PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Serious issues with unqualified teachers. Be careful before sending your children here. Check out their accreditation. Many of their teachers don't even have degrees.

My kids are in elementary school at PCS. This is their third year of enrollment. My kids are better educated than their public and homeschooled peers. Having my kids educated in a Christian environment has been such a blessing. I have been able to be very involved as a parent as well.

My daughter attends Providence. I love the Christian environment and the biblical foundation the school instills in the students. My daughter has done very well academically, and socially has made friends. The administration has been responsive to concerns, and has addressed concerns. I think this is an outstanding school.

I went to this school for one year and hated it. A lot of the students were mean, and I had $30 stolen from my purse while at PE. The teachers aren't all qualified, but I will say that compared to the public schools in Riverview, it might be the better option, because at least it is a safe environment.

I have the unique experience of being both a prior graduate of PCS and a parent of a wondeful young lady in high school at PCS. I will tell you from experince that the administration does care and act on concerns. The education is exceptional at PCS. I teach in the public school system and know what is being taught and how from personal experience. PCS outshines most public school educations. There are caring, experienced teachers and administration at PCS. The rules will help you in your future careers-- there are dress codes for most jobs, rules binding how and what you can do. PCS rules prepares you to have a successful career. It has always been a priviledge not a right to attend PCS, so if you want your child to have an excellent education, good friends, good attitude, right spirit then send them to this school.

I was a student at this school during most of my 8th grade year. I was led to believe that this was going to be a wonderful school, but I can say there was nothing wonderful about my experience there. The administration seemed more concerned with how the students behaved at home than who was being bullied or not. I was the target of bullying by many students. The education was poor: students had bad grades, and the faculty was more worried about what color jacket I wore, what color our socks and shoes were, and how well our shirts were tucked in. From the viewpoint of a student, I feel that many of the students, felt very oppressed due to the crazy dress codes and the overly strict rules about what one could and couldn't do at home. I'm now in public school and like it much better.

My two older sons entered PCS in the 9th grade after being homeschooled through 8th. The education they received earned one of them 100% Bright Futures and the other a 100% ROTC Scholarship along with Bright Futures. Each son participated in the sports program being mentored by some of the finest Christian men I have ever known. Over the 7 years that my sons attended PCS, I worked with the teachers, the staff, the administration, and other parents as a volunteer at sporting events, class fundraisers, and other school functions. Everyone at PCS was caring and supportive of the students. Unlike the large public schools in the area, PCS provides a family atmosphere that nurtures Christian faith, Christlike character, and personal spiritual growth. PCS prepares students both academically and spiritually to face life. My daughter begins 9th grade this fall. I am excited about another 4 years at PCS!

Last modified Providence Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12