Safety Harbor, FL

Posted September 23, 2014
We love Espiritu Santo Catholic School!! The principal, teachers and staff are excellent...very caring, dedicated and highly qualified! The facility is wonderful and the tech department is great! There are a wide variety of extra-curricular activities to be involved in. The environment is very warm and friendly and everyone feels welcome! I would highly recommend this school!!!

Posted June 23, 2014
My daughter is getting a great education from Espiritu Santo Catholic School. She always has supportive teachers who know her strengths and help build on her knowledge to excel in every subject. There are many projects that the students do to enhance their faith. My daughter participated in Best Buddies, Pinellas Hope, and the St. Vincent de Paul food drives. She now has a sense of commitment to help others, and I know that she has learned a lot of these qualities from ESCS. I love this school and would recommend it to anyone.

Posted May 23, 2014
My daughter went to ESCS for 10 years. At one point there were rumors that the middle school education was sub par. Our experience had been so good up to then, we decided not to abandon ship. I could not be more pleased by the education she received in middle school. Her teachers were excellent. As far as being behind, she tested at the top taking Pinellas County school standard end of course tests (as did her classmates). A contact at the school board said that "all of the Catholic school students are scoring in the excellent range." She just completed a year in a STEM program and was on the dean's list. She misses ESCS. It was a wonderful experience for her and for us.

Posted February 11, 2014
In our experience bullying is tolerated at this school and recess is open season. When problems are brought to the administration, the administration does nothing to solve the problems and attempts to blame the victim. The staff and administration ambush parents at meetings when they think you are going to complain or have an issue. Academics are far behind the public schools in every area except for cursive writing. Tuition costs are $1,000 more than other local catholic schools. The tuition increases every year as enrollment drops as more families leave. Most of the staff is not equipped or qualified to meet the needs of students who are Gifted or in need of special attention. We were parishioners of the church for 30 years and are so disappointed with the school. If I could do change things, I would never have put my child at this school. Don't even consider this school. The school puts on a lot of parent events which make everything look perfect when it's not.

Posted February 10, 2014
Bullying, and victims get no teacher or administration support. Bullies are not stopped. Victims are blamed and further attacked. Children with any special needs, however mild, are quickly shown the door; there is no support for them and they make it more than clear that they are not welcome. I removed my child after ever-increasing mental and physical bullying incidents and moved to a local public school to find they were sorely behind in all subjects. We spent a year catching up to the rest of the class and this same child is now labeled "gifted" and ahead of peers. If we had stayed at Espiritu Santo, we would have regretted it. After 16 years of being a parishioner, we even changed churches so as not to see the unChristianlike teachers and staff at Mass, after what they did to our child. Tuition costs are too high for a school that does not meet public school academic standards. Be sure to read all the documents given at registration. I recently spoke with a parent who was given a document disclosing their math scores were less than state standards and required their signature. I would homeschool my children before placing them in Espiritu Santo.

Posted November 03, 2013
WORST EXPERIENCE AT ESPIRITU SANTO CATHOLIC SCHOOL!!! When my child started kindergarten, it became clear that he had significant learning disabilities of which we were not aware until that time. Basically the teacher and administration rejected him and in turn me, at a time when I needed them the most. I was called into meetings and they continued to tell me all of the problems he was creating, and even said they needed proof that my son was even able to learn. I was desperate for guidance in how to proceed, not knowing anything about how to start the evaluation for learning disabilities and special education needs. While Ms. Penn boasted of how great the Student Support Team was, not a single faculty member gave me any guidance, despite me pleading for help. I was left to figure it out on my own. I called my local public school and immediately felt the Christlike love and acceptance that was sorely missing at this Catholic School. I switched to the public school am proud to say that with the proper evaluation and placement, he is on the A/B honor roll and can learn just fine. If your child does not fit the standard mold..learning disabilities and ADHD, find another school.

Posted June 03, 2013
my child was unfairly rejected from the school, and when my father of 28 years a parishioner of the school approached the pastor, the pastor responded by admitting he was a puppet of the school principal. I do not want anyone to make the mistake that we made after my family were parishioners since 1979.

Posted January 17, 2013
As a graduate of the class of 2009, I would highly recommend the school! Mrs. Preble, the Language Arts teacher, more than prepared me for high school. I am learning things now as a senior in an AP class that she taught me in 6th grade! The environment is amazing, and I met my best friends at this school. Whenever I return, I feel welcomed by everyone. Attending this school was a better experience than that of my high school one. I would recommend ESCS to anyone!

Posted October 04, 2012

Posted December 12, 2011
School is the pits. You will get more school and christianity at St. Cecelias or Our Lady of Lourdes. The principle does everything she can to avoid any parental involvement. She is a disappointment. If you are not the YES Parent, you'll get no where. She's like the evil dictator and has removed anyone who has ever disagreed with her. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

Espiritu Santo Catholic School
2405A Philippe Parkway, Safety Harbor, FL  34695
Last modified Espiritu Santo Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Espiritu Santo Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top