651 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

I have to say I am impressed with the dedication this school has with getting the kids to and from school. Rain or shine, the entire staff it seems is outside morning and afternoon marshalling them for the busses, parent walk-ups, or the automobile pick-up line. It's a pretty precise/flawless process from what I have experienced so far, and I applaud their dedication!

My son is so happy to be in the symmes elementary school. The teachers are great!!!!

My son has attended this school from K- 3rd grade. We are moving him this year to a different one. The curriculum is only oriented for testing, I was even told by a teacher that events like a teach in (that foments children to aspire higher learning) only took away from what they needed to get through that day. 3rd grade was the largest struggle and we never felt his or his classmates best interests were taken into account.

My son absolutely looooves this school. He started kindergaten and we were concerned about his adjustment but he had no problems at all, the teachers are awesome and we have great communication. I was concerned with the content and curriculum, but then I realized that not at all since it keeps my son busy and involved. Regretfully we have to move, but I definitely reccommend this school.

THIS SCHOOL IS AMAZING!!! I am a former student and i went to symmes for grades k-5, and i have nothing bad to say about it! all the memories i have from this school are great ones and i will always remember them! :) and for all the people who are saying that there are hairs in their food and that the custodians yell at the kids isn't true! As for education i wish i could have learned more because in the 5th grade you are supposed to learn about american history... and we never did, this also happened to me in 4th grade when we were supposed to learn about science but our teacher only taught us the subjects on the fcat so when i entered middle school i was a little unprepared, but some of the science that we learned in 5th grade kind of helped! So to recap, this school is amazing and so are all of the teachers and staff!!!!!!

I AM REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY KID>>>>The 1st grade teacher she only concentrates on how to get the job done always complains about students and so narrow minded , I am really worried about my kid , if she can not handle students what is the purpose of being a teacher , she is only bothered about her job and raise, and always COMPLAINS ABOUT THE KIDS like today your kid did not do this addition correctly ...this is really .....oh my god ....I think its better to make my kid read at home than send to school, I understand she is an old lady but she should have some patience to teach students......

I know for a fact that the person who posted on April 18th 2012 is a disgruntled former employee who was fired for her incompetence and bad attitude. My youngest just graduated from Symmes and I could not be happier with the education my children received at this school. They address parental concerns quickly and strive to make a well rounded experience in spite of the tight budget

I would never have my kid attend this school. While there might be some good teachers, they dont really care about the kids. In the cafeteria the children keep finding hair in there food and nothing is being done about it. The custodians yell at the kids. Dont send your kid to this school.

My daughter went to Kindergarten through 2nd grade at this school. For 8 of 10, they must be paying someone off. They only teach for the FCAT in this school. Most of the teachers in this school are glorified babysitters and do not go outside the box to teach the children anything extra. I am sorely disappointed and as my fist experience with Florida schools was very displeased. My daughter is in a much better school now and it has improved my outlook on FL schools. The staff here is also very snooty and tends to look down upon the parents as if we were insignificant and unimportant. The only thing they do is try and involve the parents in the PTA - probably just for the money. If your kid goes here, I would suggest taking time out of your day to teach them all the things that this school doesn't, which is everything NOT on the FCAT.

I have a 4th and 5th grader attending this school. Throughout their years of attendance, my children had their struggles, but have eventually overcame them. A new charter school opened nearby. I am contemplating enlisting them there, not because of any negativity with Symmes, but to challenge them more. I am however rethinking this move, because my 5th grader came to me and said that her teacher, Dr. Suma, makes it easy for her to understand complex problems that she have struggled with in her past grades. To find a teacher like this is very rear. It reminds me of my 5th grade teacher. Mmmm...what to do, what to do?

Last modified Symmes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.