809 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted May 23, 2016
The biggest reason we decided to buy our first home in Royal Palm Beach was because of the excellent ratings that HLJ had. We have 4 small children and wanted them to go to a highly rated school. We're really impressed with all of the help HLJ offers and are excited with the upcoming STEAM initiatives.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
Mrs. Rachel Uffer has been amazing to my Kindergartner this year. I was really worried that it would never 'click' for him to put together that his sight words help him with reading and writing. He now writes me notes and is eager to read everything he sees in our daily errands. I admire her patience with him and hope that our daughter gets her when she starts Kindergarten in 2018!

H. L. Johnson Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2016
The school is going through some changes. It still has some changes that need to be made. We need to make sure parents are comfortable coming here and we want students, staff, teachers and parents all working together to make this a great place to be.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
I want to thank my son's kindergarten teacher, Ms. Brandofino. Her dedication to her students and the quality of the education is amazing. She is so deciplined with their time while still having fun. I am amazed every day with what they learn and what he retains. She loves watching their progress and has been an amazing building block for the rest of his school career. I am truly grateful for her dedication and caring nature. And a special thanks for allowing our "in class" tadpole to frog project!!! We had a blast!!

Posted March 11, 2016
HLJ had a rough year or so with a principal that was the worst. Thankfully she is no more and a new one will be coming in with the 16/17 school year. The interim principal is great, the staff has always been very helpful and courteous. My daughter's teachers are responsive and caring, usually replying the same day to questions or inquiries. She wants to be dropped off early and picked up late! And that is the best review a school can receive in my opinion.

H. L. Johnson Elementary School 2

Posted August 07, 2015
Although there are so many wonderful teachers the office staff is very rude . My son is in fourth grade at HLJ. Over the years the office staff has become very rude and lack patience . Even when you call the school to ask simple questions they rush you off the phone and never have an answer. The data processor is the worst one . I think the school would be so much better with new nicer office staff . My son has also complained to me the office ladies are always mean and in a bad mood. Just give the school a call and see for yourself . You will be lucky if they greet you nicely and give you an answer. Such a shame .

Posted March 26, 2015
My daughter loves H.L.Johnson. This is her second year there she can't wait to get up and go to school in the morning the teachers are great in every area of learning. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 14, 2015
HLJ is fabulous! The teachers and administrators work together to challenge my children and provide high quality education. It is a very caring group of educators. Thank you for all you do for all the children!

H. L. Johnson Elementary School 3

Posted January 12, 2015
my daughter is in 4th grade and my son in Kind. and i am very disappointed in the school now. The office staff is extremely rude when you call and they never have any information about what is happening in their own school. I have had my daughters teacher investigated by DCF and removed but the school would barely even speak to us about it. I have been lied to several times from this office. We went through a lot of effort to try and get our kids in this school and i was hoping for more. I am not a fan of the new principal at all!!!

H. L. Johnson Elementary School 3

Posted October 02, 2014
Not the same since getting a new principal last year. Moral is at an all time low, principal doing everything she can to stop parent involvement. We used to love this school and its' small town appeal. Everyone was proud. Now it is just like every other mediocre school. So hard to watch our school be destroyed.

1000 Crestwood Boulevard North, Royal Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified H. L. Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.