745 students|Hillsborough
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Both of my children attended Rodgers, and now I am the principal. I was appointed in March of 2013, and was given the opportunity to hire my own Assistant Principals as well as other staff members. At the moment, we have three FANTASTIC AP's with 740 students. I have also hired TOP NOTCH staff, including teachers, resource people, and instructional support who truly care about our students. Our Student Council is also AWESOME, participating in many charitable drives and events for the needy. Regardless of what may or may not have occurred at Rodgers in the past, our entire administrative staff was not there at the time, nor should we or the school be blamed and judged based on past events, no matter how tragic. I have done my best to make it an inviting, welcoming family-like atmosphere with a safe, caring, and orderly environment. Please feel free to call me if you have any specific questions about our Rodgers.
January 05, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted April 25, 2016
Thank you to all the students who work hard everyday, caring for one another and encouraging your friends and neighbors to succeed! Well done!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 25, 2016
As an elementary school teacher I know it takes a special kind of person to teach middle school. These teachers are the cats meow! Patient, caring and responsive. Impressive and dedicated!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted April 25, 2016
This school is academically challenging. Students work hard and are held accountable for their decisions and academic success.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 25, 2016
This is a place where EVERYONE fits in, from the robotics geek, to the drama nerd, to the jock and the crunchy greenies. This school embraces diversity and growth.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 25, 2016
Students are held accountable, parents are involved, positive reinforcement drives students to success. As a Mother to 4 children, I think Rodgers is an excellent addition to our community.

Rodgers Middle School 5

Posted April 25, 2016
This is an excellent school! Always improving. As the new communities have popped up more and more funding becomes available and they have done and excellent job putting it to use. Academically challenging, culturally Diverse, EXCELLENT programs! There is a place for everyone at Rodgers. Actively involved families from local community work hard to make Rodgers an amazing school

Rodgers Middle School 2

Posted March 30, 2016
The teachers never update Edsby and rarely if ever respond to repeated messages. They allow teachers assistants to grade papers for them since they apparently can't spend the time to do it themselves even though they each get a free period. There are kids constantly wandering the halls with no supervision and fights happening all the time. It is not a good school.

Rodgers Middle School 5

Posted January 12, 2016
Great School, very organized and they keep the parents informed. The front office is very helpful and courteous, unlike the charter school down the road. My children love this school and are doing very well and are honor students.

Rodgers Middle School 2

Posted December 14, 2015
I have not been impressed with this school at all. First impression driving up to it is prison like. Every single time I have gone to the front office it has been chaotic. The first couple times I excused it as 'the morning rush' but I have since gone back at other times and it is just VERY disorganized. The front office lady, while pleasant enough of a person, is clueless as to what is going on in the school. I witnessed field trip confusion, hearing test location confusion, fundraiser chaos, etc. There are student helpers that are in the front office area and I think it just adds to the chaos. The students are missing a huge opportunity to learn people care skills. They are reduced to answering the entry gate calls (which just adds to the prison feel) and buzzing people in. The distance from the gate door and the gate communicator are too far apart, the children say 'open the door when you hear a click' well it silent clicks almost immediately and you still have to walk over to the door. This can easily be remedied by having students cont to maybe 3-4 before 'opening' the gate. Instead I have personally experienced calling up to the office multiple times just trying to figure out the timing and listening for a click to get the dang door open!! If the least of the schools problems were a gate and a secretary that seems kinda lost most of the time, it wouldn't be a big deal but I have had multiple issues trying to communicate with teachers and get information and paperwork necessary for events. My son had a field trip coming up for a competition, I kept asking about field trip paper work, details about the where, why, why, etc. and it wasn't ready yet. When was it ready? Two days before the event. I once sent an e-mail to a teacher and received a reply a month later. It just seems that Rodger's middle is... disconnected. The bones could be good if they could just get connected with the muscles. Over all I am thankful my child only has one year left here and I am working on alternate arrangements for my child set to enter middle school next fall.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted January 05, 2015

11910 Tucker Road, Riverview, FL  33569
Last modified Rodgers Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.