Royal Palm Beach, FL
Students enrolled: 1,045

Posted December 18, 2014
Crestwood is an amazing place to work! I love coming to work everyday! The administration and staff bend over backwards to resolve any issues and make sure the students are progressing! The teachers are treated with respect and are acknowledged for their hard work and dedication! I used to work in charter schools..never received the level of respect and support that I receive from Dr. Nance, Mrs. Livingston and Mr. Pasquariello. Unfortunately in the charter schools the students were not receiving the education and services they needed in order to excel. I am so fortunate and proud to work with such an amazing team! Our students are progressing and are excelling academically and socially!!

Posted December 18, 2014
The teachers are always calling the students parents for no reason. Now I understand if someone got into a fight but call for failing an assignment one way from another they are obviously going to find out. The teachers are somewhat miserable they always accuse students for something they never do. The administration are always pointing fingers on the kids they don't like. They don't let students with bad rep get the good rep ever. They love to pick favorites and the teachers are very rude and some act weird. And they are calling parents and waste there time while they are in the middle of work. A lot of teachers like talking about race on random situations and they never get caught or get in trouble although the students do. This needs to be fixed and put a end to this.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 08, 2014
We all have different experiences with this school, I have tried to forget some incidents at this school but in my opinion, the district should have more attention in the form of education there, there is a lack of attention and consideration by the directives, the information is unclear, educational assistance is limited, and the options are very confusing. I do not recommend this school to anybody, if you have the opportunity to help your child with other educational options is better to look for an alternative middle school, this school needs much improvement and understand that middle school is a difficult stage and changes, which children and parents need more help in understanding what "seems obvious to everyone" but maybe, does not apply to all cases.

Crestwood Community Middle School 4

Posted October 20, 2013
We are new to the school this year and after a little bit of a bumpy start I find the teachers and staff to be very approachable and helpful. They have started a program for children with Asperger's syndrome to help them learn the skills that they will need to become successful adults. This is a blessing because it is difficult to have a child who is extremely intelligent but cannot make friends or is so disorganized that it is detrimental to learning. They are helping my child to learn how to read expressions appropriately, how to make friends by learning the skills of two way conversation, how to not hurt others feelings with their blunt but honest thoughts (their brain has no filter). These are all skills that most people learn without thinking about it. I am grateful for any help they can share with us.

Crestwood Community Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
What a difference a year makes. Crestwood has gone from an A school for over 10 years, now to a B, and in reality it is a C. It's only been a week since school started, but my child hasn't had one night of homework, compared to last year when all the good teachers (who have now left or retired) bombarded him with homework - which I consider a good thing. Thankfully we are moving out of the area so my 2 smaller children will not have to attend this school.

Crestwood Community Middle School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
My child attends Crestwood and I have experienced good and bad within the school. Some Teachers like Ms La Flocke, Ms Jerado,, Mrs Finean, Ms Tanebaum are just wonderful and very caring towards their students. My Child had a good 7th grade year. Although one of her Teachers seem to preach more than teach. Her 6th year was very upsetting to her because she was blamed for something she did not do. I honestly felt it was a race issue and my child is white. It was unfair what happened to her especially when the person who did cause the problem took responsibility and was not given the punishment my child received. I felt like I had no rights and neither did my child. I have learned a very good lesson from this situation. My child has gone through all of her classes with Teachers commending her on her manners and behavior. Except for this one Teacher who made her afraid to go to school thinking she would be blamed again for something she did not do.. This Teacher will have to live with that! Otherwise, Crestwood is a good school and my child is learning. The big problem is some of the students behavior in class. They distract teaching and the class.

Posted September 03, 2012
I am a mother with two children attending Crestwood Middle School. My son is an 8th grader and in his third year at Crestwood, He has thrived in all areas, particularly academically as an honor student. My daughter just began her 6th grade year and is thrilled to be attending Crestwood with her brother. She already loves school and is off to a great start in all of her classes as well. Crestwood has a great Principal/leader in Dr. Nance, excellent teachers and staff for both of my children, and wonderful community involvement and support.. I am both proud and pleased that my children are receiving such a top-notch education from Crestwood We feel fortunate as a family that my children are attending this school.

Posted August 31, 2012
Mr.Gorman was the nicest and greatest 8 th grade math teacher ever!'he actually teaches u the material so that it is implanted in ur brain, not literally!and he is very funny and he treats u like family!hey mr.Gorman this is sydney rallo from 1st hour in 2011-2012

Posted August 26, 2012
My daughter attended this school from 2002-2005 and it was horrible. Kids would be sitting on cars, making out . . . Just 8 years later and it has been a complete turn-around - for the better! My son now attends and is in AP/Honors classes. He LOVES his teachers, has maintained honor roll even though he didn't come from a gifted school, and we couldn't be happier! They are implementing FLVS classes, have a new building in the back, eliminating the portables, and Dr. Nance is doing a great job putting the children first. We were offered another middle school for our son and are so glad that he chose to remain with his friends and go to Crestwood. It truly deserves its A rating.

Posted June 01, 2012
The administration at this school has demonstrated regardless of any mouth piece they have in place to say otherwise, that the entire program here is all smoke and mirrors. It is astounding to me the there is derogatory comments about Mr. Towne right on this site yet he continues to work there, now under going anger management for behavior at the school. This school is not honest with the community, my child attended when there were cameras in the girls bathroom. The cameras did move and have a power source yet the principal said they were not working cameras. When parents wanted to see, touch and examine the cameras they were escorted off the property and threatened with trespassing. The administration here has been know to call parents and reprimand them how how they will or will not speak to staff members yet all kinds of offensives against the students too numerous to count happen daily. Ms. Nance should not be employeed at a school. It seems she is more of a teacher advocate then a student advocate, not what anyone in PBC wants for students! Get out already!

Crestwood Community Middle School
64 Sparrow Drive, Royal Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified Crestwood Community Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crestwood Community Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top