Riverview, FL
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Both of my children attended Rodgers, and now I am the principal. I was appointed in March of 2013, and was given the opportunity to hire my own Assistant Principals as well as other staff members. At the moment, we have three FANTASTIC AP's with 740 students. I have also hired TOP NOTCH staff, including teachers, resource people, and instructional support who truly care about our students. Our Student Council is also AWESOME, participating in many charitable drives and events for the needy. Regardless of what may or may not have occurred at Rodgers in the past, our entire administrative staff was not there at the time, nor should we or the school be blamed and judged based on past events, no matter how tragic. I have done my best to make it an inviting, welcoming family-like atmosphere with a safe, caring, and orderly environment. Please feel free to call me if you have any specific questions about our Rodgers.
January 05, 2015

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 05, 2015

Posted July 21, 2014
Rodgers is an excellent school I used to go there and the FIRST PRIORITY IS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE HAPPY . Guidance counselors and teachers all care about your education , The principal is amazing ! And yeah a girl died but School board did everything to correct it , We got a new principal , Asistant principal , And this school is much better than it was . And the chorus program is excellent !!! Mr Lopez is one of the best teachers there ! And when we went to preform for MPAs and universal and especially concerts we got amazing ratings like excellent and superior (the highest ratings) I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!

Posted May 29, 2014
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE! Students are shoved through the system. Administration is more concerned with covering their a** than doing their job. Teachers are just plain tired and burned out. Thugs rule the school with little to no adult intervention and definitely no consequences for their actions. Student Government consists of teachers, parents, administrators and IS A JOKE. Teachers just talk about how overworked they are and tests they administer. The school literally looks like a prison! Do whatever you have to do as a parent to make sure your child DOES NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL. You and your child will regret it for the rest of your lives! This is the school 2 years ago where the little girl was not watched by teachers, wandered off and drown! BE WARNED.
2 people found this helpful

Rodgers Middle School 3

Posted August 07, 2013
my school is kinda good is this school right for my cild to go to

Posted March 31, 2013
My daughter sent her son to Rodgers for 6th grade. We took him out after a couple of months and transferred him to a Charter School in the area. He is doing excellent, learning without distractions. He was bullied every day, punched, pushed and thrown on the floor at lunch. When he defended himself, he got in trouble. Right after he left, a special needs girl drown in the pond behind the school, sad. Parents take your kids out of there. No kid should have to endure that.

Posted September 03, 2012
Rodgers is one of the best schools you could ever send your kids to.. so what if there are fights the teachers are great especially the chorus teacher and I would never EVER change anything because everyone is really nice once you get to know them.. just don't hang out with the wrong crowd :) I am a student that is currently going there and I love this school :)

Posted February 04, 2012
this school is amazing so what if there r a lot of fights the teachers r great expecially the chorus teacher i sucked at math but then i went to this school and get straight a's teachers take their time to explain things. if u want ur child to learn go here this is a fantastic school.

Rodgers Middle School 3

Posted January 07, 2012
It's sad to see reviews that are misspelled. Don't you people at least use spell check? It obviously shows that some of you had a bad education and here I am researching schools only to find reviews filled by unintelligent beings. Teachers can't do much for bullying. It's a PARENTS responsibility!!! I'm not for bullying but do believe the best solution against bullying is knowing self-defense. So DO something for YOUR child and teach them self-defense. Stop being so lazy and dependent of others to fix your issues. I'm done here.

Posted November 03, 2011
The staff is so RUDE and my step son is not learning a thing! They recomened that he be in regular classes and he is not where he needs to be, they really don't care either. This place is more like an innercity ghetto flop house where kids go to hang out. If it was up to me I would pull him out today!

Posted March 21, 2011
The school is really bad starting from staff, teachers and the kids. If you want your child not to learn anything send them there. Thank goodness my child is leaving this year. Do some search before you decide to send your child there. I wish I had done my..

Rodgers Middle School
11910 Tucker Road, Riverview, FL  33569
Last modified Rodgers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rodgers Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top