Ruskin, FL
Students enrolled: 1,463

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 17, 2015
They don't respect the students so we refuse to respect them at all. We curse them out more than we respect them

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 17, 2015
Nope. This school does not teach the students anything to strengthen us in anyway at all

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 17, 2015
No. Not at all. They don't even dish out proper punishments. They're to busy giving dress code to girls with showing bra straps.

Shields Middle School 2

Posted May 05, 2015
My step-kids go to this school. It is widely known for bullying, fights, and drugs (yes drugs). They are always coming home telling us stories of how kids are getting caught smoking pot in the bathrooms. The staff doesn't do anything to enforce rules. Not too happy with this school at all.

Posted April 17, 2015
I'm new in the area, my daughter is a Hillsborough County Virtual School student. She has to do all her testing at Beth Shields Middle School. Since we moved here, I have left message for three weeks to speak to the principle, the Special Education teacher. Mrs. Walters the Special Ed teacher said she would call me back with information, that was two weeks ago. I can't get anyone from that school to return a call since that one communication. I'm starting to understand why this school has such a low rating.

Shields Middle School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
Beth Shields Middle School in Ruskin Fl, THis is my Son Ian 3rd year at Shields. The teachers are very involve with all the academic and all the activities to help the students to excel in all area of studies. I also love their interactions with all the parents. It help me as aparent to know that my child is treated more as a student and not just a child. Thay are very involved with students and the parents that is quite important to me. I love Shields Middle School for my Child and I recommend that school for anyone who wants to send their Child to that particular School.

Posted July 14, 2013
I went to this school for about a year and a half, the first week I went, the first fight I had, I'm not a fighter kid but there's a lot of stupid gangs, kids get bullied when they're new, I say because I was but I didn't give them the chance, the food is awful, my writing was so bad, I learned more when I got to Lennard High School, in my opinion that school is so crowded and they don't know how have control of the kids.

Posted April 30, 2013
I noticed the student giving this school a five star rating - posted June 10, 2012 does not have one capitalization, period, comma, etc. I'd say that is a real great school - In my humble opinion it is the worst school I have ever seen. My children are adults now and my grandchildren have been students at this miserable school. What a shame that they are turning out students without and regards for the English written word.

Posted April 27, 2013
As a student i've been here for 3 years. Many kids are failing and there's barely any contact with the students, teachers, and administators. I'll say, I admit students here are crazy. They set trashcans on fire, people smoke here, and have a food fight or two. But, in all seriousness, there's also people who get bullied here and they have a poor way of dealing with it. Some of the teachers here are really trying, but don't have the skills and socialality they need. I mean, nobody wants to ask a strict teacher a question do they? The food here is awful. I have seen what's in the burger. And I have no idea what it is. This school is like a jail now. They punish all the kids here including the people who never even got a step into detention. We only have 4 minute to go to class. They expect us to drink water, go to the bathroom, and to get to class on time? Not to mention how crowded the halls are! You hav to be careful, it's like a stampede. Drop your stuff? Might as well say goodbye to that neat binder of yours. And you only get 3 bathroom passes for a semester. Nice. This is all can right about this school, I mean they only give me like, 1200 characters? Darn, I had more. Oh well.

Shields Middle School 5

Posted June 10, 2012
i went to shields for three great years and june 8th 2012 was my last day i think everythings great im mean sure thiers fights and drama but tell me one school that is a public school doesnt have fight or drama i have to say the principle ms.voida is a really nice lady and i especcialy like to be with mrs.rumph she was the best guidance counsler that i ever had my school days there were amazing and i lov the teachers i mean sure there are teachers there who are stricted but i learned now that they are just strict with you so they can perpare you for your upcoming lives they also have great help in the front office like mrs.slyvia rodriguez she was really nice to me she alwayz gave me a nick name like for example FLACKA. OMG did i love her and mrs. LIZ trevino she was always nice to me and mrs.laura trevino i think everyonein that school is nice and i will never forget my three best years there i will miss everyone there and for you people who dont like that school well its maybe cause yaw didnt get to know everyone there and for you people who want to attend that school ireccomend it it is a great school. and i love that school with much love MARIA RIVERA

15732 Beth Shields Way, Ruskin, FL  33573
Last modified Shields Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shields Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top