Posted October 02, 2014
Not the same since getting a new principal last year. Moral is at an all time low, principal doing everything she can to stop parent involvement. We used to love this school and its' small town appeal. Everyone was proud. Now it is just like every other mediocre school. So hard to watch our school be destroyed.

Posted October 01, 2014
4+ year parent here-In addition to the previous post I agree with all the parent said -It is just a shame -they do say you don't know what you have until you lose it- Mrs. Hench was so much better for this school -Despite some lows -She was organize, nicer and professional about keeping the teachers on their toes and pretending very well to care about parents concerns.it is a shame that the school is now being run like a prison. the kids are unhappy, they are being treated like adults.. they simply show no care for children.. some of the teachers are extremely rude in their communication and few are wonderful; it seems more like just a job for this people not a passion...

Posted August 06, 2014
My son will be going into first grade in a few days. I had extremely high hopes after reading reviews for the school but I wasn't overall pleased with the school his kindergarten year. I don't like that there aren't honor roll assemblies, the awards come home in a folder with the report card and I feel positive recognition is so important to children. At first we were allowed to pick up kindergarteners and first graders at their door as well as drop them off, mid way through that changed and we had to leave them at the gate. These kids are still very little, they claimed it was for safety but it seemed more and more like they don't want parents on campus. Events that they do have aren't extremely well planned. If I had not been able to drop my child off at his door at the start of the year I would not have known his teacher if I passed her at a store. Parking is absolutely miserable and the car loop extremely slow. Something has to be done. I heard such great things about the principle that was there until the start of last school year so that might be the reason for the lackluster experience. I hope this year is better.

Posted October 20, 2013
HL Johnson Elem. my girls attended here (ages 26 and 22 now) and my son age 10 is attending now(5th gr). has always been an excellent school. Teachers we have had in the past 20 yrs there are very caring and hard working to make sure a child is recieving the best education they can give. thanks HLJ , this will be our last year at this school.

Posted October 19, 2013
I started at HLJ in second grade. I switched because it had the gifted program, and my other elementary school did not. I graduated from HLJ and went to Bak MSOA for middle school. I found out about it through HLJ. I am now in 10th grade, and attend Dreyfoos School of the Arts. Some of my best memories are within HLJ's halls. I would not be where I am now without going here.

Posted August 21, 2013
I love this school!! I went here when I was a child from kindergarten to 5th grade & it was great! I am now a mommy of 2 & my 5 year old daughter started kindergarten today just like I did 24 years ago & it is still GREAT! Everyone there is so friendly and helpful; & you can tell that they truly care about the children. My daughter came home from her first day today ecstatic! I think that I was more nervous than her!! I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to put there kids in a private school, but just can't afford it right now, like me. It is just as good & ALOT less expensive! :)

Posted April 02, 2012
i love the school. everyone is so nice. They help the kids, and i always can reach my sons teacher for any questions concerns etc

Posted August 22, 2011
We are new to H.L.Johnson, but, all comments about this school are the best. so i'm so happy with my son here.

Posted July 15, 2011
We are new to HL Johnson. I must say after Visiting several Public schools in our area, I had just about decided to go Private. I saw lots of negative. Lots of teachers with a less than child friendly attitude, and one princapal who was entirely off mark when she made a very unprofessional remark to me about how they deal with children, and what they do and don't have time for.... I met a Quality person at that same school "Marianne Marooney". She was very happy to talk with us, very patient, spent some time understanding what our needs were, and was in NO HURRY to get rid of us. After meeting with us she recommended we Visit H.L Johnson. I frist emailed the school to get information. I am pleased to say that I recieved a phone call the next day from the Principal "Mrs Hench". Not only did she call me, but called me on her day off. She took my sons files, read them, got to know us and what his needs where and had him enrolled in 24 hours. She has a warm and carring personailty which is exactly what I look for in anyone dealing with my son. I would recomend this school and Mrs. Hench to anyone.

Posted February 02, 2011
We were concerned when we switched our student from a small private school to the gifted program at HLJ but our concerns quickly vanished. The teachers in the program are top notch and pay attention to the students not only academically but socially as well and intervene right away when they need to. If the need for special accommodations for injuries arise, they are quick to act and assign someone to help the student move throughout the school while recovering. This is a large school with high parent involvement and an excellent staff. This is our second year at HLJ.

H. L. Johnson Elementary School
1000 Crestwood Boulevard North, Royal Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified H. L. Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
H. L. Johnson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top