1,968 students|St. Johns

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 16, 2016
Their "Buddy System" in which they have challenged students assimilated into their classrooms speaks volumes to me. The challenged kids are also invited into MANY extra circular activities, for example the football cheerleaders and pep squad have challenged "buddies" that often participate with them during games. I feel as if the program teaches kids to be far more accepting of differences. I attend most all football games and have never ever seen a challenged student treated disrespectfully-- in fact, quite the opposite. Most students show great empathy and compassion toward those who are perhaps might be labeled as "different" elsewhere. Compassion, caring and empathy is alive and well at Creekside and I see it with my own eyes quite often!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 16, 2016
I have had two children attend this school and have never had one issue. If you're child is a nice respectful student, this is the perfect place for him/her. If your student doesn't know how to behave properly, then maybe it's a parenting issue rather than the school's responsibility. Very displeased by all the negative ratings on this site. Love this school as do both of my children! Hate begins at home with the parents-- as for our house, we promote love and therefor receive good treatment in return!!!

Creekside High School 5

Posted June 16, 2016
I am very surprised by the reviews here, as I have two teenagers currently in attendance at Creekside and am EXTREMELY pleased with the school. As at any school (or workplace) you're going to have whiny people who complain about everything because they want preferential treatment for their children. I don't. I want them to act properly, pay attention and do their personal best-- I don't need them to be coddled. If you have a child who can follow rules, they will THRIVE at this school. Most all teachers my children have had are fabulous! Rest assured, that if you are a nice family with kids who know how to act properly this school is far superior to Bartram High School (which is near by). If you are or children don't know how to follow rules, or are all around difficult people, then move on instead of whining about this school. Seriously. You can now apply to move out of your zoned school. My husband and I really like this school and have grown sick and tired of those who seem to criticize it at each and every turn. At school, and in life--you get as much out of it as you put into it. Our family has spent three years there and haven't had a single issue. So, to those of you considering this school, take the criticism with a grain of salt. Good kids = Good Experience and bad kids will likely have a horrible experience. That to me, points to the fact that rule followers get along just fine there. In fact, they'll thrive!!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 28, 2016
You cannot develop honesty, integrity, and fairness in students when you are not respectful towards them.

Creekside High School 1

Posted May 28, 2016
I spoke with administration about concerns I had with my child's teacher. They were dismissive about my concerns and when I took further action, they retaliated against my child. During the IEP meeting I pointed out how they were violating my child's rights by citing the procedural safeguards; it didn't matter to them.

Creekside High School 1

Posted February 04, 2016
The school only concern is to get a high rating. They are not concern about the students. My daughter has an IEP( individual education plan) and the school administration allows teacher to say they can not baby the students. In no moment do I as a parent expect a school teacher to baby my daughter. I do expect however that the teacher adhere to the IEP. That's right you read it right. I explained to the teacher that's why there is an IEP. The school does not corporate with parents and don't bother writing to the school principal. He will ignore you. I've had three meetings with IEP counselor, Teacher, guidance counselor with no results in helping me to help my child be successful. Oh and if you are not part of the PTA or one of the school parents click don't bother having your child try out for sports. Yes it's one of those school where the noses are so high up they forget to look down. St John County might be so call one of the best school district but it's not for the kids with disabilities.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 20, 2015
All that they care about is test scores. The well being of students is completely ignored.

Creekside High School 2

Posted April 21, 2015
Terrible administration at this school. They are unresponsive and lack responsibility for their actions. They teach for testing because it benefits their pockets. There are few teachers that are here that care about the actual students. The counsellors are terrible in providing guidance to the students. The administration thinks because they have an "a" grade (mind you, based of Florida's terrible set of standards) that they are invincible. Policies are only enforced when they want to show their "power". Unfortunately, most of the time it is with the wrong students that they choose to demonstrate this. They have policies for students against "bullying" other students and staff, but maybe they should consider a policy of staff "bullying" students. They also don't tell you how many students are transferring out of this school to neighboring schools because of these things. I understand that Bartram Trail is a far superior school than Creekside. Unfortunately or fortunately, my child does have goals for after graduation and Creekside is the only school that offers an academy that aligns.

Creekside High School 3

Posted October 15, 2014
Creekside was a decent enough school. I attended all four years and did learn a lot from certain departments (e.g. English, History) but one department in particular, Mathematics, needs a lot of work. With the exception of Mr. Johnson, most of the math teachers at Creekside have little to no knowledge about the subjects that they teach. It amazes me that a woman like Lydia Wiles is allowed to continue to teach with the amount of students that consistently receive low scores on not only standardized tests, but they tests that are given in class. For most people living in the Julington Creek area, it is almost impossible to transfer to another school; and you don't have to. Creekside is a good school, just needs some work in certain areas, like guidance and mathematics

Creekside High School 3

Posted August 15, 2014
Creekside is an aesthetically pleasing school to be at; I have found this to be true through my last two years of attending. I have also found this school to be, in every way, placed on a pedestal for its greatness and superiority over other St. Johns schools. Unfortunately I do not rate CHS a 5 star school like most parent-submitted reviews. My reasoning lies behind what I believe to be a lack of staff "involvement." Involvement means more than preparing for the next district test. The purpose of public education is to provide knowledge for the learners future, whether they decide to pursue a path involving it or not. I do understand that when teachers teach around 120- 150 students a day in a matter of 7 hours, making sure every student understands the topic is near impossible. But I feel some teachers at this school do not care for the students actual understanding, but rather that their students will just remember the information for the quarterly district exams. I suppose that's a lot to expect from a limited staff that must teach 1800+ kids, but I was hoping for a greater quality from something that's been glorified to me since elementary school.

100 Knights Lane, Saint Johns, FL  32259
Last modified Creekside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.