Royal Palm Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,045

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 21, 2015
Overall the teachers are working hard to help the students. Every teacher my child has come across has had the interest of the students first.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 21, 2015
Some parents have complained about the amount of homework. I understand it is a big change from elementary school, where homework is not completed for a grade. However, this is the time to teach our children what hard work is. It is a good transition to the demands of high school.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted June 21, 2015
Students actually have to work towards their goals. Grades and awards are not just handed out because of parent influence or administrators choosing. Students earn their grades and achievements. That is nice to see, for a change.

Crestwood Community Middle School 4

Posted June 21, 2015
My child has had some great teachers that have taught him academics and how to be part of a community. At this difficult teenage time, it is imperative to have other adults in a child's life that will reinforce and model the lessons we, as parents, have shown him.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 21, 2015
This school always gives student the opportunity to tell a teacher or administrator if something has happened. They started a campaign for THINK, which encourages students to ask themselves if something is True, Helpful, Imperative, Necessary and/or Kind. They work on fostering community members not just students.

Crestwood Community Middle School 2

Posted June 21, 2015
Some real good chicken sandwiches yah feel me? Especially with bbq sauce. But everthing else nasty. They got hella roaches up in there like fr yo we got more roaches then students. They getting more education then us. We nick named the school crusty wood cause it's crusty. We got books that we use for learning older then us like people be signing there names from back in 1995 like yoo.

Crestwood Community Middle School 5

Posted December 18, 2014
Crestwood is an amazing place to work! I love coming to work everyday! The administration and staff bend over backwards to resolve any issues and make sure the students are progressing! The teachers are treated with respect and are acknowledged for their hard work and dedication! I used to work in charter schools..never received the level of respect and support that I receive from Dr. Nance, Mrs. Livingston and Mr. Pasquariello. Unfortunately in the charter schools the students were not receiving the education and services they needed in order to excel. I am so fortunate and proud to work with such an amazing team! Our students are progressing and are excelling academically and socially!!

Crestwood Community Middle School 1

Posted December 18, 2014
The teachers are always calling the students parents for no reason. Now I understand if someone got into a fight but call for failing an assignment one way from another they are obviously going to find out. The teachers are somewhat miserable they always accuse students for something they never do. The administration are always pointing fingers on the kids they don't like. They don't let students with bad rep get the good rep ever. They love to pick favorites and the teachers are very rude and some act weird. And they are calling parents and waste there time while they are in the middle of work. A lot of teachers like talking about race on random situations and they never get caught or get in trouble although the students do. This needs to be fixed and put a end to this.

Crestwood Community Middle School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
We all have different experiences with this school, I have tried to forget some incidents at this school but in my opinion, the district should have more attention in the form of education there, there is a lack of attention and consideration by the directives, the information is unclear, educational assistance is limited, and the options are very confusing. I do not recommend this school to anybody, if you have the opportunity to help your child with other educational options is better to look for an alternative middle school, this school needs much improvement and understand that middle school is a difficult stage and changes, which children and parents need more help in understanding what "seems obvious to everyone" but maybe, does not apply to all cases.

Crestwood Community Middle School 4

Posted October 20, 2013
We are new to the school this year and after a little bit of a bumpy start I find the teachers and staff to be very approachable and helpful. They have started a program for children with Asperger's syndrome to help them learn the skills that they will need to become successful adults. This is a blessing because it is difficult to have a child who is extremely intelligent but cannot make friends or is so disorganized that it is detrimental to learning. They are helping my child to learn how to read expressions appropriately, how to make friends by learning the skills of two way conversation, how to not hurt others feelings with their blunt but honest thoughts (their brain has no filter). These are all skills that most people learn without thinking about it. I am grateful for any help they can share with us.

64 Sparrow Drive, Royal Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified Crestwood Community Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crestwood Community Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top