Posted February 23, 2015
Individualized learning plans, customized curriculum challenges your child s needs, excellent communication from school administration and teachers Our son has ADHD and the one-size-fits-all learning and testing in public school was frustrating. Our son was falling through the cracks because there were too many kids needing assistance for them to address our son s learning needs. We enrolled in Center Academy during his 5th grade year. At Center Academy, we loved the individualized learning, multiple teachers in the classroom, limited-distraction environment, and caring and helpful staff. His first year, his reading improved two (2) grade levels; we were amazed! Our son is a senior this year and he has enjoyed every year at Center Academy. He was very involved with the sports programs and the volunteer opportunities in the community. He is currently dual enrolled at Hillsborough Community College and plans to transfer to college full-time after graduation. Center Academy is responsible for changing our son s attitude about school, proving to him that he can succeed, showing him strategies to deal with his ADHD, and making him feel confident (and normal ) again.

Posted February 23, 2015
My son Patrick has been attending center academy for 6 years now. My son was left back a grade in public school and had a reading level of 2nd grader in the fifth grade. He also had many issuses stemming from his diagnoises of ADHD and was not receiving the help he needed to succed. My son is now in the 10th grade at Center Academy and I just received his progress report all As and Bs. on and above grade level. My son will graduate next year when he was suppose to and plans to attend college and become a firefighter. I know this would not have been possible had he not been at Center academy with his behavoir issuses due to his low self esteem. he would of dropped out or been kicked out by now had he not had the help of the experienced, knowlegdable, wonderful, kind, considerate and very capable staff at Center Academy. My family is so grateful we have a young man that is smart, kind, confident, caring wants to help others and his community. We could not have had a better blessing in our lives.

Posted February 02, 2015
Great school, great teachers, great admin. My son (5th grade) has gone from crying every day and begging me not to make him go to school, to getting himself up, dressed and ready to go looking forward to his day. He talks about what he is learning, his friends, and his teachers. Center Academy offers the perfect learning environment with a small student to teacher ratio. The teachers take the time to know the student as an individual, focusing on the student's needs, academically, functionally, and socially. My son has never been happier or more engaged in his learning. I love the transformation.

Center Academy-Riverview 1

Posted January 16, 2015
We sent our son here for fourth grade when his ADHD and anxiety disorders made a traditional public school too difficult for him. Everything was fine until he began exhibiting aggressive behavior in fifth grade. The school recommended a counselor and we entered into a contract that stated that as long as we continued to work with the counselor, they would continue to work with our son. During this time he was bullied by other students, and the school only punished our son when he reacted to the bully. After a refund date passed, he had an outburst in class and they expelled him. We were never told that there was a possibility of expulsion, and hadn't considered it, since we were still operating under the behavioral contract. Needless to say, we were completely unprepared for this and were left scrambling to find a new school for him. To add insult to injury, the school charged us (and has hired a collection agency) for a full year of tuition, despite his only attending the first quarter (which was paid in full), and added $2,000 for collection fees and interest, and will not release his school records.
2 people found this helpful

Center Academy-Riverview 4

Posted August 25, 2014
Great teachers, curriculum,and school . If you have an hour an a half to pick up your kid, this is the school for you. Horrible who work in car lines. Why not get busses? Who came up with that idea? What about the ones that does not need to drive to the school? We don't park on the business. Any better ideas?

Posted August 14, 2014
My daughter for the first time actually enjoys going to school everyday. The attention and understanding given by the teachers empowered her in her learning. The principal made sure to know all the students, and when we meet with her was well informed and full of helpful ideas to help her. My daughters grades excelled, her education self worth as well. There is a great community feeling amongst the students. We will continue to send her all the way through 12th grade graduation.

Posted April 09, 2014
They are best for my child. I love to people who work communicate.Teachers are best Mrs.Cooper exceptional.

Posted May 11, 2012
What an incredible experience my son had at Center Academy in Riverview. He has Aspergers Syndrome and we were so afraid for his survival in a regular junior/senior high school. My husband came across info on this school and we were lucky enough to qualify for the Mackay Scholarship. With that in mind and the student to teacher ratio, we decide to try enrolling him and we're so happy we did. Our son has been there for five years and has really excelled both in academics and in his self-confidence due to the nurturing environment and the ability to proceed at his own pace. He are excited to say he will graduate this month. Thank you Mr. Stone and all your wonderful staff!

Posted April 11, 2011
Since attending Center Academy, my son's self-esteem has improved significantly. He is confident about his school work and I hear him talking about so many things he is learning. And since FCAT isn't his focus, he is able to stay on a topic that he might not fully understand the first time it is presented. Being able to work at his own pace takes some of the pressure off. He is so proud when he conquers something and moves up to the next level! And where do I begin to describe the change in our home life since we are not fighting about homework for hours? The staff at Center Academy is priceless. While still authority figures for my son, they seem like extended family to us. Their kindness, compassion and concern for the students is perfectly balanced with their knowledge and proficiency as educators. As Director of Center Academy, Mr. Stone takes an active role in ensuring that each child believes the best about themselves and makes them work hard to reach their best! He not only teaches moral values, he lives them. His leadership is strong and firm, and the students respect him. His open-door policy to both students and parents helps bridge the gap in learning.

Posted April 06, 2011
My son did not do well in the public school - Too many students to get the individual attention he needed, and he did not do well at the charter school-Pepin Elementary-too many distractions from profoundly handicapped children. He he has really come out of his shell and has come up tow and maybe three grade levels. He has only been there for 1 academic year but I can really see an improvement in his communication skills and in his reading skills. IU am very please with the progress that he has made and look forward to even more progress in the future. I am grad I fond Center Academy for him.

Center Academy-Riverview
10518 Riverview Dr, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Center Academy-Riverview is a Private school that serves grades 4-12
Center Academy-Riverview Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top