809 students|Palm Beach

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 11, 2016
HLJ had a rough year or so with a principal that was the worst. Thankfully she is no more and a new one will be coming in with the 16/17 school year. The interim principal is great, the staff has always been very helpful and courteous. My daughter's teachers are responsive and caring, usually replying the same day to questions or inquiries. She wants to be dropped off early and picked up late! And that is the best review a school can receive in my opinion.

H. L. Johnson Elementary School 2

Posted August 07, 2015
Although there are so many wonderful teachers the office staff is very rude . My son is in fourth grade at HLJ. Over the years the office staff has become very rude and lack patience . Even when you call the school to ask simple questions they rush you off the phone and never have an answer. The data processor is the worst one . I think the school would be so much better with new nicer office staff . My son has also complained to me the office ladies are always mean and in a bad mood. Just give the school a call and see for yourself . You will be lucky if they greet you nicely and give you an answer. Such a shame .

Posted March 26, 2015
My daughter loves H.L.Johnson. This is her second year there she can't wait to get up and go to school in the morning the teachers are great in every area of learning. I highly recommend this school.

Posted January 14, 2015
HLJ is fabulous! The teachers and administrators work together to challenge my children and provide high quality education. It is a very caring group of educators. Thank you for all you do for all the children!

Posted January 12, 2015
my daughter is in 4th grade and my son in Kind. and i am very disappointed in the school now. The office staff is extremely rude when you call and they never have any information about what is happening in their own school. I have had my daughters teacher investigated by DCF and removed but the school would barely even speak to us about it. I have been lied to several times from this office. We went through a lot of effort to try and get our kids in this school and i was hoping for more. I am not a fan of the new principal at all!!!

Posted October 02, 2014
Not the same since getting a new principal last year. Moral is at an all time low, principal doing everything she can to stop parent involvement. We used to love this school and its' small town appeal. Everyone was proud. Now it is just like every other mediocre school. So hard to watch our school be destroyed.

Posted October 01, 2014
4+ year parent here-In addition to the previous post I agree with all the parent said -It is just a shame -they do say you don't know what you have until you lose it- Mrs. Hench was so much better for this school -Despite some lows -She was organize, nicer and professional about keeping the teachers on their toes and pretending very well to care about parents concerns.it is a shame that the school is now being run like a prison. the kids are unhappy, they are being treated like adults.. they simply show no care for children.. some of the teachers are extremely rude in their communication and few are wonderful; it seems more like just a job for this people not a passion...

Posted August 06, 2014
My son will be going into first grade in a few days. I had extremely high hopes after reading reviews for the school but I wasn't overall pleased with the school his kindergarten year. I don't like that there aren't honor roll assemblies, the awards come home in a folder with the report card and I feel positive recognition is so important to children. At first we were allowed to pick up kindergarteners and first graders at their door as well as drop them off, mid way through that changed and we had to leave them at the gate. These kids are still very little, they claimed it was for safety but it seemed more and more like they don't want parents on campus. Events that they do have aren't extremely well planned. If I had not been able to drop my child off at his door at the start of the year I would not have known his teacher if I passed her at a store. Parking is absolutely miserable and the car loop extremely slow. Something has to be done. I heard such great things about the principle that was there until the start of last school year so that might be the reason for the lackluster experience. I hope this year is better.

Posted October 20, 2013
HL Johnson Elem. my girls attended here (ages 26 and 22 now) and my son age 10 is attending now(5th gr). has always been an excellent school. Teachers we have had in the past 20 yrs there are very caring and hard working to make sure a child is recieving the best education they can give. thanks HLJ , this will be our last year at this school.

Posted October 19, 2013
I started at HLJ in second grade. I switched because it had the gifted program, and my other elementary school did not. I graduated from HLJ and went to Bak MSOA for middle school. I found out about it through HLJ. I am now in 10th grade, and attend Dreyfoos School of the Arts. Some of my best memories are within HLJ's halls. I would not be where I am now without going here.

H. L. Johnson Elementary School
1000 Crestwood Boulevard North, Royal Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified H. L. Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.