662 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

Posted March 12, 2013
This school is absolutely amazing. My son, Gino, had gone to a Hillsborough County school for the first part of kindergarten. Our family was just finding out he had ADHD. I was getting phone calls from hillsborough county every day to come pick Gino up from school. They couldn't control him. I was at my whits end and crying to the principal. He finally sent me to the guidance counselor who had never even heard of my son! 3 months at that school and you don't know the worse behaved kid?! We moved to Safety Harbor and enrolled Gino at SHES. It was the best move we could have made. They helped Gino from the first day. Mrs. Goza, Mrs. Turner, Mr. Kalach, and Mrs. Stall worked together as a team to help Gino. They created a 504 plan for him and accomidated his every need. Gino is now in 1st grade with Mrs. Eggers and his behavior problems are almost non-exhistant. They never treated Gino like a problem, they just worked to find a solution. I don't know what the one parent is talking about when they say Mr. Kalach is a bad principal. They do require background checks for volunteers at the school.

Posted November 04, 2012
My daughter has thrived at Safety Harbor Elementary. Having suffered from epilepsy, I was impressed by the special care she was given by her teachers, especially her kindergarten teached, Mrs. Cross. Now in fourth grade and seizure free, we are thankful for all of the wonderful teachers we've had at Safety Harbor Elementary. Mr. Kalach is a great principal who's enthusiasm for the school is contagious.

Posted September 26, 2012
I suppose everyone has different experiences at even the best of schools. I have three children, one of whom has already graduated from SHES. All three of my kids have had fantastic experiences at Safety Harbor Elementary. Their teachers have been excellent, they've been challenged academically every step of the way, and they've thrived from the nurturing, supportive environment the faculty, staff, and administration has fostered. No school is perfect, but for our family (and many others I know with high standards) this school comes very close.

Safety Harbor Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2012
This used to be a good school until the current principle Mr. Kaloch began there. It turned into an absolutely horrible school for special needs kids. I even witnessed a child being closed into a "quiet room" while the aide held the door shut. They also do not do background checks on the volunteers. It is very sad since there are actually great teachers there that are now limited on how they can teach since Mr. Kaloch took over. I have pulled my son from this school and there are 7 parents that I know of that did the same thing in the same school year.

Posted October 12, 2010
My daughter is in the Pre-K 3 year old class. She absolutely loves this school. The teachers are AWESOME!!

Posted September 24, 2009
My daughter went to this school and learned so much, had a very positive time the entire time. The teachers are all upbeat, enthusiastic, and willing to help. Mr Kailech, the principal is always cheerful and smiling. The extra's the faculty do for the students go way beyond just teaching. My grandson moved to the school zone just to be able to attend Safety Harbor Elementary when he started Kindergarten this year. I know of people on the waiting list to attend. This is a top notch public school!

Posted September 17, 2009
It is a great school with great kids and parents who are very involved with the school and the kids.

Posted August 17, 2009
My daughter attemded Safety Harbor Elementary. I have never met a more caring supportive group of teachers and specialists. My daughter has special needs that have been like puzzle that we put together. From Mrs Turner her Kindergarden teacher (twice), Mrs Homlmes her first grade teacher, Mrs Davis( 2nd grade teacher, Coach Broom (PE) and Mrs icenogle along with her SLD teach, SLP, and OT. They were all always looking out for her best interests. My daughter will begin a private school this year and they all felt for her it was the best alternative but making the change has not been easy. They care.......they always cared!!!!roomahlm to Mrs Davis her Mrs Turn

Posted May 27, 2009
In my book Safety Harbor Elementary is a 10! Our daughter was in Ms. Holmes first grade class and could not have had a better experience. The caring environment and excellent communication between teachers and parents allowed my daughter to get the most out of the learning experience.

Posted July 02, 2008
I am also a happy parent of a student from Mrs. Collova's kindergaten class who will be entering first grade in August. The warmth and patience Mrs. Collova has with her students is phenominal! My daughter's first experience in school has given her a love of learning! What an exceptional school!

535 5th Avenue North, Safety Harbor, FL  34695
Last modified Safety Harbor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.