1,319 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

As a former student I would like to just say how amazing the teachers are. If you are a parent considering this school for your child I strongly recommend it. I was able to understand and reach my highest potentials and I was able to maintain straight A's all through my 7th and 8th grade years, something I never thought i could do. Your child is guaranteed to have a brilliant time there and the teachers seem to work wonders.

This school is very fun. The campus is clean and tidy and the teachers are fun and nice (besides a rare few). The MEGSSS and IMAST programs are very important because they seperate the higher level students from lower-level ones, so they don't get dragged down or forced to do something they already know. Also, the 'one-way hallways' are helpful, because you can get to class easier, without people pushing and shoving from all directions. I've learned a lot going here, but there are still flaws. Mainly, the principal is horrible and strict. She focuses on keeping kids off the grass and trash off the floor, making our school look good instead of improving the academics. It seems like every day we have to "walk to lunch with our teachers" or "get detention for running at a school party" or some other useless thing, for practically no reason. Other than that, I think this school is very good.

I think that safety harbor middle school is a very good school. It makes all students dress properly and appropriate for school like how anything you wear can only be 2 in. Above the knee, no tanks, wearing appropriate shirts also so for especially girls and for the boys no sagging, etc... I like it all except for how they only have four minutes to switch classes they only have 4min. And I think that the principal could be a little less strict. But other then those the school is very serious about being neat and clean. I would recommend this school and also they need to make the students get out earlier cause my daughter keeps coming home around 5 so not happy about that! :)

what are your guys talking soo bad about the princibal i mean shes not that bad i mean taking one day too do fun stuff wont hurt us.and all of our test scores are pretty good and the people that usually get bad test scores either dont care and wont listen i recommend safety harbor to anyone

Our daughter has been at Safety Harbor Middle School since September of this year and we are very pleased with the experience so far. She is in the gifted program. We've been impressed, not only with what she is learning, but with how much she seems to be enjoying the challenge, as well. Fantastic teachers, strong administration...excellent school!

I suggest this school for kids it is awesome it certainly has lots of sports activities

This school is pretty good. It's not overcrowded, the students generally learn at least something useful when they come home, and the test scores are pretty good, too. However, I think that the school keeps hiring teachers who are too young and don't know what they're doing. I don't think the young teachers get much support from the older teachers, because they don't really talk to them and instead make friends among themselves. I also think that the principal focuses too much on things that are unimportant overall, such as keeping students off the grass and forcing students to be led to lunch by their teachers. What she should really focus on is making sure students learn things and score well on tests because they learn things, not having little parties for everyone who wears a Rays shirt on a certain day. I also think it would be nice if they offered gifted language arts and social studies classes, because there are many students that are unchallenged in those subjects. But other than those things, it's good. Also, if it matters, the band and chorus teachers are excellent.

Over all the best middle school around. The older teachers work well with younger ones, good balance of experience and enthusiasm. Wonderful parent support and great guidance counselors.

To all student body at Safety Harbor and anyone reading this, the Special Needs Program needs your help.Your Principal is not standing up for the kids in this program instead of Carwise kids coming to Safety Harbor Special Needs program they Our kids have to move to a school with unsuccessful Special Need teachers a recent school resourse officer stabbing and no life skills learning area like kitchen stove washer dryers etc that are currently in Ms Russell's room. Ms. Russell has been at Safety Harbor for 22 years. Please help our students. Call 7241407 or 5

This school has provided my daughter with an excellent transition from elementary school. The gifted classes are challenging and engaging. But, all of her teachers are challenging and engaging. The principal is strict and no nonsense, but cares about the students and the teachers, which I think creates a safe and comfortable environment. PTA seems to be strong and supportive.

Last modified Safety Harbor Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.