Saint Augustine, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted May 18, 2014
My children have attended public school in 5 different states (Virginia, California, Louisiana, Washington, and Florida) with my oldest only in 4th grade, and I will say hands down Wards Creek Elementary is the best school they have ever attended. My oldest has a 504 plan and my youngest an IEP and receiving services and accommodations for both children has been so easy! After fighting with school districts all over the country it was such a relief to have a school not only accept my recommendations, but offer several I hadn't even thought of. Plus the school nurse is AMAZING! Any time we are trying something new to help my daughter she's right on board and keeps me updated. Everyone is so friendly, they are so organized, and even the students are sweet as can be. With bullying being such a hot issue right now this was a great concern of mine, but I joke that my kids could go to school looking a mess and their fellow classmates would compliment them on their unique outfit. I've never had an issue with communication with their teachers (which is very important with two special needs kids) and I feel confident they are being given every tool they need to succeed.

Posted May 03, 2014
May granddaughters go to this school. They love to share everything they learn from their teachers. I'm always amazed how much they know and retain from their weekly lessons. Their teachers are apparently dedicated to their students' education.

Wards Creek Elementary School 2

Posted April 19, 2014
They are more worried about being a Torch school than teaching. The principal will tell you what you want to hear about your child but not listen to you at all. This school is going down very very fast. It really misses Mr. Campbell. The current leadership is all about themselves and not about the students.

Posted April 17, 2014
Love the school but hate the homework given.to.a kindergartener!! They go on a lot of field trips and the teacher that my son now has is great! They do have a lot of days out of school but him as a kindergartner is OK cause its his first year in school and he is really excelling !

Wards Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 20, 2013
Worst school ever! Our careers have moved us around so with all our children we've been welcomed to several schools. I'm hearing other parents with similar issues in that the staff behave as they wish. If an issue arises you will be disrespected as if you are the child. Wards - are how many behave, controlling to a fault with no regard to the parents relationship with the school. The school is missing several programs, compassion, understanding others, and after all it is a school so those things should be there. Don't have an issue maybe okay, Otherwise the staff perform as they want and tell you how it will be. They smile then speak in a demeaning behavior to you and children. I've seen it so many times. If people knew the truth about how the staff behaves I don't believe some would still have jobs. My opinion is many of them just don't know what to do. Parents beware, Wards Creek is an all about us school, "us" being the staff.

Posted February 11, 2013
My child has attended a couple of different schools in Florida, and this is by far the best school. They have great teachers, and a great staff. I cannot say enough about the wonderful faculty and feel blessed to have such a great school for children. They have very high standards and really push the students to succeed.

Posted September 28, 2011
This is an AMAZING school. I attended Shadyside Academy and Winchester Thurston (both top rated private schools in Pittsburgh PA) and would put this PUBLIC school up against them any day. I'm not sure how a child with below average drive or parent involvement would survive here, but that is fine with me!

Wards Creek Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2010
My daughter loves this school, teachers, and students. She is dejected that we have to move away for our careers. Hopefully we can find a school on here that she will love just as much. If you are looking for a school with low parent involvement this is not that school.

Posted June 12, 2010
Wards Creek is an amazing school with great opportunities for students. The teachers are incredible and really care about the kids. The parents are encouraged to be involved in as many ways as possible. My children particularly love how often the are able to use computers in class.

Posted April 21, 2010
We are a military family and have moved quite a bit. I can say without hesitation that Wards Creek is by far the best school my daughter has been enrolled in. The teachers are supportive and easy to communicate with. The extracurricular activities are outstanding. My daughter loves this school.

Wards Creek Elementary School
6555 State Road 16, Saint Augustine, FL  32092
Last modified Wards Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wards Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top