Sessums Elementary School 1

Posted August 18, 2014
I honestly have not had anything good to say about this school! I am a military wife and a parent of 3 older children. So I am not new at this. This school sucks when it comes to parent consideration. Meet the teacher was on Friday for 1 hour during 2pm to 3pm. Not accommodating for working parents. Last year tons of issues. Like my son showing up bruised down his face at day care and no not of what happened. Limited number of parents aloud to go on field trip for kindergarten (I was told I could not go because they had to many parents. Problem with that is my first child was lost during a field trip. I feel that kindergarten are to young to go with out parent) This school comes off as uncaring and annoyed if a mom wants to be involved.

Posted February 26, 2014
I love this school. My two older children went here and my youngest one goes here too. We have had nothing but great experiences. My children have all been on the honor roll or principals honor roll as well so the curriculum is challenging but the teachers make learning fun. I also think the staff is amazing with the kids. Those kids are well cared for and truly loved by the staff. I would recommend this school to anybody who asked.

Sessums Elementary School 3

Posted February 03, 2014
This school is average. The school is not welcoming of parents. One parent volunteer for activities and I was told that I could not accompany my young child to breakfast. The curriculum is boring and uninspiring. Tons of worksheets and teaching to tests. We are looking into magnet and charter school options for next year.

Posted November 02, 2013
Great school, great teachers. They are wonderful with my child that has autism :) Actually went to Winthrope and pulled him out to go to sessums because it was that much better.

Sessums Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2013
SESSUMS- I have a 1st grader w/ADHD, and I have struggled trying to manage his difficulties without meds.This yr I put him on it,so his self esteem wouldnt be affected &he could focus.(He was A&B student without meds, but very impulsive and you had to tell him 4 times to do a task because he's gets distracted.) I made his teachers aware on 1st day of school and at great length.Since then, he's been made a spectacle of in front of his class when he's "not paying attention",made to eat lunch alone for a week because "he isn't eating his lunch", and I get called at work because " he wasn't focused for a 4 hour SAT test, and wasn't paying attention to the question being read to the class." WELL, lack of appetite is a side effect from his medication, so if he said he's not hungry, rather than punish him in front of his entire class, why not offer him a substitution like PB&J? She also talked about him w/teacher in the class next door, in a negative manner, in front of my son. I am hurt. My 6 y/o now comes home saying "it's ok mom,I am bad in her class,cuz she has to tell me to do stuff more than once,so I guess she's telling the truth." WHY WOULD A TEACHER LOWER A 6 Y/O SELF ESTEEM??

Posted December 28, 2012
I attended this school K-5 and I had no complaints with any of my teachers.They were the foundation to my great grades even here in middle school.There were tons of activities throughout the year and if you had any problems,the guidance counselor or teacher was there for you.Right from kindergarten they teach you to respect one another and the guidance counselor always talks to classes each month with different themes.The school is kept clean and very green unlike my current school.

Sessums Elementary School 2

Posted February 27, 2012
My son is in kindergarden at Sessums and I am starting to become very displeased with his teacher. I admit he sometimes has trouble focusing but his teacher sends him home with 6 or more things that he hadn't completed during the school day. I find that to be unacceptable. She should put a little more focus on him and make sure he is completing his assignments. I agree it is my responsibility to help him with his hw which I do every day but it is her responsibility to teach him and make sure he is keeping up with the class. I don't even receive notes telling me if he is falling behind or not. Only "turn in ASAP" on a sticky note attached to a bunch of assignments. She also forgets to send the assignments on friday and sends them monday expecting them back the next day. Having to do all that work in one night is frustrating to my son as I'm sure it would be for any child in kindergarden. I am hoping that things improve soon and that I am not going to have to spend the whole summer getting him caught up.

Sessums Elementary School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
I agree...my son too is in the 4th grade. He is having difficulty with math and reading, but ALL this school worries about is FCAT! He is being bullied too.

Posted September 23, 2009
My son attended Sessums for 3-5th grade. The teachers are wonderful. They are very involved in their students and their studies. The principal was wonderful and seemed to be very involved and supportive of her staff unlike the previous elementary school he attended.

Sessums Elementary School 0

Posted September 01, 2009
It's unfortunate with a site like this because so often people only come to share the things they are displeased with. I have had my children in Sessums since it opened and I have only had pleasant experiences. The teachers work hard and and PTA provides loads of fun activities for the kids. This school was a godsend to my son when my husband and I divorced and his teachers were more than willing to accomodate the split schedules and double the conferences. This school is a rare jewel.

Sessums Elementary School
11525 Ramble Creek Drive, Riverview, FL  33569
Last modified Sessums Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sessums Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top