1,523 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Posted February 04, 2016
amazing school, only for the hard workers. My friend is attending and she is ready to go to college.

Posted June 09, 2015
Suncoast high school was a fun and educational experience that prepared me well for my future, specifically college. It is a challenging school that will push students, however, once you graduate you can get a head start on college. I received a full year of credits due to the IB diploma. Overall I would recommend the school for aspiring and hard working students who are looking to get into a Top 25 Undergrad program.

Posted February 18, 2015
I am a former student having graduated in 2005. I can honestly say that this school prepared me for the rigors of collegiate and adult life more than I could have gotten anywhere else. This is without a doubt one of the top high schools in the country.

Posted February 16, 2015
I'm currently a junior at Suncoast and although it may seem as an extremely challenging school, it's not. During middle school I was challenged because I had not yet mastered the English language and for that reason my grades were not straight A's, however, with hard work I managed to get into Suncoast and I would have to say it was the best choice I've made. I've seen top students change schools because they didn't get straight A's as expected and all I have to say to that is that they are missing out. The teachers may not all be the best but there are some great ones and with effort any student no matter what social class or race can achieve all they want. I must warn you however that there are nights were we don't sleep at all and others that we barely close our eyes due to the amount of homework. I've had a hard time making friends in this school but it's Suncoast, not a school were you go to socialize , it's a school were you go to get the best education possible. If your child wasn't able to get those perfect grades in this school it's not the staffs fault, it's theirs. If they can't take the heat then what happens in college and after that. Suncoast is what you make it.

Suncoast Community High School 4

Posted September 30, 2014
Saw a post about parents not understanding the rigors of the AP courses. Not true. Parents and students know what's involved. They are just really hard. However, there are limited courses to choose from in your specialty. You are on a path and have to take the next class on the path. Right now, I'm taking three AP courses that were next on the schedule to take. I'm not looking to be valedictorian and am not trying to stock up on AP classes. I have no choice. Yes, it hard, not looking forward to the AP course exams. This will only get harder with each year.

Posted May 22, 2014
As a parent, I love this school! The principal explained in orientation, "you may have been the top student at your school, but everyone sitting around you was also that top student." These kids are smart, and I would rate the teachers good-to-Great! It is a tough school, but they offer a lot of help to students. There is tutoring available during lunch and after school. There are mentoring programs available. My daughter is mse/ib and plays on the Suncoast tennis team, even freshman year. It is not the right school for a lot of students, I definitely won't try to send my youngest here.

Suncoast Community High School 1

Posted May 10, 2014
If you are thinking to send your child to this high school to prepare them for college, you are wrong! Don't fall for their trap as being the #2 best and challenging school in the state. My son used to be an excellent student before he came to Suncoast, he used to get straight A's in 8th grade while taking all honor and high school credit classes like Pre-Med, however when we sent him to Suncoast, his grades have dropped to C's and D's due to the teacher's attitude. If your child misses a day of school, they will be lost, and the teachers won't even care to explain the material, instead you will end up paying a tutor for your child to succeed. I agree that this is a challenging school, but the teachers and the staff are terrible and they are there for the paycheck. There are a lot of sexual conversations between boys and girls especially during the freshman year. My husband and I tried talking to the principal however there was no point. We ended up switching to Boca Raton Community High School and my son loves it! The teachers, students and the sports department is amazing. As a parent, I suggest that you think twice before sending your child to this school. ~Good luck

Posted April 28, 2014
Suncoast is a terrific school that continually challenges students. My daughter is getting a top-notch education thanks to the high-level administrators, teachers and curriculum. The school will most definitely prepare them for college. Isn't that the point? To those whining parents -- wait until you see some of the "loser" teachers at the university level with class sizes 100-200+ students. Students are on their own. Be thankful for Suncoast! The diversity in the school is vital in order for our children to be prepared to be responsible adults and productive citizens in the "real world."

Suncoast Community High School 1

Posted April 04, 2014
Don't believe the hype about this school! It was a great school in the past! Now its all about ratings on US News and never about the kids. Its a great school if you take the IB program! The administration puts students down all the time. I think its time for new administrators that believe in all students, just not a selected few! If you are wealthy and can donate big bucks to this school , then your student has it made!

Suncoast Community High School 4

Posted December 16, 2013
As you reach the end of the second quarter of eighth grade, I think you should definitely apply to SHS. There are some requirements, however, and attributes you should have if you want to be successful at this school. You must be willing to work. You probably got all A's in middle school without even trying. Let me tell you, you will have to try in high school, but it is very possible to get all A's and B's with a little effort. You must be okay with getting B's. You will NOT get all A's in all four years at SHS. Even the best and the brightest have gotten B's in the rigorous classes. If you can't deal with that, then don't bother applying. Suncoast is a smaller high school, which I personally love. By senior year, every one is friends with one another. It's the best, in my opinion, as far as size goes. Deciding which program to apply for can be tricky. Be sure to read up about everything about each program! I heard they just added an IB/IIT program for tenth graders. Might want to look into it if you want a partial IB diploma with less work. The best thing about Suncoast is that you're surrounded by students who have the same passions as you and encourage you in them. Good luck!

Suncoast Community High School
1717 Avenue S, Riviera Beach, FL  33404
Last modified Suncoast Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.