641 students|St. Johns

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Otis A. Mason Elementary School 2

Posted April 05, 2016
For four years running, someone at the school has reported our family to DCF apparently for an issue that we are dealing with in concert with them. They are VERY aware of the steps we are taking, but have extreme difficulty in communicating with us what they are doing. We have often received less than 24 hour notice of meetings. We have loved the teachers that our children have had, but the administration leaves a lot to be desired.

Posted September 26, 2012
My daughter has attended Otis Mason for two years and I am extremely impressed on how dedicated and well prepared the teachers are. My daughter is an over achiever and the teachers keep her challenged at her ability level even though some of the kids are learning easier stuff. The school won a $100,000 grant from Target last spring and it allowed her to go to a 2 week summer camp on zoology the school organized. It's a pretty amazing place.

Posted June 07, 2012
My son has attened this school since kindergarden and is going into 4th grade now. I have loved all the teachers he has had and have been very happy with the support when my soin had any trouble. Espcially with him beginning FCATS this year. I really enjoy this school alot and so does my son.

Posted April 13, 2009
Great School... My daughter has been here since kindergarten and is now in 3rd grade! Love the Teachers... Again, Great School! :)

Posted October 22, 2006
At first I was hesitant about public school but this school os top notch. it offers a ton of extracurricular activities and the teachers are phenomenal. We have been involved in the school for three years now and would not go anywhere else.

Otis A. Mason Elementary School 4

Posted January 11, 2006
My daughter really loves this school and feels right at home. She loves the after-school program! She is a bright student and apparently that is noticed as she is brought to other classes to read to others sometimes and gets to 'help' the teacher occasionally. I also see quite a bit of parent involvent.

Posted August 19, 2005
I, too, am extremely impressed with how courteous the safety patrols are in the morning. I also like the school a lot even though it's larger than my daughter's first school and I don't know many of the other parents yet. However, the extended day program has been a wonderful service. I was nervous about my daughter having to be 'stuck' in an after school program that may not encourage her to do her homework and that may be boring for her (just watching TV). I was happily turned around when my daughter expressed how much she enjoyed the program and I was able to get to speak with the coordinator a few times to see how much they really care about the kids.

Otis A. Mason Elementary School 4

Posted June 18, 2005
I am so impressed with this school. My son started off the school year at Crookshank and I was really discouraged in the lack of compassion I saw for the students there. So, I had him transfered to Mason and I think it was the best decision ever. My son is happy, the teachers and principal are incredible and I really feel that when I leave my son there for the day that he is being cared for in the best way possible. Which is very hard to find. I'm a stay at home mom and when he went off to school I was really afraid that I would worry about him all day long but with this school that isn't an issue.

Otis A. Mason Elementary School
207 Mason Manatee Way, Saint Augustine, FL  32086
Last modified Otis A. Mason Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.