Riverview, FL

Posted April 16, 2015
If I could give this school a negative rating I would. There are a handful of excellent teachers here but the administration is horrible. I have had 2 children attend Giunta and keep giving them a pass for all the terrible things that happen. Luckily my kids are/were in advanced classes so they managed to learn a few things. The school has a uniform policy that is not enforced. I drop my child off and I am shocked at what the kids are wearing. Fights break out all the time. Kids have been caught under the stairs doing things kids shouldn't do. The school has been on lock down so many times that when I get the call about it I am no longer surprised. In fact it has become a tradition at our dinner table to talk about what happened at Giunta today, and its rarely good news. PE teachers take no responsibility monitoring the locker rooms and often fall asleep in class. Emails to administration aren't answered......need I go on? My advice to anyone thinking about sending their child to this school is, DON"T.

Posted April 16, 2015
I was once a student here and I absolutely hated it! I was bullied there to the point where I was breaking down in the morning before school saying I didnt want to go to school and before I went to bed I'd start crying again. I switched schools & this school made me never want to go back to a public school & I NEVER will. So, thank you Giunta.

Posted December 02, 2012
You are not alone. My child has has a substitute teachers in 3 of her 6 classes for the whole year so far. it is a mess. and you do not seem to have a choice.

Posted August 07, 2012
I recommend every parent to send there child to giunta because it's diverse and the teacher's do care about your child education,it's the kids choice if they want to be anything or even be successful if you hangout with the kids that get in trouble you will be face with the consequince you are the company you keep,i should know because i use to go to giunta half of 7th and 8th grade year 2009-2010 the best year at gms lol, but anyways at this age you should know right from wrong i'm lucky that i was well known only got in one fight but i'm still cool with the dude today but overall if you stay out of drama middle school will be great at any school i wish i could back to middle school.

Giunta Middle School 2

Posted February 24, 2011
Apparently, this school is known for it's issues with bullying. Also, I was told by another faculty member from Riverview high that they always receive poorly written up IEPs for incoming students. As a parent, I was not impressed with this school at all. I was even told that my son no longer needed speech & languages services. His high school was appalled. Schools today are failing miserably as it is. My son's reading level actually DROPPED.

Giunta Middle School 2

Posted January 23, 2011
i will say this is the worst school I've ever been to, but all my teachers this year are fantastic.! their fun and strict, and we always finish our work . yea, there fights but the quality of the school has been improving this year. if your kid says someone else got them into a fight, or got them a referal, they were hangin out with the wrong people, who stand out like sore thumbs, so u can easily avoid them. trust me, ive done iit for 2 years now.:)

Posted January 06, 2011
All that yall be doing for what ? Giunta is a great school . But don't come but here and thin kyou all that ... that how stuff happens . And fights what school doesnt have fight ! people make it seem like you walk in and you get CUSSED OUT AND JUMPED ! no not at all i lovee Giunta and i wouldnt trade it for nothingg ! YOU AINT DOING NOTHING IF YOU DONT GOT THEM HATINGGG

Giunta Middle School 0

Posted April 08, 2010
I am not happy with Guinta. Teachers pick on certain students for no reason. I know my son is one of them. You can never get ahold of the principal and messages are not returned. Rules are not enforced. (Just look at all the boys with their pants down below their butt showing off their boxers. Seriously! What happened to the rule of having a belt?

Posted March 15, 2010

Posted March 07, 2010
There is nothing wrong with the school so wat if there are fights fights happen at every school you go to I am in 6 grade. That is way I think

Giunta Middle School
4202 South Falkenburg Road, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Giunta Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Giunta Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top