892 students|St. Johns

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son has been attending Wards Creek since 1st grade and is now about to enter the 4th grade. I have been nothing but pleased and thrilled to send my son here. The building, staff, administration, cafeteria, technology, grounds...you name it I adore it. My son went to a private school of only a handful of students in Kindergarten and I was scared he would have a hard time finding his groove with larger classrooms. I am so glad I was so wrong! Every year the current teacher he has is his FAVORITE teacher and he still finds time to visit his old teachers to say HI. The resources are also great; PE, music, art, science lab, and the library. Okay enough gushing!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers my children have had are wonderfully caring and really a part of our family. I am very pleased with everyone at our school.

Amount of homework: Agree

Although I do not like homework, I know my children need to study. They do read every night and that is a big deal in our house.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school focuses on developing good character in the students. Their leadership program has helped my child become more confident and blossom.

Excellent school. The teachers and administration care very deeply about the students and their families. Children and respected and given opportunities to be strong leaders. This is the very best school my children have ever attended.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They embarrass and cause trauma to get results. It's scary to have to leave and trust your kids.

I love this school! My son is absolutely thriving here compared to his previous school. His teacher is a godsend and she works really well with him and his ADHD. The administrators are great as well. I am curious as to why our elementary school recently dropped from a 9/10 to a 7/10?

My children have attended public school in 5 different states (Virginia, California, Louisiana, Washington, and Florida) with my oldest only in 4th grade, and I will say hands down Wards Creek Elementary is the best school they have ever attended. My oldest has a 504 plan and my youngest an IEP and receiving services and accommodations for both children has been so easy! After fighting with school districts all over the country it was such a relief to have a school not only accept my recommendations, but offer several I hadn't even thought of. Plus the school nurse is AMAZING! Any time we are trying something new to help my daughter she's right on board and keeps me updated. Everyone is so friendly, they are so organized, and even the students are sweet as can be. With bullying being such a hot issue right now this was a great concern of mine, but I joke that my kids could go to school looking a mess and their fellow classmates would compliment them on their unique outfit. I've never had an issue with communication with their teachers (which is very important with two special needs kids) and I feel confident they are being given every tool they need to succeed.

May granddaughters go to this school. They love to share everything they learn from their teachers. I'm always amazed how much they know and retain from their weekly lessons. Their teachers are apparently dedicated to their students' education.

They are more worried about being a Torch school than teaching. The principal will tell you what you want to hear about your child but not listen to you at all. This school is going down very very fast. It really misses Mr. Campbell. The current leadership is all about themselves and not about the students.

Last modified Wards Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.