PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

I was a member of IDEAL's first kindergarten class in 1999/2000, and stayed on to become a member of the first graduating class. I am now 22 years old and look back at my time at IDEAL with an enormous amount of joy and gratitude. Wendy and Kris's school gave me a valuable foundation for my life, academically, professionally, and personally, that I could not have received anywhere else. From IDEAL I went on to boarding school, and I am now in the final semester of an honors BSc in Psychology from the #1 ranked psychology department and #3 overall university in the United Kingdom. I attribute much of my academic success to the early education I received at this school. The learning process was always tailored to the students as individuals. My strengths were recognized, encouraged, and celebrated, and my weaknesses were improved with special attention and the opportunity to learn at the appropriate level. Academics aside, IDEAL gave me the privilege of growing up in an environment which nurtured me, encouraged my development into an emotionally intelligent and well-rounded person, and sheltered me from some of the rougher aspects of other schools. I still regard the Sodermans and a few former teachers as family, and my classmates have become some of my oldest and most treasured friends. I would recommend my experience at IDEAL to anyone. This school gives children a start in life that protects and nurtures them, equips them for academic success, and helps them to develop into confident, compassionate, and ambitious young people.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The IDEAL School's priority is to encourage students to become the dynamic and authentic people they were meant to be! Come see this in action as students learn with enthusiasm in a learning environment that is positive and inspiring. IDEAL students are compassionate out of the box thinkers that have the desire and courage to lead by modeling to make a positive difference in the world.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Best school ever. As a past student I can tell you my experiences here were nothing but great! I was lucky to be taught by such an extraordinary group of people.

IDEAL elementary is a distinctive place. Working for a school that recognizes the individuality of each child, and the importance of nurturing his and her emotional intelligence is a gift. Amidst a plethora of test data based institutions, IDEAL is an oasis. Here, we encourage the students to take chances and embrace differences, but it’s a way of life at IDEAL, extending from the administration, to the teachers and the assistants. At IDEAL the students can be all they can be, but so can I. That’s why I am thankful every day to part of the IDEAL team.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The School philosophy is based on developing emotional intelligence and mindfulness in every student. The school lives and breathes character and virtues through the "heart to heart" program developed by the amazing founder.

The IDEAL School is a one of a kind establishment that is truly unlike other schools in the area. IDEAL owners, staff, and teachers believe that learning is an individual process and make it a point to go out of their way to reach every child in the most effective way possible. The school not only provides a challenging academic experience, but also balances this with a strong focus on emotional intelligence. Schools these days are so wrapped up with common core and "teaching to the test", that they often forget about the importance of making each child feel loved and important. IDEAL puts this at the forefront though. The teachers work to push and encourage their students to believe in their dreams and turn them into reality. I have never seen a school so dedicated to encouraging and motivating the children to become positive, hard-working, successful problem solvers and leaders. Everything the teachers and students do seem to bring so much joy and happiness with it. The students are always engaged and active in their lessons, while having fun at the same time! This is a wonderful school that every child should have the opportunity to experience!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have to say preschool teachers are beyond awesome. I haven't seen in all my life more caring people. They are like moms! I leave my little girl every day knowing in my heart she is in perfect hands. Teachers motivate her, inspire her and love her. Teachers also communicate with me all the time and have taken care of my concerns immediately.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Implementation of Emotional intelligence is one of the characteristics makes Ideal School peculiar. Students are taught to manage their emotions and be mindful. They are always challenged to be the best versions of theirselves. I haven't seen before a deepest work on values.

My 4 year old girl had a sparkle in her eye since the first day to the last one. Teachers are not only awesome professionals but caring and like-moms women. Multiple intelligences Units are engaging, challenging and age apropiate always shooting to high order thinking. Environment is enchanting almost magical, clean and colorful, changing with the units to keep students' interest and motivation. Ideal school celebrates each day with joy and enthusiasm.

My child was accepted into every private school in the community because of the knowledge and confidence she received at IDEAL this year. This school goes Above and Beyond in everything they do! The owners/principals and teachers inspire the children daily. The principal himself supervised my daughter's schoolmates to Bahamas to study Marine Biology and also an end of year trip to Universal I am writing this review as a knowledgable parent who has experienced quality and wants to ensure other families have mature accurate information so their child can have the same extraordinary learning experience. Go see IDEAL with adult eyes! Gratitude for an amazing education and nurturing second home.

Last modified Ideal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8