348 students|Hillsborough

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My children have attend KCC since kindergarten. This school continues to stand apart from others in the area based on my experience with my older son (who never got the chance to attend KCC) and the experiences of others I know. The work is challenging and the school insists that families are involved and have a say. The school is A rated by the State year after year, along with many other awards they've received and I feel it's well earned. I'm glad there will now be a high school offering. Small campuses, small class sizes, amazing professors and leadership!

Continues to be a terrible school. Do not send your child here. Terrible administration. Notice the high turnover?!

People will complain regardless, you can't please everyone. My son spent the entire year in VPK at KCC and I'm extremely pleased with his development in comparison to my other co-workers and friends whom kids are the same age at neighboring schools and you can observe the difference. I'm so excited for his upcoming year starting Kindergarten, my neighbors kids are attending there as well grades 2nd and 5th and they share the same perception as myself which excites me more. Keep up the great work, KCC rocks! -A. Ford Sr.

I am a grand parent. I looked at the school yesterday passing by and I loved what I saw. I would like to know when can I come over to checked it out I have my grand daughter coming and my son wants me to look at it and what is need. She is just 4 years old in 3/21/2015 and she qualify for VPK. Can you email me the cost for her? Thank you for your attention. Vilma Spanger

If you want your child to look good on paper or always have good grades, I would send them to Kids Community College. Grades are changed and the class average cannot fall below a 70%. One administrator says to give the students a zero for not doing any work, then another says to change the grades in order to keep students and their parents happy. I want my child challenged and held accountable for their work and actions. KCC is a business and they keep the customers happy no matter what! Customers are always right or so we are led to believe. There is a large turnover of teachers which leads to inconsistancy in instruction!! There is little room for creativity and imagination. We want our students engaged and learning. Students are given packets of work and everything is done by the book. I consider it somewhat mindless work. Anyone can fill in the blanks! Students need to learn to think for themselves and to find answers to their questions. They have to do the work instead of answers being handed to then. If you want a school that caters to parents and student demands, then KCC is the school for you. If you don't like something, it can be changed.

I can seriously tell the difference between public and charter schools. My son is now in the 9th grade in a public high school and the teachers have excuses for everything and on top of that, he got jumped by a kid in class and when he defended himself, he got in trouble. Thank you to the entire KCC family for equipping my son for educational success! Are you a perfect school? No, but you are one of the schools who really care about its students! KCC High Charter School????

This is a school of smoke and mirrors. They treat teachers horribly as if they are the problem and not the kids who cause issues at the school. It is not conducive to the learning of the children when those who are trouble makers are not punished for their actions. Teachers are let go because the school doesn't want to upset the parents of the troublesome kids. They also ask teacher to change their grades when they are not what the school wants them to be. Administration lies to the children tell them their teachers quit when in reality they were actually fired. This school is a business through and through. They only care about making the "customers" happy and making themselves look good. If you want your children to have the same teacher throughout the year, this isn't the school.

I began working at Kids Community College after being in the public school sector for 5 years. I have been so impressed by the whole experience, I wish I had come sooner. The individual attention the students receive, the collaboration between teachers, the communication and parent involvement, and the way everyone on campus genuinely looks and acts like they love what they do has been so motivating to me. Everyone here puts the needs of the students first, and it shows. The students seem more like a family than a student body. The academics here are outstanding, as is proven by our results. I can't say enough about this school, and I am able to see the same thing on all of the campuses.

My son did well although they continued to forget him at the Honors Award Ceremony but gave him his certificate later in class. My daughter (4th grader) suffered from student bullying. She got a Guidance Counselor involved. It was found that the teacher was bullying her in class and her favorite students took on the same role. My daughter has always been a well behaved and academically successful student so the bullying by teachers and students came as a real surprise. Both have been moved to private schools where they are doing very well and really enjoy school again. Would I recommend this school it really depends on what other options you may have. All schools have their share of problems and this one is no exception. It is better than many of the public schools in the Tampa area but there is still room for positive growth.

Education is the door to success! As a fourth generation child of educators, I know how crucial it is to be educated and knowledgeable of how things work. Kid's Community College offers a dynamic environment to teach within. My experience has been very professional and motivating. I have taught throughout the county and I have never been at an educational facility that provides such outstanding motivation, support, and collaborative team building on a consistent basis. Kid's Community College fosters a love of learning and teaching by setting high standards and expectations for all networks of support which includes community, students, faculty, staff and family. In my few years with the school, I have been sent to stellar trainings, several co-teacher reflections, and various opportunities for growth. The best thing about teaching at Kid's Community College is the dedication that is provided to every student everyday. l arrive and depart to my career with a high sense of pride and anticipation for my day. We're highly trained to reach and teach our children of today in order to produce our leaders of tomorrow. Whether it's training heads or helping hands "Let's Go Cougars"!!

Last modified Kids Community College is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.