Riverview, FL
Students enrolled: 1,354

Posted August 16, 2015
My step son went here... The staff is amazing! Job well done ... I would recommend this school ...

Spoto High School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 16, 2015
This school has done so much changing ... Its amazing.. Job well done Spoto !

Posted August 16, 2015
My son goes to USF ! Thanks to the staff at spoto.. Kisses Job well done!

Spoto High School 4

Posted September 26, 2014
The school is small yes comparing to transferring from Tampa Bay Tech. The teachers & adminstration actually care and are involved and hands on. Everyone knows everyone. Yes there is a bad crowd but its up to the child to distant themselves from negativity. Those who are freshmens have to learn to adjust to being in a more mature world & become less depenent on the parent to help get things done. As long as you focus on the grades and get involved with knowing other classmates that you dont know or join a club like TBK(To Be Kind), sport or etc. You will be okay . I have been to three different highschools. And Spoto is the only one who has made me fill comfortable to be at as a student academic and social wise.

Spoto High School 3

Posted September 13, 2014
I go here class of 2015! the school is fine. yes there are fights periodically just like other schools. a lot of bad reviws from the parents are because those parents are over protective and are babying there children. we have great organizations like TBK (to be kind) SGA, reading club, and tons of sports. we always welcome new kids because since its a small school everybody knows everybody. I'm not going to beat around the bush there is a "bad crowd" so to speak. but everyone sticks up for everyone. the school is find and we are not huge. teachers come and go because thanks to the school they get great offers for higher positions. we welcome all and don't be afraid to come to the school because some parents are afraid of their kid seeing the truth of the world.

Posted September 04, 2014
Spoto high school is one of the schools I would want to recommend to someone else.

Posted July 29, 2014
wat up i go to spoto im on the football team im da only and best asian on da team but uhh the school its straight i had alot of fun coming here when i thought i wouldnt like it coming from east bay but is cool i dont understand why all these people are complaining i mean i had fun and dont think im some delinquent i have a 3.6 gpa as of right now going into sophmore year so yea my review is legit and dont judge a school because of the area i mean its fun and i didnt worry and if your great at sports get on football coach cap would be glad to have newcomers have fun

Spoto High School 3

Posted November 13, 2013
My son attended Spoto from 9th - until graduation. There is a bad element at this school, just like every other high school in the county. If your student is involved in extracurricular activities and wants to learn, he/she wont have an issue. The Principal has this school under control and the teachers are very good. The comments about this school being in a "poorer area" are semi-correct. The school is located near Progress Village, but there are students of all socio-economic backgrounds attending this school. From Lake St. Charles, Bloomingdale Hills to Progress Village.

Posted August 10, 2013
This school has its fights yes, but so does every other school in a poorer area. The teachers are amazing and caring and the programs offered are FREAKING AMAZING! The stuff you get to do here as a student is so liberating and challenging that none of the fights and fires matter. Its high school. Come on now. Get involved in the fashion program, band, ROTC, SGA or Theatre. You'll see what the hype is about!

Posted June 14, 2013
Spoto High School is an amazing school. Most of the students have positive attitudes and come to school everyday ready to learn. Our principal, Mr. Carr does an excellent job to make sure we are safe and that we are learning what we need to learn. In addition, academically this school is strong. The teachers here are awesome and know what they're doing. Because of their outstanding success I recieved high scores on all exams, EOC's, and FCAT Writes. To sum it up, at Spoto we believe in PRIDE. It's what keeps us pushing through. I take much pride in representing my school and I refuse to be sent anywhere else. Spoto is my home and I plan on riding out the rest of high school here. I am proud to be a Spartan!

Spoto High School
8538 Eagle Palm Drive, Riverview, FL  33578
Last modified Spoto High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spoto High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top