Ippolito Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 839 students

Sweep tile

Posted April 7, 2014

My daughter started a week ago. The registration process itself was an unorganized cluster. Staff to buisy to do it properly. No tour, no introduction to teacher, and they gave us the wrong room number and wrong directions to the class room. Good thing I went with my daughter her first day or she never would have found the class room I don't think. We moved from out of state and she does not understand the math. She said not once has a teacher shown her how to do the math. She said she asked for help today repeatedly and for hours the teacher responded "just a minute"... a substitute teacher again. She said the kids throw pencils, act out, swear, and the teachers scream at the top of the lungs frequently. She said the kids have all been nice to her, but despite that, she said she is frustrated because she feels "lost"...said the teachers just hand out papers and don't give instruction and she is begging me to get her out of the school. Will definately be putting in for school choice to try to get her into a much better rated school in which she is not a minority, but for now I am planning a visit tomarrow, and who knows, I may end up pulling her out and doing onlline for now

Posted December 3, 2013

Avoid this school if you can. I have never seen such a disorganized /ghetto /rude /lacking school.

Posted August 12, 2013

We have a new principal, new vice principal, lots of returning staff and lots of new staff. There are great new things that will be happening at this school. Please come to us with any concerns and we will do our best to address your needs. We want the best for our students and are working hard to make this a great place for your children. Keep an eye out many great things in store!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 29, 2013

Hello i have been at this school for 5th grade for 2012-2013 and let me tell you it was awesome! They had awesome field trips (but should have more) and awesome teachers - Mine we're Ms.Holland and Ms.Davis , if you have one then you're in luck! I only had some bullys - 2-3 , but 2 of them were teasing , which i did back cause i'm a kid! But 1 didn't like me but didn't threaten me at all. Maybe the NO-BULLY can improve a little more ! I sure will miss my friend (2 are going to giunta and ''1'' is going to mclane)

Posted July 19, 2012

i had recently got my nephews back in nov 2011 i enrolled them into this schoolwhenthey started at ippolio they were below level for their grade.. by the end of theyear they were both on level and passed to the next grade..Their teachers andthe rest of the ippolito staff did a wonderful job with them.. this school is a excellent school..

Posted March 24, 2012

I moved to Brandon from Chicago Illinois and this school is horrible and a disgrace. They have ghetto students that are not civilized and they are psychopaths . My daughter is in kindergarten and she has been there for five days and iam taking her out of that school Monday morning . Please whatever you parents do .. Don't send your child here if she or he has morals and is civilized .. I rather move back to Chicago then let her stay in this ghetto school

Posted March 13, 2012

This school is awful. Please if you are considering buying a house in this school district stay as far away from Ippolito as possible. Not only has my son suffered academically due to fights , bullying and other distractions taking place daily but we also had an incident recently where they "lost" my child. Yes LOST. He is a car rider and they put him on a bus (and not even the right bus). I never even received an apology or a call back from the vice principal as promised. I detest this school and I can't wait to get my son out of there. The only thing positive I can say is that my son's teacher is great. She obviously has a passion for what she does but due to circumstances at the school even a great teacher can't really make up for how awful this school is.

Posted April 27, 2011

we lived in riverview in 2009. our daughter went to this school, and she hated it. it was a chore every morning to get her up and ready for school. it was even more diffucult to get her to do her home work every night. she gets along with every one, but this one kid always picked on her. we went to the teacher, no results. went to the principle, no results, so i took matters in my own hands and confronted the kid. no problems since then.she spent 1 year there, and we moved that summer , and shes loves her new school. if you can get your child into a diffrent school, please do so.

Posted April 26, 2011

my children have attended this school for 3 weeks now and we moved here from out of state. I will say the area i live in in brandon is beautiful and with the amount of money we pay for rent here you would assume that your children would go to a nice safe school, however this is not the case. My son is in the 4th grade and he came from a great school with no violence and with him going to this school his first day there were 3 fist fights in the classroom, kids texting in the middle of class, the teacher yelling at the kids, and he is the only white kid in class. we are far from racist and i want him to be in a diverse school but this quickly became a problem. the 2nd day of class he began to get picked on. i assumed it was just the new kid thing and it would soon pass. it became almost a daily thing and it got to the point where the kids would sorround him and call him names and shove him. he never had troubles at any other school till here. he repeatedly told the teacher and that didnt solve the problem. the third week i unenrolled him. the only good thing about this school is the office staff. if you want your child to be safe do not send them here.

