Ruskin, FL
Students enrolled: 1,094

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is great for children.The teachers are wonderful ,they tell me what my children need to improve in.

Ruskin Elementary School 5

Posted January 22, 2014
The school staff is very helpful. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure my child is successful. My child loves her teacher and the principal Ms. Amos. My daughter comes home excited about what happened that day.

Ruskin Elementary School 5

Posted October 16, 2013
Great teachers, have a great experience there. I have two boys, one in 2nd grade and another in 4th grade. The teachers are in constantly in contact with parents so we know what is going on and how to help our children better.

Ruskin Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2013
Ruskin Elementary is an up and coming school. This is my sons second year there, and all of the teachers are very friendly. The one complaint I have about my child going to Ruskin Elementary is you can not drop off before 7:30am and there are not any before school care providers that I have found that will take him to school for those of us that start work at 7am.

Ruskin Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2013
My child has attended Ruskin Elementary for 2 years now and the communication at this school is below poor. The school believes in letting a child fail before getting the child assistance to further develope. This is unacceptable. I have asked the school what scales they use, who's method they are using in the classroom, etc. I still have not been given an answer. If you send your child here, be ready for a whole lot of, "I don't know's" from this team. Sickning that our schools have come to this.

Posted March 27, 2012
Great school and great teachers! Its my girl's first year here and she was very happy. The service, communication and support to the parents is outstanding.

Ruskin Elementary School 1

Posted August 23, 2011
Today was my sons first day of school at Ruskin Elementay school. Everything seemed to be going well at first, I took him to school to sign him up for class and walked him to class to meet his teacher. My son was supposed to ride the bus home in the evening so I waited. 20 min after the bus was supposed to arrive I called the school to see what was going on and they said they had to do a head count to make sure all of the children were on the bus so it was running late. When the bus finaly did show up my son did not get off the bus. I went up to the school to have them check to see if maybe he got on the wrong bus. No come to find out he never got on any bus, he was still on campus with some teacher. This was about 3:30 they found him with the teacher on campus. The school never called me to let me know my son was even on campus and when I got to the school they did not know he was even there. My son just started the first grade, it would have been his first time riding the bus.

Posted January 30, 2011
I am a teacher at Ruskin. This is my first year teaching here and I love it already! The teachers and staff are very helpful and friendly. The school is clean and appears organized and well-run. I love going to work!

Posted April 29, 2010

Ruskin Elementary School 2

Posted April 07, 2010
I have a child in 4th grade and he is miserable. The racial divide is so great that he is kicked, pushed, spit at for being 'not a Mexican'. Those were the exact words the student said in front of the principal and myself in justifying his actions. It is actually common after speaking to other parents about this. The teacher has never taken action against any of this. It took my child coming home bruised and scratched and going to the Asst. Principal to get this matter addressed! Eventually two of the kids did get a three day suspension.

Ruskin Elementary School
101 East College Avenue, Ruskin, FL  33570
Last modified Ruskin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ruskin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top