745 students|Hillsborough
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Both of my children attended Rodgers, and now I am the principal. I was appointed in March of 2013, and was given the opportunity to hire my own Assistant Principals as well as other staff members. At the moment, we have three FANTASTIC AP's with 740 students. I have also hired TOP NOTCH staff, including teachers, resource people, and instructional support who truly care about our students. Our Student Council is also AWESOME, participating in many charitable drives and events for the needy. Regardless of what may or may not have occurred at Rodgers in the past, our entire administrative staff was not there at the time, nor should we or the school be blamed and judged based on past events, no matter how tragic. I have done my best to make it an inviting, welcoming family-like atmosphere with a safe, caring, and orderly environment. Please feel free to call me if you have any specific questions about our Rodgers.
January 05, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted January 12, 2016
Great School, very organized and they keep the parents informed. The front office is very helpful and courteous, unlike the charter school down the road. My children love this school and are doing very well and are honor students.

Rodgers Middle School 2

Posted December 14, 2015
I have not been impressed with this school at all. First impression driving up to it is prison like. Every single time I have gone to the front office it has been chaotic. The first couple times I excused it as 'the morning rush' but I have since gone back at other times and it is just VERY disorganized. The front office lady, while pleasant enough of a person, is clueless as to what is going on in the school. I witnessed field trip confusion, hearing test location confusion, fundraiser chaos, etc. There are student helpers that are in the front office area and I think it just adds to the chaos. The students are missing a huge opportunity to learn people care skills. They are reduced to answering the entry gate calls (which just adds to the prison feel) and buzzing people in. The distance from the gate door and the gate communicator are too far apart, the children say 'open the door when you hear a click' well it silent clicks almost immediately and you still have to walk over to the door. This can easily be remedied by having students cont to maybe 3-4 before 'opening' the gate. Instead I have personally experienced calling up to the office multiple times just trying to figure out the timing and listening for a click to get the dang door open!! If the least of the schools problems were a gate and a secretary that seems kinda lost most of the time, it wouldn't be a big deal but I have had multiple issues trying to communicate with teachers and get information and paperwork necessary for events. My son had a field trip coming up for a competition, I kept asking about field trip paper work, details about the where, why, why, etc. and it wasn't ready yet. When was it ready? Two days before the event. I once sent an e-mail to a teacher and received a reply a month later. It just seems that Rodger's middle is... disconnected. The bones could be good if they could just get connected with the muscles. Over all I am thankful my child only has one year left here and I am working on alternate arrangements for my child set to enter middle school next fall.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 05, 2015

Posted July 21, 2014
Rodgers is an excellent school I used to go there and the FIRST PRIORITY IS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE HAPPY . Guidance counselors and teachers all care about your education , The principal is amazing ! And yeah a girl died but School board did everything to correct it , We got a new principal , Asistant principal , And this school is much better than it was . And the chorus program is excellent !!! Mr Lopez is one of the best teachers there ! And when we went to preform for MPAs and universal and especially concerts we got amazing ratings like excellent and superior (the highest ratings) I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Rodgers Middle School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! Students are shoved through the system. Administration is more concerned with covering their a** than doing their job. Teachers are just plain tired and burned out. Thugs rule the school with little to no adult intervention and definitely no consequences for their actions. Student Government consists of teachers, parents, administrators and IS A JOKE. Teachers just talk about how overworked they are and tests they administer. The school literally looks like a prison! Do whatever you have to do as a parent to make sure your child DOES NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL. You and your child will regret it for the rest of your lives! This is the school 2 years ago where the little girl was not watched by teachers, wandered off and drown! BE WARNED.

Rodgers Middle School 3

Posted August 07, 2013
my school is kinda good is this school right for my cild to go to

Rodgers Middle School 1

Posted March 31, 2013
My daughter sent her son to Rodgers for 6th grade. We took him out after a couple of months and transferred him to a Charter School in the area. He is doing excellent, learning without distractions. He was bullied every day, punched, pushed and thrown on the floor at lunch. When he defended himself, he got in trouble. Right after he left, a special needs girl drown in the pond behind the school, sad. Parents take your kids out of there. No kid should have to endure that.

Posted September 03, 2012
Rodgers is one of the best schools you could ever send your kids to.. so what if there are fights the teachers are great especially the chorus teacher and I would never EVER change anything because everyone is really nice once you get to know them.. just don't hang out with the wrong crowd :) I am a student that is currently going there and I love this school :)

Posted February 04, 2012
this school is amazing so what if there r a lot of fights the teachers r great expecially the chorus teacher i sucked at math but then i went to this school and get straight a's teachers take their time to explain things. if u want ur child to learn go here this is a fantastic school.

Rodgers Middle School 3

Posted January 07, 2012
It's sad to see reviews that are misspelled. Don't you people at least use spell check? It obviously shows that some of you had a bad education and here I am researching schools only to find reviews filled by unintelligent beings. Teachers can't do much for bullying. It's a PARENTS responsibility!!! I'm not for bullying but do believe the best solution against bullying is knowing self-defense. So DO something for YOUR child and teach them self-defense. Stop being so lazy and dependent of others to fix your issues. I'm done here.

Rodgers Middle School
11910 Tucker Road, Riverview, FL  33569
Last modified Rodgers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rodgers Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top