Posted July 09, 2014
I had 2 boys go through this school and can tell you that it is an excellent learning environment. Both my kids were part of the full time gifted program starting in 4th grade and their teacher was exceptional. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted October 30, 2013
I had 2 children in this school. We moved to get away from this school. My son is gifted and mildly autistic. One of his teachers use to put him in a closet. They told me if I didn't medicate him for ADHD they were going to kick him out, even though his Dr. said he didn't have ADHD. When I told them he was to smart for the work they were giving him, which is why he was acting up, they told me he wasn't smart because of his behavior. I moved and my son is now in the gifted program and doing much better. I suggest you don't go to this school if you value your child's education!!!!!

Posted October 09, 2013
I have 2 daughter's that are in their second years at Vineland. My experience has been overall FANTASTIC. The principal, staff, and teachers are all amazing! We love Vineland!

Vineland Elementary School 2

Posted May 07, 2013
My son and stepson both attended this school. I say attended because we moved just to get out of the school district. If your child is smart or different, then this is NOT the place to send them. Both of them were labeled with psychological issues, and I was politely told I needed to medicate my son for being hyper even though his Dr says he does not have ADHD. So they sent him home every chance they got, put him in ESE classes where he began hitting and crying. Still, I was relived because he stopped coming home with bruises...he said his teacher hurt him...which the school denied. Then, I met a middle school student that used to have her as a teacher and told me abusive horror stories of how she was treated! The school refuses to do lice checks. Has teachers who are so burned out and unhappy, my step son comes home stressed out from the teacher yelling at him. They have a wonderful front desk staff and a few wonderful teachers, but overall they have steadily sunk over the last 3 years and we are happy to be rid of this school, and so are our kids!

Posted April 23, 2013
My boys attended Vineland for 3 years. If your children need extra help look elsewhere they won't get it here. One of my children was placed in a class where the standards were so far below grade level he played most of the time and the other was just passed along. The 2nd one would get 15 spelling words a week and even though h e would never get more than 2 or 3 correct the class would move on and leave him behind. My concerns were completely ignored. We have since moved and they both now attend Toledo Blade in North Port. The ESE teacher there is a god send. She is very experienced and no nonsense. She requires the children make a sincere effort perform as best they possibly can. She really understands that she is teaching them life skills and if they need to work harder to achieve she makes them believe they can do it. Vineland convinced my children they were not able or expected to achieve. I will probably have to have one of them repeat 2nd grade to make up for all the time lost at Vineland

Vineland Elementary School 0

Posted September 29, 2010
Fantastic, creative teachers.

Posted May 11, 2010
My experience with Vineland has been poor overall. The office staff has been rude and very unproffessional. The principal and assistant principal intimidate the children and do not communicate well with parents at all.The teachers seem to be more interested in socializing with eachother then paying attention to the children in their class. Some of the teachers are very good and well educated to teach elementary, however some of the teachers just couldn't be bothered. The experience my family has had with Vineland has been very disappointing . This school does not seem to care about the students at all. They do not encourage parent involvement and would rather the parents be left in the dark about what goes on at this school. I would not reccomend this school to anyone. My children no longer attend and their new school is light years ahead of Vineland in every aspect.

Vineland Elementary School 0

Posted April 11, 2009
My boys love this school. We moved to Rotonda from New England and Florida has a very bad reputation as far as education goes, so I was worried my kids would be bored at school because they'd be ahead of the other kids. I was pleasantly surprised to find, not only were they not ahead, but they were being challenged to catch up! Love Vineland.

Posted March 04, 2009
My children have been going to Vineland for several years, and I could not be more pleased with them. They thoroughly love the school and the teachers are wonderful. the school is the reason that we stay in the Rotonda area.

Posted September 10, 2008
The teaching staff is great!!!! Many opportunities for parents to be as involved in the school as they choose. Administrative staff in thorough and on top of the current issues of todays youth

Vineland Elementary School
467 Boundary Boulevard, Rotonda West, FL  33947
Last modified Vineland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vineland Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top