4-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

The staff reviews work and ensures that each student is doing his own work and putting the maximum effort into their studies.

I am very grateful to Debra and her staff for the time and energy spent in helping my son during his 5 years at her school. Debra takes a personal interest in the future of each student and was tireless in working with me to ensure the success of my son in reaching his goal of graduating from high school in the future. She is more than an educator but also a mentor and life coach for all her students.;

My son John went to this school for 6 years. I can't say enough about the individualized attention each child receives Learning is promoted through hands on and each child is given time to master skills at their own pace. My son would not have developed the skills necessary to succeed if it wasn't for the positive learning experiences he encountered here. Miss Deb is passionate about her students. One can tell she does this from the heart. Her educators are patient and kind. Mrs Loretta made sure my son reached his full potential. I will always be grateful for this school .

The Learning Foundation is a great school especially for kids with learning disabilities. They work with each child as an individual according to their educational needs and learning styles. The Director of the school, Miss Thornby, has a real passion for helping students and is extremely knowledgable regarding education, learning disabilities, being a parent advocate and educational laws. She works with the families not only on the educational plan but also on a financial plan. Thank you for all you have done for our son.

My son started at The Learning Foundation in 6th grade and continued in this school until he graduated in 2011. I have 3 sons with the same rare learning disability that the public and other private schools were either un knowledgeable about or unwilling to work with. Miss Thornby tutored my 2 oldest sons and started this school where my youngest was able to attend. Over the years she has tutored them, been a parent advocate for them and assisted them with vocational rehab. If it wasn't for her and The Learning Foundation, I have no doubt my boys would not be where they are today. My oldest son went on to college and has earned his AA degree. My middle son went to a 5 year apprenticeship Union program and became a Journeyman Pipefitter. My youngest son was dual enrolled while at the school an earned many college credits. Big Thank You to Miss Thornby and her staff.

As a 2014 graduate of this school, I have first hand experience of the way The Learning Foindation of Florida works. This school is an excellent opportunity for any child that wants to learn and excell in school. I completed 4 years of high school and 1 year of college in only 2 years. Also, I completely disagree with the comment that's states that this school is a business and only concerned about money. My family and I were having financial problems while I was attending this school. Therefore, I was planning to miss out on many things such as dual enrollment and attending graduation. When Mrs. Debbie figured this out, she worked with my family's financial problems and allowed me to do the things that I thought I wouldn't have the opportunity to do. Currently, I am studying Pre-Medicine at the University of Florida and have multilple scholarships, all which couldn't have been possible without the amazing help of The Learning Foundation of Florida.

TLF is not for everyone. It is a school designed to assist those children that cannot keep up with the public school FCAT fanatics and overcrowed classrooms. If you truly have a child with a learning disability (not an emotional or behavioral disability) then this is a great stepping stone to get your child on the right path. TLF allows your child the foundation needed to get back into the fast lane at the public schools with confidence and the tools needed to participate. My boys have been given the ability to "catch up " and have been able to surpass what I expected. It was not the school alone as we as parents have participated 100% as well as our ESE private tutor. Thank you TLF for bringing my boys around and helping them enjoy learning and loving school. I love our teachers as they are the backbone of our society and without them many of us would not be the professionals we are today!!!

First of all I wanted to start off saying this is not a school, but a business. Debra Thornby is more interested in your money than your child learning. She will tell you a lot of stuff just to get you to sign her contracts. Only thing that is binding in that school. She does not do what she tells you she can with your child, you tell her that she did not give my child the learning I expected, and some way she will blame your child. But Debra does not care, all she wants is her money. Most of the students are there through MaKay Scholarship. This school does not do anything to help the children. They are in front of a computer screen doing a simple computer program, that really does not teach anything. I agree with another post, this school should be shut down! They rip you off! Please parents explore your other options, you can find so much better than this.

Very unstable school for kids, and no ethics. This place needs to be shut down. Good teachers never stay , constantly changing staff, very inconsistent and chaotic.

This school runs by the principal's whimsy, not sound educational practice. It is not a healthy environment for learning. Her theory is that everyting and everyone in the world is clueless except her and her school.

Last modified The Learning Foundation Of Florida is a Private school that serves grades 4-12