Public charter
Riverview, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 22, 2014
I can seriously tell the difference between public and charter schools. My son is now in the 9th grade in a public high school and the teachers have excuses for everything and on top of that, he got jumped by a kid in class and when he defended himself, he got in trouble. Thank you to the entire KCC family for equipping my son for educational success! Are you a perfect school? No, but you are one of the schools who really care about its students! KCC High Charter School????

Posted December 21, 2014
This is a school of smoke and mirrors. They treat teachers horribly as if they are the problem and not the kids who cause issues at the school. It is not conducive to the learning of the children when those who are trouble makers are not punished for their actions. Teachers are let go because the school doesn't want to upset the parents of the troublesome kids. They also ask teacher to change their grades when they are not what the school wants them to be. Administration lies to the children tell them their teachers quit when in reality they were actually fired. This school is a business through and through. They only care about making the "customers" happy and making themselves look good. If you want your children to have the same teacher throughout the year, this isn't the school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted October 21, 2014
I began working at Kids Community College after being in the public school sector for 5 years. I have been so impressed by the whole experience, I wish I had come sooner. The individual attention the students receive, the collaboration between teachers, the communication and parent involvement, and the way everyone on campus genuinely looks and acts like they love what they do has been so motivating to me. Everyone here puts the needs of the students first, and it shows. The students seem more like a family than a student body. The academics here are outstanding, as is proven by our results. I can't say enough about this school, and I am able to see the same thing on all of the campuses.

Kids Community College 3

Posted October 20, 2014
My son did well although they continued to forget him at the Honors Award Ceremony but gave him his certificate later in class. My daughter (4th grader) suffered from student bullying. She got a Guidance Counselor involved. It was found that the teacher was bullying her in class and her favorite students took on the same role. My daughter has always been a well behaved and academically successful student so the bullying by teachers and students came as a real surprise. Both have been moved to private schools where they are doing very well and really enjoy school again. Would I recommend this school it really depends on what other options you may have. All schools have their share of problems and this one is no exception. It is better than many of the public schools in the Tampa area but there is still room for positive growth.

Posted August 14, 2014
Education is the door to success! As a fourth generation child of educators, I know how crucial it is to be educated and knowledgeable of how things work. Kid's Community College offers a dynamic environment to teach within. My experience has been very professional and motivating. I have taught throughout the county and I have never been at an educational facility that provides such outstanding motivation, support, and collaborative team building on a consistent basis. Kid's Community College fosters a love of learning and teaching by setting high standards and expectations for all networks of support which includes community, students, faculty, staff and family. In my few years with the school, I have been sent to stellar trainings, several co-teacher reflections, and various opportunities for growth. The best thing about teaching at Kid's Community College is the dedication that is provided to every student everyday. l arrive and depart to my career with a high sense of pride and anticipation for my day. We're highly trained to reach and teach our children of today in order to produce our leaders of tomorrow. Whether it's training heads or helping hands "Let's Go Cougars"!!

Posted August 14, 2014
KCC is a wonderful school to work at! The parents are very involved and are willing to work with you to create the best education for their children. Every teacher makes an effort to connect with each student. Teachers show empathy and will go above and beyond to meet the needs of every child. Each year, the teachers at KCC attend a variety of trainings to ensure success in the classroom. We receive training on every type of school, district, and state assessment we give to our children. We also have trainings to help expand our knowledge in all aspects of teaching. Teachers at KCC have the opportunity to attend workshops to learn new ways of delivering concepts that will help reach every child. KCC is a great school and we will continue to help every child reach their maximum potential.

Posted August 12, 2014
The school is poorly ran and they do not provide assistance to help teachers become better educators. Teachers are not heard from and are terminated frequently. My son had three fifth grade teachers and this is a common thing.

Posted June 19, 2014
This has been an incredible year for my family at KCC Elementary! My son is looking forward to going to the Middle School next year. No school environment is perfect, but this one comes close and tries hard to be supportive and engaging. They do have requirements of all families to be involved and take ownership in their children's education and enforce their volunteer hour requirements etc. Love the small class sizes and overall small school size. Academically one of the best we've found with committed and caring professors and always soliciting parental input and involvement.

Posted June 09, 2014
Never hear anything positive to say. There is not any mentoring and school lacks good communication.

Kids Community College 4

Posted June 02, 2014
My son has gone to this school for 2 years. He has made great friends. Any conflicts have been dealt with quickly and appropriately by administration. They offer a wide variaty of elective classes. My only issue is that they are constantly asking for money and donations. Ultimately KCC is owned by a for profit company and it is a business. However we have been very happy, so it's been worth the annoying plugs for donations.

Kids Community College
10030 Mathog Road, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Kids Community College is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kids Community College Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 158 reviews. Top