Riviera Beach, FL

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 20, 2015
The teachers are very nice and friendly. If they aren't, it is because you are a bad student and they have no patience for you.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 20, 2015
I am a student an I live to learn. I am taking classes that are 3 years before my time. The children who are not though, are most likely behind. The teachers need to give us more work so ensure that we retain our knowledge that we have just learned.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted July 20, 2015
No, but like I said before, it is not the student's fault, it is the parent's fault and their job.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 20, 2015
The teachers cannot do anything to make students more honest. That is the parent's job. I am going to be honest and say that most of the student's parents at this school are horrible. They curse and have no respect for others. That is the parents I am talking about. But, how can you expect those kids to be little angels if all they learn is bad?

Posted July 20, 2015
I love this school and all the students are really nice. No one ever bullies me or jumps me. That is saying a lot because I am white.

Posted August 18, 2014
JFK is the most horrible middle school that our son has attended. They believe in test scores to better their average in the school system for a better budget. They have a reading program done on a computer that is managed by the head reading coach (this reading coach, with genuine pride, informed me that due to this program, her son finally managed to pass the ASVAB after three tries. For those of you who don't know, that's the military entrance exam, in which you only need to score an 11 out of a 99 possible.) On a different note, Palm Beach Post wrote an article announcing the beginning of an African American History honors class at JFK, this being done only so the majority of black students could understand and grasp where they originated from. This is literally as reported in the PB Post news. The school, inadvertently, teaches racism by showing that there is a divide between whites and blacks. My son felt this on a daily basis. The last 4 months out of an entire school year was spent studying FCAT methods and questions so to improve overall test scores for the school itself. The school will not say that though, but that is what my son brought home on a daily basis.

Posted October 14, 2013
I realy hated this school. Students dont barely learn anything, Teachers are trying their best to teach,but students just dont listen. Students get BULLIED, Alot of Fights, Low FCAT scores, and most important students in thier Gym period's get "JUMPED" by other students causing most of them to leave the school including Me. I was once a student of JFK, students thier would always bully me for things I would do,and when i change in the lockerooms, They would always jump me for no reason.The only fun i had was when we went to orlando for a feild trip. Thats why I rate this school a 1.

Posted September 10, 2013
John F. Kennedy is a very good school a good learning facility for young minds... I approve this statement

Posted August 24, 2013
Worse school ever. The students do no respect teachers or staff members. The bell schedule is messed up. It is a dumping ground for new teachers that do no want to be at the school. Kids will disrupted learning and nothing will be done.

Posted September 09, 2010
Starting in 2010 JFK began their IB program accreditation that will enable children of PBC schools to focus on an international education and on giving back to the community through volunteer work. The new staff and teachers are dedicated and they run a very tight ship - with a great student to teacher ratio and a school that is only 3 years old.

1901 Avenue S, Riviera Beach, FL  33404
Last modified John F. Kennedy Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F. Kennedy Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top