774 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Great school down the road from where we live. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for new location.

Our two daughters attended this school for the first time this school year. We had a terrible experience. While there were a few smiling faces and the assistant principal, Ms. Hoze, was more helpful than the rest...it was not enough to salvage the bitter taste this school has left in our mouths. One of our daughter's teachers did not seem like she really cared about her students' progress, she seemed more of a distraction just there to occupy their time until dismissal, definitely not a teacher. We also feel as though she lied to us several times to save herself from trouble. We asked about our daughter's reading progress during the first nine weeks, to which she said she was progressing along nicely. However, when we received her report card, she received Below Level, Unsatisfactory. We requested an evaluation for specific learning disability which they denied us - that is against federal regulation under IDEA. Anytime we needed help and wanted to be proactive in our children's education, we were discouraged. Towards the end of the year, we decided we needed to speak to the principal as we were going nowhere, to our dismay, Ms. Bennett denied us any help of any sorts. This school is a disappointment and lives up to all the terrible stereotypes that Florida schools have.

We have had children in Ippolito for 4 years now and have been very pleased. The teachers all went out of their way to make sure my child was succeeding in every way possible, especially when he was struggling and took personal time to think about my child! I have been very pleased.

My children attended this school. We were very happy with teachers and staff. It felt like family! They help us during the hardships within our family. I trust them with my most prized jewels.

Teachers and other staff (including custodians) act like a huge family. They want whats best for the students and their families as well. The school struggles with getting parent involvement though. The parents that do volunteer or come to events are the ones who are always there.

Develops character: Agree

Teacher and staff were very supportive,cooperative and approachable. That for helping our child to grow

We recently enrolled my daughter and son in IPPOLITO this year. we were doubtful about our choice on looking at school rating and reading reviews but this is definitely one of the best elementary school in region. Teachers and staffs are very helpful, cooperative and friendly from the day of admission. The school has ELL program for the kids with second language at home and that is a gr8 program offered for free. My kids are happy and doing great in IPPOLITO.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

My kids are happy and doing great in IPPOLITO.......................great spirit and thanks for help and support

Amount of homework: Agree

we just moved from india and My daughter joined this school few months back. we were skeptical about our decision after reading the rewires about this school but took this decision as the transport is provided. BELIEVE ME ITS A GREAT SCHOOL. I think my daughter is BLESSED to have MRS. BORDERS as her teacher. She is very supportive,cooperative and approachable. The school has special resource teacher for the kids with second language at home. My daughter has made many friends too. And we get weekly homework along with Library books to keep my girl busy and ready to learn always. She is very smart girl and curiosity to learn. And the school gives all the opportunity for that. She is doing great in IPPOLITO. I hope she gets such supportive teacher in 3rd grade too.

Last modified Ippolito Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.