951 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Posted May 08, 2015
the worst school ever that i put my son in and cant wait till its over to change him always fights or a kid came to school with a weapon or its on locked down always something

Posted April 23, 2015
My son goes to guinta and I hate it he failed the 6th grade forced the step program on us even though he failed 6th they put him into 8th makes no sense he tells me about drugs being fine in the bathrooms he has witnessed drugs deals and the about of fights her gets into cuz he gets bullied is ridiculous I feel they are failing him and are just pushing him through

Posted April 16, 2015
If I could give this school a negative rating I would. There are a handful of excellent teachers here but the administration is horrible. I have had 2 children attend Giunta and keep giving them a pass for all the terrible things that happen. Luckily my kids are/were in advanced classes so they managed to learn a few things. The school has a uniform policy that is not enforced. I drop my child off and I am shocked at what the kids are wearing. Fights break out all the time. Kids have been caught under the stairs doing things kids shouldn't do. The school has been on lock down so many times that when I get the call about it I am no longer surprised. In fact it has become a tradition at our dinner table to talk about what happened at Giunta today, and its rarely good news. PE teachers take no responsibility monitoring the locker rooms and often fall asleep in class. Emails to administration aren't answered......need I go on? My advice to anyone thinking about sending their child to this school is, DON"T.

Posted April 16, 2015
I was once a student here and I absolutely hated it! I was bullied there to the point where I was breaking down in the morning before school saying I didnt want to go to school and before I went to bed I'd start crying again. I switched schools & this school made me never want to go back to a public school & I NEVER will. So, thank you Giunta.

Giunta Middle School 4

Posted June 07, 2013
Giunta is a great school it has a lot of bad seeds but what school doesn't.With the new principle Mr.Bobo a lot of them are gone...im and 8th graded well there is a lot of drama but just steer free of it and have a group of friends that you stick with stay out of the drama and all the fights and you will ok....I Am a Giunta GIANT

Posted December 02, 2012
You are not alone. My child has has a substitute teachers in 3 of her 6 classes for the whole year so far. it is a mess. and you do not seem to have a choice.

Giunta Middle School 5

Posted August 07, 2012
I recommend every parent to send there child to giunta because it's diverse and the teacher's do care about your child education,it's the kids choice if they want to be anything or even be successful if you hangout with the kids that get in trouble you will be face with the consequince you are the company you keep,i should know because i use to go to giunta half of 7th and 8th grade year 2009-2010 the best year at gms lol, but anyways at this age you should know right from wrong i'm lucky that i was well known only got in one fight but i'm still cool with the dude today but overall if you stay out of drama middle school will be great at any school i wish i could back to middle school.

Giunta Middle School 2

Posted February 24, 2011
Apparently, this school is known for it's issues with bullying. Also, I was told by another faculty member from Riverview high that they always receive poorly written up IEPs for incoming students. As a parent, I was not impressed with this school at all. I was even told that my son no longer needed speech & languages services. His high school was appalled. Schools today are failing miserably as it is. My son's reading level actually DROPPED.

Giunta Middle School 2

Posted January 23, 2011
i will say this is the worst school I've ever been to, but all my teachers this year are fantastic.! their fun and strict, and we always finish our work . yea, there fights but the quality of the school has been improving this year. if your kid says someone else got them into a fight, or got them a referal, they were hangin out with the wrong people, who stand out like sore thumbs, so u can easily avoid them. trust me, ive done iit for 2 years now.:)

Giunta Middle School 5

Posted January 06, 2011
All that yall be doing for what ? Giunta is a great school . But don't come but here and thin kyou all that ... that how stuff happens . And fights what school doesnt have fight ! people make it seem like you walk in and you get CUSSED OUT AND JUMPED ! no not at all i lovee Giunta and i wouldnt trade it for nothingg ! YOU AINT DOING NOTHING IF YOU DONT GOT THEM HATINGGG

Giunta Middle School
4202 South Falkenburg Road, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Giunta Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Giunta Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top