No rating

Llamas and Learning Montessori

Private | PK-1

Living in Riverview

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Sweep tile

Posted June 3, 2013

This is such an awesome school! I am the proudest parent and would do it all over again in a heartbeat! Highly recommended!

Posted January 19, 2011

My older daughter has attended Monet s Pond/Llamas and Learning since she was three years old. By the time she was in first grade she was a fast reader able to read and comprehend more advanced stories like Amelia Earhart and the Wright Brothers. The teachers are extremely caring and professional in getting children interested in science, math, geography (she is asking questions about the great wall of china, the Galapagos island and the Eiffel Tower to name a few) music, art and so much more. I like that I don t have to wait for teacher/parents conference day to learn how my child is doing. I simply ask how her day was every afternoon when I pick her up and get an immediate response and suggestions on how to improve and make her more interested in subjects which are not her strongest. The school parties are wonderful with plenty of activities including inflatables, hay rides face painting and water slides for the summer party.

Posted June 21, 2010

My son attended this school for 3 years and we loved every moment of it. I intend on signing up my daughter when I go back to work and she will too benefit from the professional and educational environment. The closed doors allow the children to remain focused and not be disturbed by helicopter parents who can't let their children learn independence. Helicopter parents are parents that hover over their children constantly. If you have concerns, they allow you to watch, but having open doors with parents coming and going is disturbing to the children and prevents them from following the lesson plans. My son knew things no other 3 year old around knew because of this school and I was extremely happy with every moment of it and look forward to my daughter experiencing the farm environment, the wonderful play area, and the animals.

Posted June 1, 2010

The directors of this school should be ashamed of themselves. They treat VPK children as though they are not worth their time because they do not pay a full tuition out of pocket. They do not allow parent/teacher conferences - those are only for Full time, paying students. So you have no way of knowing how your child is performing. They do not give the kids any kind of recognition for completing school - no graduation, no diploma - nothing! If you arrive one minute early, they make you wait outside. If you arrive one minute late, they make you wait a half hour and then your child has to walk by themselves down a steep hill to the BASEMENT classroom that is for the VPK kids, I am disgusted with this school and no other children of mine will ever attend here!

Posted March 19, 2010

I had to post my view of this school after reading these disturbing postings about the 'closed doors' and not knowing what is going on. This is one of the best schools in Riverview! My son attended this school for over 3 years and he has learned so much. The teachers care very much for the students. I have always been able to see my child or speak to the schools owner and teachers when I've had questions or concerns. Like any other school - you may have one or two students with bad behavior issues and with zero involvement from the parents and the school has to deal with them appropriately. Again, as a parent - and one that has looked at many schools in this area - I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 17, 2010

My 2 children love this school. My 1 yr old is learning so many wonderful things and the staff is very caring. My 4 yr old can already write her name and she is starting spelling tests. She picks out words for me in our books at home. The outdoor environment is beautiful with all the animals they interact with daily. She came home and told me she got to help collect chicken eggs today. What a wonderful environment for them.

Posted September 4, 2009

Now Monet's Pond, I was far from impressed. The closed door policy does not make you feel very good about what your child is learning. There is also very little communication between parent and teachers. There is no schedule and when you inquire about anything you are either ignored or treated passive aggressively. They do not solicit feedback nor want it. The closed door policy is what bothered me the most, especially when I was able to compare this to another school. I was able to finally participate in my child's education and not have to wonder what they did all day long. They also have too many kids for adequate supervision and their time is spread thin. They watch about 1 hour of TV per day in the am and pm during drop off. Another thing they dont want you to see.

Posted March 13, 2008

My children started going to school here 2 months ago. I absolutely love the school. Both of my children (ages 1 and 3) happily part from me every morning and enjoy their learning experiences. I am most impressed by the classroom learning environment. It's not chaotic, dirty and loud like most other preschool/daycares. At this school, if you drop by, you can see your child working in a peaceful, quiet environment with classical music in the background. Every child is actively engaged in an activity of interest and they are taught to respect one another's space and work. My children have not been sick since going to school here, which attests to the cleanliness. When my son went to another preschool he was sick EVERY week. It would be nicer if they had an open door policy, but I understand why they don't.

Posted August 27, 2007

My son has attended this school for almost a year and we couldn't be happier with the education and 'out of the norm' experiences(animals, nature walks, cooking class, school plays) he is participating in. My son loves going to school everyday and we can see exactly how much he is learning by talking to him everyday. The staff treats the children like little adults who thought to think for themselves and think outside the box. They do not talk down to them or make the children belive there are things they are incapable of achieving. Their curriculum is amazing and their daily learning experiences will take them farther in life than anything that could be taught from a text book. The staff is the most knowledgeable and caring group I have ever experienced. They bring the real world and personal experiences to the classroom every day.

Posted August 20, 2007

I to was concerned over the drop off your child and leave issue. I asked to watch and was given acess to see my child learn things and do things in the traditional monessouri methods. This may be something people are not familiar with.The school is great, how many children get to do montassouri and be on a farm with llamas, ponies and more. The extracirricular activites on site is great. I love not having to pick up and drop off or worry about them if I do not stay. My child is learning sign language and is blossoming wonderfully in their care. This school is diffinatley worth checking into for your child.

Posted February 3, 2007

My son has been at this school for almost one year and we've been having the best experience. Teachers focus on the children - and 'the closed doors' are only to 'protect our children from predators' - you can visit the school at any time and they have a wonderful upstairs & downstairs rooms for the children with great Montessori learning tools. I would highly recommend this school to parents appreciating the Montessori way of learning!

Posted January 13, 2006

My son has attended Llamas and Learning for 3 years. The school's administrators and teachers are very caring and work hard to support each child's social, emotional, and intellectual development. Children advance through the program based not only on chronological age, but also individual ability and maturity. I would recommend this school to those interested in a smaller setting where they have the opportunity to get to know the staff on a one on one basis.

Posted December 5, 2005

Quality of academic programs: It is hard to say since they don't let you see anything. Once your children go behind those doors the only thing you hear is what your children tell you! Try geting a detailed discription from a four year old. From what I have seen, the quality is poor. I have tought my child more than they have. Availability of extracurricular activities: Extracurricular as in extra money and during school hours (taking away from their education). Level of parent involvement: There is no homework so you can't help there. Like I mentioned before, Parents can't go beyond the closed doors, so no there. Only when there is a party. They are to cheap (for a private school) to flip the bill for anything. This is the worst private school I have ever seen!

Posted February 10, 2005

My daughter attends this school and it is the best. The teachers are great, kind, and most of all, my child loves going to school.

Posted September 9, 2003

I am the grandmother of two beautiful children who attend this school. It is their second year there and they love the school as do we. The grounds are beautiful and the teachers are so caring and patient. There are so many activities to choose from-and the education they receive can not be compared. The children are under no pressure and are praised for all they accomplish. I see an amazing difference in my grandchildren just in the two years they have attended-plus they look forward to school everyday and enjoy all they do and learn there.

Asian 0% N/A

• Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMS
  • Other Montessori

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

13227 Boyette Rd