Posted September 04, 2014
If you care about your child at all DO NOT send him/her to this school. I actually wish this site had an option for negative stars. This school should be ashamed of the staff,atmosphere and lack quality. Its no more than an out of control day care center without direction. My guess is this place is nothing more than a breeding ground for our future criminals at no fault of the kids who attend this place. Run and run fast from this school.

Posted September 04, 2014
My son attended this school for a few months last year. We moved him at the first available opportunity. The staff is not professional or pleasant to deal with. I don't feel like my son was learning anything while he attended and the behavior of a lot of the students is atrocious. My son came home with stories that made me cringe. It was very common to witness faculty screaming at kids. I also had major concerns about the dress code for faculty. There were a great many staff members who did not look at all professional and many more who dressed scantily or provocative. I also heard staff gossiping about kids and parents frequently to other parents and staff. The teacher seemed to put forth zero effort and I frequently received newsletters and permission slips days to weeks after they were due. Progress updates were non existent. There was no organization in the classroom or at pick up and drop off. There was also virtually no school functions like dances, festivals or award ceremonies. My child now attends a different local elementary school and I am 100% happier and so is my son. I would never consider sending me kid here again.

Ippolito Elementary School 4

Posted September 03, 2014
Prior to what you may have heard I too was hesistant about my child attending this school, but there are so many amazing changes taking place there. I feel that with parent and community support any school can turn around. I know that I can take any issue to anyone there and get immediate assistance. Keep up the good work!

Posted June 02, 2014
I totally despised this school. The staff gossip about the parents and children, and also gossip with them about other parents, children. Seem like more of the teachers children goes to school here than the neighborhood children. Breakfast time is extremely loud,chaotic the teachers too scream. The excuse lays on that the whole faculty body is new, Principal came in January, end of school year and NO change. At 7:30 when the bell rings, most of the staff still aren't at their post, school buses over crowed. My child has learned absolutely nothing since coming to this school, if not I noticed a behavioral changes. Whatever you do, DON'T complain to no one, the whole school will know by the next day. This is what they call professionals? It was a true mistake enrolling my child. Instead of making changes they rather be offended and gossip. No wonder that school has a bad reputation.

Posted April 07, 2014
My daughter started a week ago. The registration process itself was an unorganized cluster. Staff to buisy to do it properly. No tour, no introduction to teacher, and they gave us the wrong room number and wrong directions to the class room. Good thing I went with my daughter her first day or she never would have found the class room I don't think. We moved from out of state and she does not understand the math. She said not once has a teacher shown her how to do the math. She said she asked for help today repeatedly and for hours the teacher responded "just a minute"... a substitute teacher again. She said the kids throw pencils, act out, swear, and the teachers scream at the top of the lungs frequently. She said the kids have all been nice to her, but despite that, she said she is frustrated because she feels "lost"...said the teachers just hand out papers and don't give instruction and she is begging me to get her out of the school. Will definately be putting in for school choice to try to get her into a much better rated school in which she is not a minority, but for now I am planning a visit tomarrow, and who knows, I may end up pulling her out and doing onlline for now

Ippolito Elementary School 5

Posted August 12, 2013
We have a new principal, new vice principal, lots of returning staff and lots of new staff. There are great new things that will be happening at this school. Please come to us with any concerns and we will do our best to address your needs. We want the best for our students and are working hard to make this a great place for your children. Keep an eye out many great things in store!

Ippolito Elementary School 4

Posted July 29, 2013
Hello i have been at this school for 5th grade for 2012-2013 and let me tell you it was awesome! They had awesome field trips (but should have more) and awesome teachers - Mine we're Ms.Holland and Ms.Davis , if you have one then you're in luck! I only had some bullys - 2-3 , but 2 of them were teasing , which i did back cause i'm a kid! But 1 didn't like me but didn't threaten me at all. Maybe the NO-BULLY can improve a little more ! I sure will miss my friend (2 are going to giunta and ''1'' is going to mclane)

Ippolito Elementary School 5

Posted July 19, 2012
i had recently got my nephews back in nov 2011 i enrolled them into this schoolwhenthey started at ippolio they were below level for their grade.. by the end of theyear they were both on level and passed to the next grade..Their teachers andthe rest of the ippolito staff did a wonderful job with them.. this school is a excellent school..

Posted March 24, 2012
I moved to Brandon from Chicago Illinois and this school is horrible and a disgrace. They have ghetto students that are not civilized and they are psychopaths . My daughter is in kindergarten and she has been there for five days and iam taking her out of that school Monday morning . Please whatever you parents do .. Don't send your child here if she or he has morals and is civilized .. I rather move back to Chicago then let her stay in this ghetto school

Posted March 13, 2012
This school is awful. Please if you are considering buying a house in this school district stay as far away from Ippolito as possible. Not only has my son suffered academically due to fights , bullying and other distractions taking place daily but we also had an incident recently where they "lost" my child. Yes LOST. He is a car rider and they put him on a bus (and not even the right bus). I never even received an apology or a call back from the vice principal as promised. I detest this school and I can't wait to get my son out of there. The only thing positive I can say is that my son's teacher is great. She obviously has a passion for what she does but due to circumstances at the school even a great teacher can't really make up for how awful this school is.

Ippolito Elementary School
6874 South Falkenburg Road, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Ippolito Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ippolito Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top