1,010 students|St. Johns

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

We have had to move around a lot due to my husband's work. My daughter has attended three other schools. Mill Creek is really lacking in quality teachers mostly due to the teachers having a terrible attitude toward the students and lack of enthusiasm with their jobs.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers role model negative attitudes and rude behavior toward their students. If a child has a question, the teachers respond with a frustrated rude answer and convey an attitude that they do not care about the students or their jobs.

The teachers are very negative, rude, and sarcastic to students. Teachers appear burned out and have very negative attitudes. This negativity greatly impacts the dynamics inside the classroom. Teachers punish the whole classroom for behavioral problems of a few children. Communication between staff and parents is almost nonexistent.

My daughter is in 1st grade here and I can't wait to get her out. We moved into this area for the "great" schools, but have been very disappointed. Your child does not get any attention unless they act out and have disciplinary issues. My daughter is in a class where children swear, run around and act very poorly. My daughter comes home in tears way too often. She does not receive the academic attention that she needs because of the issues within the classroom. Recently she had an incident where she and another student bumped into each other on the playground. I was not called by the school nurse. My daughter developed an abscess in her mouth from the incident. We will be moving her to a private school for 2nd grade.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Our Kindergarten teacher was very disorganized. i felt he struggled allot more than needed because of this. However the 1st grade teachers & pre-k teachers were wonderful.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My 1st grader had about 15 mins of homework per night assigned plus the 30+ we spent per night studying Sight Words & Spelling Words. It was too much!

Great school, great teachers! Very glad with the school. Keep the good work! Also like the new system for drop off.

My three children have all attended Mill Creek. We've had a great experience. The new principal who came to the school in 2011 is fabulous. I have seen improvements in my children's academic skills, and their teachers have always had an open door policy. The Pre-K program is great. I can't believe how much my 4-year-old is doing!

My son is in Pre-K & I'm amazed at how great this school is! It's all day Pre-K program too. Communication is excellent with a daily e-mailed report advising me how he ate, if he napped / rested, what they read, studied in the classroom as well as & in music, media or gym. Everything! He loves going to school & is just learning so much faster than I dreamed. Lots of Open Houses & chances to get involved too which is perfect for us. Love our PTA Discounts key-tag!

Poor communication on part of the administration. Principal does not listen to parent concerns. If you are the type of parent that would like to be part of an open to communication school, this is not the one.

Last modified Mill Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.