Ruskin, FL
Students enrolled: 1,463

Posted July 14, 2013
I went to this school for about a year and a half, the first week I went, the first fight I had, I'm not a fighter kid but there's a lot of stupid gangs, kids get bullied when they're new, I say because I was but I didn't give them the chance, the food is awful, my writing was so bad, I learned more when I got to Lennard High School, in my opinion that school is so crowded and they don't know how have control of the kids.

Posted April 30, 2013
I noticed the student giving this school a five star rating - posted June 10, 2012 does not have one capitalization, period, comma, etc. I'd say that is a real great school - In my humble opinion it is the worst school I have ever seen. My children are adults now and my grandchildren have been students at this miserable school. What a shame that they are turning out students without and regards for the English written word.

Posted April 27, 2013
As a student i've been here for 3 years. Many kids are failing and there's barely any contact with the students, teachers, and administators. I'll say, I admit students here are crazy. They set trashcans on fire, people smoke here, and have a food fight or two. But, in all seriousness, there's also people who get bullied here and they have a poor way of dealing with it. Some of the teachers here are really trying, but don't have the skills and socialality they need. I mean, nobody wants to ask a strict teacher a question do they? The food here is awful. I have seen what's in the burger. And I have no idea what it is. This school is like a jail now. They punish all the kids here including the people who never even got a step into detention. We only have 4 minute to go to class. They expect us to drink water, go to the bathroom, and to get to class on time? Not to mention how crowded the halls are! You hav to be careful, it's like a stampede. Drop your stuff? Might as well say goodbye to that neat binder of yours. And you only get 3 bathroom passes for a semester. Nice. This is all can right about this school, I mean they only give me like, 1200 characters? Darn, I had more. Oh well.

Shields Middle School 5

Posted June 10, 2012
i went to shields for three great years and june 8th 2012 was my last day i think everythings great im mean sure thiers fights and drama but tell me one school that is a public school doesnt have fight or drama i have to say the principle ms.voida is a really nice lady and i especcialy like to be with mrs.rumph she was the best guidance counsler that i ever had my school days there were amazing and i lov the teachers i mean sure there are teachers there who are stricted but i learned now that they are just strict with you so they can perpare you for your upcoming lives they also have great help in the front office like mrs.slyvia rodriguez she was really nice to me she alwayz gave me a nick name like for example FLACKA. OMG did i love her and mrs. LIZ trevino she was always nice to me and mrs.laura trevino i think everyonein that school is nice and i will never forget my three best years there i will miss everyone there and for you people who dont like that school well its maybe cause yaw didnt get to know everyone there and for you people who want to attend that school ireccomend it it is a great school. and i love that school with much love MARIA RIVERA

Posted April 05, 2012
I am a student at this school and i must say the adminastration does nothing to help the students.There a gang members who throw up gang signs and make threats in front adminstartion and they get a brush on the shoulder.But my friend got a referal for eating a cough drop and adminstration is trying to exspell him from the school,which doesn't make since at all.All the administartors that try to help the students are sent to another school or fired.Teachers even don't agree with ahalf the decisions administartion makes and when they ask to have a meeting wit the principal or some other type adminstration they always make an excuse about how they have a busy schedule.The gudince counslers try to help us but administartion never lets them have a say in anything.As a student from personal experinces all I have to say is this school is not i good enviorment for learning.

Posted December 07, 2011
"C" grade School with "F" grade administration. The head of the School needs to find another position in the School District where she does not require human interaction. If you are a parent needing to speak with her you'll have a better chance of speaking directly with Florida Governor Rick Scott.

Posted November 09, 2011
According to the School Administration Roster last names, there appears to be a lot of family members working at this School. Oh well ....just a noticeable observaton....

Shields Middle School 5

Posted June 20, 2011
I Went to beth shields middle school . and i have to say its been the best three years of my life. I would not ask for better teachers , great class mates. yeah, theres some kids who have a little drama , but what school doesn't ? As for that lady talking about them speaking spanish if you don't remember america is a free country ? :) Just saying . Beth Shields Middles SChool Is An Amazing school , with IPS Classes for eighth graders and Algebra classes. I had all Advanced Honors Classes , Yeah kids weren't passing but that was their own fault , the teachers are great they give a right amount of time to turn in papers . I Would say this is the best middle school any boy could go to !

Posted June 06, 2011
My daughter has been there 2 yrs. I don't have very good things to say about it. She went to the science robot compitition and not one of her teachers showed up and only 2 other kids, in their math comp., the math teachers didn't hold one practice. She is in "advanced classes" yet half of her classmates are failing. I see no test come back from teachers and most won't even contact you back when you call and email. Avoid this school...it's more of a wharehouse than a school.

Shields Middle School 3

Posted April 21, 2011
I.think It's an all right school... as for the lady that said girls wear to much makeup well mam that's the parents fault for not monitoring what their children wear to school.. and I don't think It's funny to say that all they do is speak Spanish because everyone is in their right to speak their foreign language and if U don't like it than take same Spanish classes and learn it so that u can understand what they say Ok. I hate it when people talk about my people that speak Spanish:(

Shields Middle School
15732 Beth Shields Way, Ruskin, FL  33573
Last modified Shields Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shields Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top