Posted January 14, 2010

No complaints. Very well organized. My daughter loves it.

Posted October 17, 2009

My daughter attends Ippolito and I think they do a decent job. My biggest concern is that for four consecutives years this school has not been able to improve test results. If the school does not improve, I will be faced with considering other near by and more well rated schools than Ippolitto

Posted September 4, 2009

My son goes to Ippolito Elementary since 2/16/2009 and I am very, very happy with the staff/faculty especially they staff/faculty for 2009-2010. My son's teacher is Mr. Patterson (new teacher)... He is very professional !! Kudos to the staff/faculty at Ippolito Elememetary!!

Posted April 22, 2009

I have personally never had any issues with anything with Ippolito except for the PTA and their fundraiser. Other than that everyone has been great. My daughter has been attending this school for 2 years now and has had 2 very excellent teachers. I am not sure what the previous poster was talking about, but from my experience I have always been informed about everything. I have always attended the parent/teacher conferences. Obviously if you don't attend those, how would you know about what your child is up to unless you specifically ask otherwise?? The only downfall is is that most parents are not involved with the kids, this is why the grading for the school is low. Maybe if they spent more time with their kids and helped them with homework, the grades would be better on the tests to give the results for the school.

Posted March 13, 2009

Lack of leadership/ lack of participation from administration with preventing problems at the school. Kids are not sent home when they should be etc.....

Posted November 25, 2008

My son transferred to this school from an innercity school and I have to say, that I was far more impressed with the school that he came from! My son has faced bullying, picked up terrible habbits, and become a discipline nightmare since enrolling there. The teachers seem to have no autority over the children which is evident when an honor roll child like mine, with no behavioral issues transfers to a school, then begins behaving badly. It's a problem! My child has begun struggling academically, which I feel is directly related to the climate at this school of poor respect and authority between the teachers, students, and parents. I bought a home here and was told this was the school my child had to attend. I should have fought to have him go elsewhere.

Posted November 7, 2008

My daughter was in Mrs. VanCor's class and the involvement she has with the parents as well as the students is incredible. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher for my daughter's first year in elementary school and my first time working with a teacher as a parent. The school rating may not be great but you cannot put the blame on the teachers, you have to also wonder about the parent's involvement in the child's life. Remember, you can lead a horse to water but that doesn't mean you can make it drink...

Posted September 18, 2008

The staff are wonderful, and they worked hard in this school. I loved the Dr. Seuss Days they did, My kids love and excited to go to school on those days. Go... Mrs VanCor for your idea, and the teachers idol, but what about the children too...I think they need to do lot of things like this with the children too such as Talent show, International day for each class represent a country or dance. They also need to have like an appreciation night so parents can be motivated to participate because they see the progress of their child or children around everybody else. They also need to go for field trips to the children who have a good behavior so that way most of them are motivated to be good. This is the only school I have known that don't take children for a field trip....

Posted August 8, 2008

Both my children attend this school for 2 years now after moving from Atlanta. The schools in Atlanta are great, I don't think that this school lives up to that, but, part of it has to do with parents. There is little PTA participation here at all. Yet I am satisfied with the school as I can tell clearly the teachers are rated on their student's FCAT scores. Those teachers are under pressure and it shows. Both my kids had to really work hard and did good on the FCAT. In general, I'm happy. Students come from all social and economic classes - guess what folks, that is the same in the real world they will face when adults.

Posted June 4, 2008

i hated this school.teachers didnt even try to help my 3rd grader instead they just failed her without taken regards to my complaining and constantly at the school wanting information.now it has turn into a ghetto school and i would never send my kids there again they go to apollo beach where i have had 3 honor roll students since they started there.

Posted May 13, 2008

I would say that the appearance of this school is very picturesque with its serene country like setting. I am a concerned parent who has a child that has recently transfered from an out of state school. This school appears to have great staff and be well organized. Unfortunately most of those students who attend this school have a lack of parent involvement and such. The students I feel are all over the map as far as academic growth and limit those who are excelling in the classroom. The teachers are trying their best to meet each childs individual needs, while also teaching the class as a whole in wich holds those back that are progressing much faster. There also has been problems addressed with improper use of language, etc. A new school obviously has it's kinks to work out, and I am sure this one will in the near future...

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

131 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 61% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 83% in 2013.

121 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

130 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 53% in 2013.

127 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

128 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "C".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "C".

Asian 3% 3%

• Ms. Susan Brill
Fax number
  • (813) 672-5184

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now