84 students|St. Johns

Bad
Good

Posted May 18, 2015
ABLE has come a long way since it first started. In the last 4 years their curriculum has improved dramatically and now are attracting much higher caliber of students. The teachers are incredibly attentive to the student's individual needs. The small classroom size allows the students a platform for self-expression, social bonding and independent study. Just a fantastic program all around.

Posted January 31, 2014
My child atteneds this school. I totally disagree with the parent above saying that the teachers are "out to get" the students. From my experience the teachers are very professional and spend a lot of energy connecting and helping my child. If half the things you said were true there is no way the school would still be open. Enrollment has radiacally increased this year along. Things are not the way they used to be and they are only getting better. Sounds like a sour parent that has not control over their child and blames everyone else for their problems. Teachers are not there to raise kids, only instruct in academics. Take responsibility...

Posted January 31, 2014
My daughter attended The Academy from 6th-8th grade and now in highschool. We had a wonderful experience. In fact, she wishes The Academy included 9-12th grade. The teachers were wonderful and actually cared. I would definitely recommend this school to other parents looking for alternatives for middle school. Keep up the great work The Academy!!! There will always be negative Nellies in this world!!!

Academy For Business And Leadership Education 1

Posted January 22, 2014
Very Poor quality of education provided by this school. It seems like the students are allowed to take charge of the class, and disrupt the learning environment. In my opinion, I think the students were bribed with Kindle Fires for enrolling. Which are no longer offered to new students. By receiving these devices, the parents were lead to believe their child would be receiving a better and higher quality education. When in fact it is just the opposite. The internet isn't filtered giving students access to inappropriate material on the web, and the ability to chat on Facebook during class time. I have reported to administration providing screen shots of inappropriate conversations taking place on Face book during the school day. Nothing was done, nor has it stopped. When I asked about a more appropriate online social networking site that is used by other St. Johns County Schools allowing communicating between students and teachers. I got no answers. I've contacted the County and was told that these charter schools are supposed to follow the same guidelines as our public schools, but their isn't anyone to enforce it. How is this possible, and at who's expense.

Academy For Business And Leadership Education 1

Posted December 05, 2013
This school is one of the worst I have ever experienced, there are live roaches everywhere, including where the food is served. The dirt and dust around the school is overwhelming, the do not have a custodian at this school. My child has experienced many asthma attacks due to these conditions. The teachers use profanity towards the students, on countless occasions my child has complained to me about this. When the classes got switched to advanced and normal classes the teachers treated the children in the normal class as less, saying that they wear all labeled as ADD, and stating that there class was "just not for the smart kids". The teachers are very rude to students, the dean hits and slaps kids. These hits and slaps are ment to be in a "playful" way but kids have complained about them getting hurt due to it. The teachers call children out in class in front of there peers if they do not understand. This school has done nothing but badly effect my child's learning and self-esteem. I shall be removing my child from this school. If you or a friend/relative are considering sending your child to this school, I would advise you to think twice

Posted October 15, 2011
I went to The Academy for Business and Leadership Education to see if it would be the right fit for my fifth grader. I had heard nothing but good things about the school from other parents whose children had been classmates of my son - as a matter of fact, one mother was so excited about A.B.L.E, she kept me in the produce section of our local grocery store singing the praises of the school. I was already unhappy with the environment in our zoned school, and was nervous about what I'd heard about the middle school my son would be heading to next year. I was happily surprised at the smiles and friendly greetings that we received as the principal took my son and I around the campus. There is something wonderful about seeing happy students during class times! I was impressed by the dedication to education, as well as the creative ways the teachers handle their curriculum. I did not hesitate to transfer my son from his zoned school to A.B.L.E. and his excitement when I picked him up after his first day was enough for me to be confident that we'd made the right choice.

Posted January 17, 2010
ABLE is has the best environment of any school with which I have worked. The students are engaged, challenged, and respected. The small class sizes encourage more individual attention. It is truly a 'family of learners'.

Academy For Business And Leadership Education
149 San Marco Avenue, Saint Augustine, FL  32084
Last modified Academy For Business And Leadership Education is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.