Public charter
Royal Palm Beach, FL

Posted December 17, 2014
This is our child's first year. I was not sure what to expect of this Charter School being that it is very small. We are used to public schools. So far my child is very happy, loves the teachers and the extremely friendly and family like atmosphere. Academics are high standard.

Posted December 06, 2014
This is my son's first year (6th grade). He is learning a lot and has excellent teachers. The school is run very well and has excellent communication keeping parents informed of everything your child is doing. To the parents that complain about sending children with learning disabilities to a charter school, I think that's just silly. The public school system is designed to help children with disabilities. I would never even think to send a child with a disability to a charter school.

Posted December 02, 2014
Unfortunately, this school like all schools can not always help students whose parents do not follow through or take the professional recommendations of teachers. It is impossible to make every family happy but this school works very hard for All children and was in fact started for children with disabilities who were struggling in district schools. If they did not care they would not have the huge success rate for this group of children and all children that they do. It is a school of choice for parents. If it is not a fit for a child or family then the parents have the luxury of the choice to seek a better fit program. Over the 12 years they have been open they have made all types of families and students happy by proving a very high quality education. I love working at this school and will continue to help ALL children that walk into my classroom.

Western Academy Charter School 1

Posted December 01, 2014
This school is outright discriminatory toward children with learning disabilities and ADD. My child was there for one school year and it was a horrible and traumatizing experience. The staff is very clique-ish and rude..Since we left I have met several other people who have had common issues. They need to be reported and shut down.

Posted April 26, 2014
I have to take a minute to post on here about the recent FCAT testing experience at this school. My child is in third grade and was scared to death of taking the FCAT. The teachers were very reassuring to my child and really helped with the anxiety she had. The school did not push FCAT like at our old school. We are still nervous about the results but were pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they made the students. No wonder it is an A rated school. They really care!

Western Academy Charter School 2

Posted April 25, 2014
I really enjoy this school but if you child is learning challenged or ESE please do not send your child to this school. They have limited resources to assist you and your child. Its almost as if they no longer want to handle ESE kids. Otherwise everything else about the setting of this school is good.

Posted August 21, 2013
The principal is very involved. She knows the children and parents by name. She really cares about the students. She is fair and treats the students with respect. Children here are not just a number like the other schools in the area. My child absolutely thrived here and I wouldn't have him anywhere else. The teachers are caring, patient, and truly concerned about their students. It s too bad that this area goes not have more schools like this!!

Posted August 01, 2013
Wester Charter Academy school is the best that happens to us, everybody is so good, make us feel like home!!

Western Academy Charter School 2

Posted February 19, 2013
I really liked this school in the beginning. It is small and nice. However, there seems to be a secret prejudice going on there. There is diversity but some students are treated different from others. There is no rhyme or reason its random. My child is an excellent student academically. This student gets singled out from others for certain things while others are doing the same. The ladies in the office has not been nice either. My child has been told not to ask any questions about why this is happening, or detention will be imposed. It's been a very bad experience. The teachers do not help and they get defensive. The principal is also not helpful at all. I would not recommend this school. It needs to be investigated by the Board.

Posted October 20, 2011
My kids love this school! We are so happy. Thank you very much WACS for everything you do for my kids!!! This school has an excellent staff. Very caring and understanding people. We feel like we are family here. A wonderful principal who seems to know everyone. She is always involved and I like that very much. We like the small class sizes. I wish you great success!

Western Academy Charter School
650 Royal Palm Beach Boulevard, Royal Palm Beach, FL  33411
Last modified Western Academy Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Academy Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top