639 students|Charlotte

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

When you have to find the sum of 3 paint colors and four crayon colors it becomes ridiculous, and that's just 1st grade, common core is ridiculous and the homework page doesn't even say to add or subtract, I had a meeting with the teacher to help me understand and she got her book out and said that it would be adding because that is what they are practicing at that time, but the common core homework pages should at least say what the subject is

I've heard very good things about this school and I'm might be placing my son here at Vineland but first I need to know more about the ESE program, my son was held back in 2nd grade and is now in 3rd he has ADHD and takes one pill before school each morning to help him focus but my question is will he be in the same class with the autistic children or is there more than one ESE class based on how gifted the child is and i ask this because he is a major follower and I wouldn't want him to copy the other children if he happens to be in a room with autistic kids he will think it's fun to copy them he has a 14 year old cousin whom he copies each time we visit, so does anyone know a lot about Vinelands ESE class /classes

Vineland is a fantastic school, period. The teachers absolutely go out of their way to make sure every child is getting the attention they deserve. I see a couple of reviews here that point otherwise and appear to be from the same disgruntled person. Don’t believe them, this school really is outstanding and the teachers and staff should be praised.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Every teacher I have experienced at Vineland has been a great educator, motivator, and they succeed in getting the job done at the end of the day.

Amount of homework: Agree

It's actually quite a bit of homework, but I think that is necessary to get our children a proper education in today's world.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes this school works on all aspects of educational development including your child's social skills.

pre-k teacher .....Mrs. Turner is just beyond A+ My son Andrew has ASD and she and her assistant Dawn along with his therapists have done such a wonderful job with my son........ they have all set the stage for Andrew to excel in his future. I am above and beyond happy with all his goals that were met as my son was lost and confused before entering Vineland as he was full time with Therapy 45 mins away and once weekly in home. I would highly recommend this school and area to live in for any adults with young children. The school is just all around a fab one, my son is so happy to go to school and happy when he arrives home each day. THANKS VINELAND AND MRS TURNER / DAWN / STAFF

I had 2 boys go through this school and can tell you that it is an excellent learning environment. Both my kids were part of the full time gifted program starting in 4th grade and their teacher was exceptional. I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

I had 2 children in this school. We moved to get away from this school. My son is gifted and mildly autistic. One of his teachers use to put him in a closet. They told me if I didn't medicate him for ADHD they were going to kick him out, even though his Dr. said he didn't have ADHD. When I told them he was to smart for the work they were giving him, which is why he was acting up, they told me he wasn't smart because of his behavior. I moved and my son is now in the gifted program and doing much better. I suggest you don't go to this school if you value your child's education!!!!!

I have 2 daughter's that are in their second years at Vineland. My experience has been overall FANTASTIC. The principal, staff, and teachers are all amazing! We love Vineland!

Last modified Vineland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.