Crestwood Community Middle School 1

Posted April 08, 2014
We all have different experiences with this school, I have tried to forget some incidents at this school but in my opinion, the district should have more attention in the form of education there, there is a lack of attention and consideration by the directives, the information is unclear, educational assistance is limited, and the options are very confusing. I do not recommend this school to anybody, if you have the opportunity to help your child with other educational options is better to look for an alternative middle school, this school needs much improvement and understand that middle school is a difficult stage and changes, which children and parents need more help in understanding what "seems obvious to everyone" but maybe, does not apply to all cases.

Crestwood Community Middle School 4

Posted October 20, 2013
We are new to the school this year and after a little bit of a bumpy start I find the teachers and staff to be very approachable and helpful. They have started a program for children with Asperger's syndrome to help them learn the skills that they will need to become successful adults. This is a blessing because it is difficult to have a child who is extremely intelligent but cannot make friends or is so disorganized that it is detrimental to learning. They are helping my child to learn how to read expressions appropriately, how to make friends by learning the skills of two way conversation, how to not hurt others feelings with their blunt but honest thoughts (their brain has no filter). These are all skills that most people learn without thinking about it. I am grateful for any help they can share with us.

Crestwood Community Middle School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
What a difference a year makes. Crestwood has gone from an A school for over 10 years, now to a B, and in reality it is a C. It's only been a week since school started, but my child hasn't had one night of homework, compared to last year when all the good teachers (who have now left or retired) bombarded him with homework - which I consider a good thing. Thankfully we are moving out of the area so my 2 smaller children will not have to attend this school.

Crestwood Community Middle School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
My child attends Crestwood and I have experienced good and bad within the school. Some Teachers like Ms La Flocke, Ms Jerado,, Mrs Finean, Ms Tanebaum are just wonderful and very caring towards their students. My Child had a good 7th grade year. Although one of her Teachers seem to preach more than teach. Her 6th year was very upsetting to her because she was blamed for something she did not do. I honestly felt it was a race issue and my child is white. It was unfair what happened to her especially when the person who did cause the problem took responsibility and was not given the punishment my child received. I felt like I had no rights and neither did my child. I have learned a very good lesson from this situation. My child has gone through all of her classes with Teachers commending her on her manners and behavior. Except for this one Teacher who made her afraid to go to school thinking she would be blamed again for something she did not do.. This Teacher will have to live with that! Otherwise, Crestwood is a good school and my child is learning. The big problem is some of the students behavior in class. They distract teaching and the class.

Posted September 03, 2012
I am a mother with two children attending Crestwood Middle School. My son is an 8th grader and in his third year at Crestwood, He has thrived in all areas, particularly academically as an honor student. My daughter just began her 6th grade year and is thrilled to be attending Crestwood with her brother. She already loves school and is off to a great start in all of her classes as well. Crestwood has a great Principal/leader in Dr. Nance, excellent teachers and staff for both of my children, and wonderful community involvement and support.. I am both proud and pleased that my children are receiving such a top-notch education from Crestwood We feel fortunate as a family that my children are attending this school.

Posted August 31, 2012
Mr.Gorman was the nicest and greatest 8 th grade math teacher ever!'he actually teaches u the material so that it is implanted in ur brain, not literally!and he is very funny and he treats u like family!hey mr.Gorman this is sydney rallo from 1st hour in 2011-2012

Posted August 26, 2012
My daughter attended this school from 2002-2005 and it was horrible. Kids would be sitting on cars, making out . . . Just 8 years later and it has been a complete turn-around - for the better! My son now attends and is in AP/Honors classes. He LOVES his teachers, has maintained honor roll even though he didn't come from a gifted school, and we couldn't be happier! They are implementing FLVS classes, have a new building in the back, eliminating the portables, and Dr. Nance is doing a great job putting the children first. We were offered another middle school for our son and are so glad that he chose to remain with his friends and go to Crestwood. It truly deserves its A rating.

Crestwood Community Middle School 1

Posted June 01, 2012
The administration at this school has demonstrated regardless of any mouth piece they have in place to say otherwise, that the entire program here is all smoke and mirrors. It is astounding to me the there is derogatory comments about Mr. Towne right on this site yet he continues to work there, now under going anger management for behavior at the school. This school is not honest with the community, my child attended when there were cameras in the girls bathroom. The cameras did move and have a power source yet the principal said they were not working cameras. When parents wanted to see, touch and examine the cameras they were escorted off the property and threatened with trespassing. The administration here has been know to call parents and reprimand them how how they will or will not speak to staff members yet all kinds of offensives against the students too numerous to count happen daily. Ms. Nance should not be employeed at a school. It seems she is more of a teacher advocate then a student advocate, not what anyone in PBC wants for students! Get out already!

Crestwood Community Middle School 3

Posted May 31, 2012
Im a seventh grader in crestwood and im not sure i like it. I'm treated differently because im extremely small and i get bullied all the time and the teachers around me dont do anything about it! the classes are somewhat hard, somewhat easy, saying that im in all gifte. the only thing i highly disapprove of is the lunch seating. i understand the idea the principal was thinking to make it an organized way out, but i know no one at my table so i'm very lonely. kids also pick on me the most there, and throw juice cartons and emty things at me. all in all, it's a great school academically, but some students here are downright rude and need some consequences;

Posted January 23, 2012
I'm an educator here at Crestwood and have been for the past 11 years. We have a family here that cares about kids and wants them to do well. The problems I have with education come from the county and state level, not our principal. I'm impressed enough with our teachers, my own children come here rather than attending the middle school by our house. For the negative reviews, I would say to consider the source. People are very willing to complain, but not to compliment.

Crestwood Community Middle School
64 Sparrow Drive, Royal Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified Crestwood Community Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crestwood Community Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews.