Ruskin, FL
Students enrolled: 1,915

Posted October 29, 2014
I am a student at Lennard High right now. A senior for the class of 2015 to be exact. This was the only high school I attended and I enjoyed it overall. Some of the rules are pretty ridiculous like the no passes during class but, there is a reason to their madness! And for that...I encourage it. I feel comfortable in this school. Nothing bad has really happened here. Most of the teachers are great. There are a handful of clubs to join. The drama department is cool! Our football team is getting better! I am proud to call myself a longhorn. And something we need to improve with is our school spirit. That's pretty much the only thing I don't like about the school body.

Lennard High School 3

Posted June 05, 2014
This school is better than I though it would be. However, we have the same issue, the students can only use the bathroom between classes. The bathrooms are all locked during class time. If you get three tardies you get detention. I don't understand this. If this is such a problem then they need to have bathrooms in the classroom. My child has classes that are not close to each other and has to hold it until the bell rings Teachers will not allow the students to go to the bathroom during class. This is quite ridiculous and it definitely needs to be addressed.

Posted May 08, 2014
Lennard High School is a very good school. But there's an issue,students cannot use the restroom during class. They can only use it between classes ,which is 6 minutes in between each class. And restrooms get real packed and students have to wait in line. My son has gotten a couple tardies,and had to do after school detention. I don't think this is right to prohibit students to use the restroom. Because when u got to go ,u got to go. They can get a UTI for holding it to long. I also e-mailed da school board about this issue and they haven't done anything about this matter. Because my son has to do after school detention once again. Just for using da restroom and being late to class. It's not fair!!!!

Posted April 23, 2014
My third child will be graduating soon from Lennard, and all in all we have been very happy with the school. The Dual Enrollment program is allowing my daughter to graduate college in 3 years, saving us a lot of money and allowing her to start her career a year sooner. Those FREE credit hours from dual enrollment were accepted out of state as well. Mr Johnson is an awesome counselor and has help us many times. If you don't take advantage of all the school offers or you are not involved in trying to make it better, you have no right to complain.

Posted April 19, 2014
Lennard High School is great my daughter learn a lot. And she has fun too.

Posted February 07, 2013
My son is a 9th grader at Lennard. We are zoned for East Bay but selected Lennard because it is smaller and seems to have fewer problems with violence. My son swims on the swim team and is doing exceptionally well. We are 100% confident that we made the right decision!

Posted February 07, 2012
I am a senior at LHS. I have had an amazing high school career. I must say that I WOULD NOT CHOOSE ANY OTHER SCHOOL IN THE NATION. Lennard High School is HOME.

Lennard High School 1

Posted November 05, 2011
this school is awful the teacher are not teaching well and the lunch sucks the buses are crowded this school is the worst i have ever been to in history

Lennard High School 3

Posted July 31, 2011
I attend LHS and I'm going into the 11th grade, I don't really think the APs do a good job, seeing as from experience they went with what one side said because the person brought in a parent. Not to mention, you're not supposed to know who gives them information, I guess so you can't harm the person, but they questioned their witness with the door open so I could hear everything they said, they walked her right past me so I knew who said talked to them. If I was one of those bad kids, they could of put that girl in jeopardy by doing that. I'd say some of the teachers are good, and I'd give the school an 8.5 just because of the great friends I made. Their lunch sucks! It's a very cheap school all the activities they plan look cheap -____- Thank gosh I'll be leaving it soon, and I can wash my hands with the drama.

Posted March 02, 2011
I love this school. I have 2 kids there. They are both in Honors and AP classes. I think if you child works hard they can get in the good classes and away from the kids that just don't care. My children's teachers are very caring. They are available when ever I need to speak to them. You have to be your child's' advocate. If anything is wrong get them help if needed there are some great programs at Lennard.

Lennard High School
2002 East Shell Point Road, Ruskin, FL  33570
Last modified Lennard High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lennard High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top