Riverview, FL

Posted June 03, 2015
Teachers and other staff (including custodians) act like a huge family. They want whats best for the students and their families as well. The school struggles with getting parent involvement though. The parents that do volunteer or come to events are the ones who are always there.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 21, 2015
Teacher and staff were very supportive,cooperative and approachable. That for helping our child to grow

Posted May 21, 2015
We recently enrolled my daughter and son in IPPOLITO this year. we were doubtful about our choice on looking at school rating and reading reviews but this is definitely one of the best elementary school in region. Teachers and staffs are very helpful, cooperative and friendly from the day of admission. The school has ELL program for the kids with second language at home and that is a gr8 program offered for free. My kids are happy and doing great in IPPOLITO.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 21, 2015
My kids are happy and doing great in IPPOLITO.......................great spirit and thanks for help and support

Develops respect: Agree

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 09, 2015
we just moved from india and My daughter joined this school few months back. we were skeptical about our decision after reading the rewires about this school but took this decision as the transport is provided. BELIEVE ME ITS A GREAT SCHOOL. I think my daughter is BLESSED to have MRS. BORDERS as her teacher. She is very supportive,cooperative and approachable. The school has special resource teacher for the kids with second language at home. My daughter has made many friends too. And we get weekly homework along with Library books to keep my girl busy and ready to learn always. She is very smart girl and curiosity to learn. And the school gives all the opportunity for that. She is doing great in IPPOLITO. I hope she gets such supportive teacher in 3rd grade too.
3 people found this helpful

Ippolito Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2014
If you care about your child at all DO NOT send him/her to this school. I actually wish this site had an option for negative stars. This school should be ashamed of the staff,atmosphere and lack quality. Its no more than an out of control day care center without direction. My guess is this place is nothing more than a breeding ground for our future criminals at no fault of the kids who attend this place. Run and run fast from this school.
2 people found this helpful

Ippolito Elementary School 1

Posted September 04, 2014
My son attended this school for a few months last year. We moved him at the first available opportunity. The staff is not professional or pleasant to deal with. I don't feel like my son was learning anything while he attended and the behavior of a lot of the students is atrocious. My son came home with stories that made me cringe. It was very common to witness faculty screaming at kids. I also had major concerns about the dress code for faculty. There were a great many staff members who did not look at all professional and many more who dressed scantily or provocative. I also heard staff gossiping about kids and parents frequently to other parents and staff. The teacher seemed to put forth zero effort and I frequently received newsletters and permission slips days to weeks after they were due. Progress updates were non existent. There was no organization in the classroom or at pick up and drop off. There was also virtually no school functions like dances, festivals or award ceremonies. My child now attends a different local elementary school and I am 100% happier and so is my son. I would never consider sending me kid here again.

6874 South Falkenburg Road, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Ippolito Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ippolito Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top