety of IB resources available to us. Our parents play a big role in the success of our school and journey toward IB authorization through volunteerism, donations, and fundraising efforts. We have an open door policy and encourage frequent communication between home and school through several mediums and a minimum of one parent-professor conference per quarter. We provide a number of extended services based on student academic needs. Furthermore, our special needs students are served according to their individual education plans and are supported by KCC staff members. Additional support is provided through the Hillsborough School District. The thorough process of identifying special needs students is done in accordance with state and federal law, as well as Hillsborough School District policies.
May 17, 2013

Kids Community College Charter School Southeast Hillsborough County School District 5

Posted December 10, 2014
I think is a great school overall, but need to encourage the parents to volunteer more and more often. Parents are not putting the volunteer time required with the school commitment. Also needs a future program for student above average within their classroom and grade where the teacher can recommend so that the student will not get distracted and can stay focus exceeding possible some next grade level assignments. One thing I can't understand why can the kids celebrate Christmas and other holiday when all other school are able to , by just keeping a respect for anyone that don't celebrate for a reason or another which is understandable but why penalize the majority and the beauty of the holidays. Kids don't understand and they are little and should be able to enjoy the innocence of their believes. I recommend looking into it keeping the respect for everyone but not limiting all.

Posted December 09, 2014
I've seen so many positive areas of growth in my daughter from both the educational and personal perspectives. Making top grades has been fairly easy for her since starting with the KCC VPK program but she now is being challenged to achieve those top scores by the IB and 3rd grade expectations and that's where I see the growth in her character and her study skills. I must add, this transition has helped me grow as a parent too. I've had to brush away the cobwebs from my brain when I review her homework with her and she asks me what's the square root of...? Yikes! (I don't remember doing Algebra or Geometry until I was in H.S. - where's my chamomile tea?!) Thanks for all you do for us KCC SE. We appreciate you so much.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 09, 2014
This is an amazing school. The teachers and staff go above and beyond. I can't imagine sending my children any where else.
3 people found this helpful

Posted August 15, 2014
I've been with KCC SE for several years now, and I still love working here. We are slowly growing and now serve K-4 as well as VKP. I love that the students and their families are as passionate about our school as the teachers and staff members are. It feels like a family; one that welcomes new students. As a professor, I benefit from the professional development that KCC SE provides, including IB PYP trainings. This enables me to confidently teach our students all they need to know/understand, go beyond the Florida Standards, and guide them to become problem solvers and responsible citizens.

Posted April 29, 2014
I love KCC Southeast. It is the best school. I would not consider enrolling my child in another school.

Posted June 27, 2013
My child is looking forward to the new school year! That's amazing considering summer break just started! That's how much they love KCC. We have been with KCC for several years and pleased to continue our educational journey with the Southeast school. The same KCC philosophy we love and support is here: high quality education, supportive teachers and administration, high parental involvement, individual needs identified and met! I look forward to experiencing many more successful years with KCC!

Posted June 14, 2013
Before attending Kids Community College my son attended another public school in Riverview and it's an extremely active child and needed a place not only to excel in sports but also his education. He also needed a place where they would not judge him because of past experience or because his brother had trouble performing above average. This school provide a safe heaven where the kids can be themselves, they don't have to worry about how they dress, fit in, sound, walk, or talk. They are thought how to respect themsleves and each other. KidsCC provides a foundation that get their children ready for the real world. I was also worried about where I would send my oldest for Middle School because he does not fit in with what we call the "Cool Crowd" My son is the happiest I have ever seen him. He's performing way above average where before it was way below average; can you say "High Honor Roll!" KidsCC is making a huge difference in our community and our kids future. The staff welcomes you with a smile always. They are extremely supportive and kind....Love them!!!!

Posted June 11, 2013
Kids Community College is a great school and I have been working with them for a number of yerars. I have seen many children come and go and they have benefited from the staff, and the other children of their peers. The staff cares about each of the children and go above and beyond to help them in any way possilbe.

Posted June 11, 2013
KCC is the greatest school I have come in contact with. I have 3children and have delt with several schools and none can compare to them

Posted June 11, 2013
Excellent education enviroment that promote the succes of my daughter, we can not be happier with the resultes and the progress she had made.

11519 McMullen Rd., Riverview, FL  33569
Last modified Kids Community College Charter School Southeast Hillsborough County School District is a Charter school that serves grades PK-4
Kids Community College Charter School Southeast Hillsborough County School District Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top