Center Academy-Riverview 1

Posted January 16, 2015
We sent our son here for fourth grade when his ADHD and anxiety disorders made a traditional public school too difficult for him. Everything was fine until he began exhibiting aggressive behavior in fifth grade. The school recommended a counselor and we entered into a contract that stated that as long as we continued to work with the counselor, they would continue to work with our son. During this time he was bullied by other students, and the school only punished our son when he reacted to the bully. After a refund date passed, he had an outburst in class and they expelled him. We were never told that there was a possibility of expulsion, and hadn't considered it, since we were still operating under the behavioral contract. Needless to say, we were completely unprepared for this and were left scrambling to find a new school for him. To add insult to injury, the school charged us (and has hired a collection agency) for a full year of tuition, despite his only attending the first quarter (which was paid in full), and added $2,000 for collection fees and interest, and will not release his school records.
2 people found this helpful

Center Academy-Riverview 4

Posted August 25, 2014
Great teachers, curriculum,and school . If you have an hour an a half to pick up your kid, this is the school for you. Horrible who work in car lines. Why not get busses? Who came up with that idea? What about the ones that does not need to drive to the school? We don't park on the business. Any better ideas?

Posted August 14, 2014
My daughter for the first time actually enjoys going to school everyday. The attention and understanding given by the teachers empowered her in her learning. The principal made sure to know all the students, and when we meet with her was well informed and full of helpful ideas to help her. My daughters grades excelled, her education self worth as well. There is a great community feeling amongst the students. We will continue to send her all the way through 12th grade graduation.

Posted April 09, 2014
They are best for my child. I love to people who work communicate.Teachers are best Mrs.Cooper exceptional.

Posted May 11, 2012
What an incredible experience my son had at Center Academy in Riverview. He has Aspergers Syndrome and we were so afraid for his survival in a regular junior/senior high school. My husband came across info on this school and we were lucky enough to qualify for the Mackay Scholarship. With that in mind and the student to teacher ratio, we decide to try enrolling him and we're so happy we did. Our son has been there for five years and has really excelled both in academics and in his self-confidence due to the nurturing environment and the ability to proceed at his own pace. He are excited to say he will graduate this month. Thank you Mr. Stone and all your wonderful staff!

Posted April 11, 2011
Since attending Center Academy, my son's self-esteem has improved significantly. He is confident about his school work and I hear him talking about so many things he is learning. And since FCAT isn't his focus, he is able to stay on a topic that he might not fully understand the first time it is presented. Being able to work at his own pace takes some of the pressure off. He is so proud when he conquers something and moves up to the next level! And where do I begin to describe the change in our home life since we are not fighting about homework for hours? The staff at Center Academy is priceless. While still authority figures for my son, they seem like extended family to us. Their kindness, compassion and concern for the students is perfectly balanced with their knowledge and proficiency as educators. As Director of Center Academy, Mr. Stone takes an active role in ensuring that each child believes the best about themselves and makes them work hard to reach their best! He not only teaches moral values, he lives them. His leadership is strong and firm, and the students respect him. His open-door policy to both students and parents helps bridge the gap in learning.

Posted April 06, 2011
My son did not do well in the public school - Too many students to get the individual attention he needed, and he did not do well at the charter school-Pepin Elementary-too many distractions from profoundly handicapped children. He he has really come out of his shell and has come up tow and maybe three grade levels. He has only been there for 1 academic year but I can really see an improvement in his communication skills and in his reading skills. IU am very please with the progress that he has made and look forward to even more progress in the future. I am grad I fond Center Academy for him.

Center Academy-Riverview 1

Posted May 10, 2010
My grandson went to Center Academy for 3 years. He turned 18 during the summer and could not enter regular high school for his remaining 2 years of school. He went and took the TABE test to go to GED classes and was told he had a 5th grade education! He was supposed to have a 10th grade education according to C.A.! Think about that!!!!!
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 28, 2010
The shool is great but the the staff here is the best ever my dauther has been there for the last few years of her high school and i will be the first to say Thanks to Mr.Stone for all he has done for her. I wish i would have found the school sooner for her they care about your kids like they are their own here. I have nothing but good to say BUT THANKS CENTER ACADEMY ! Brenda Owen

Posted April 18, 2008

Center Academy-Riverview
10518 Riverview Dr, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Center Academy-Riverview is a Private school that serves grades 4-12
Center Academy-Riverview Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top