1,994 students|St. Johns

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

I don't think bullying is discussed at all

Develops character: Agree

they do encourage the students to join clubs and get involved.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

some teachers are terrible and nothing is being done to address that.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

No. Honestly, I think ever teacher should have every assignment online! Every kid these days is online. put the homework online with links to get help or even how to videos, especially on math.

I also have to agree with everything the previous poster said. It is very difficult to get ahold of anyone in the summer months, as the counselors work minimal hours. we just moved to the area from out of state. I have emailed at least 10 people in that school through the year with no response. The classes are overcrowded. one class my child is in has 38 kids. They are expecting over 400 new students for the 2017/2018 school year and they are already over crowded and has portables on order. Many of the teachers are terrible. They hold morning hours for the students that need help,(if they show up for them) but when my child went she was told, that she should know the material already and the teacher didn't help. then I tried to email other teachers in that department with no response. One day after school started my child was having problems and went to the office to talk to a counselor, she was told to fill out a slip and the counselor would call her in. Days later no call until I complained to someone in the office. Also if you come from a small town, do not expect this school to be like that, its huge, and unless your child is in the top 1% at a sport, they will not make the team, unless they have been there for years and already a favorite. if you do make the team, expect to shell out Thousands of dollars to play on them. oh and they want money for everything since most families in the school are very wealthy, they don't think of the hardships they put on the rest of the families. When we moved here I didn't have a way to check schools besides this website. I wish more would have spoke up so I could have known what its really like. PS if you are planning to move to the area, keep in mind that over 20000 more homes have been approved to be built. so more overcrowding, not just with the schools, but the roads too. They need traffic controllers at the entrance to the school because there is only one entrance to the school and it literally takes 15 minutes to just pull into the parking lot...St. Johns County needs to get this under control and build another High School.

My husband and I have a blended family, so I was originally on this site to leave a review of another school. But, when I saw most of the reviews of Bartram are two or three years old, I felt as if I should give a more recent review here as well. First off, the over crowding issue a couple of parents mentioned back in 2014 has still not been addressed by the school district and has gotten much worse in the past couple of years. Not enough seats at lunch, not enough school books to go around, and it took them forever to provide enough lockers for students this year due to over crowding. I am not quite sure why the school board thinks that's acceptable, but it isn't! One would think that an "A Rated" school would be on top of issues like this, but they aren't. Most focus by the local school board seems to be directed toward elementary schools, which is fine of course, but those students do age and go on to high schools that are not properly equipped. About half the teachers are simply "acceptable," while the other half aren't acceptable in the slightest....... especially math and science teachers who literally are more lost than the students they are teaching. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the St Johns County School District starts addressing over crowding issues in the HIGH SCHOOLS (not just the elementary schools and middle schools). My kids spend most of their days in portables where it's hot and uncomfortable, and they're taught by teachers who are just there for the paycheck, not to make a difference in a student's life. As I mentioned previously, my husband and I have a blended family of children of all age groups and going to various schools, so we tend to see a lot of what's going on in this district, and it isn't good! We moved here from the Duval district because of St Johns's County's high ratings, but have watched it go down hill drastically the past few years!

Great school. My student graduated last year. Really had a good four year experience. Had some really good teachers and counselors and now off to college.

Bartram Trail has great teachers that seem to actually care about your learning. Many teachers go out of their way to make sure you understand the material, having help sessions in the mornings before school or after. The students are friendly and there is a huge sense of community involvement when it comes to the school's sports. There are also many different options for courses to take. Bartram is well kept and I have enjoyed my experience as a student here!

The teachers are horrible. Many are rude and condescending. The sports programs are rigged and coaches pick favorites. DO NOT GO TO BARTRAM

So far, Bartram Trail High School has been awful. I'll be more specific: Apparently, the institution is so overworked and overcrowded, it's nearly impossible to get a counseling appointment just to register. In the meanwhile, as the clock ticks closer to the first day of school, you're left completely in the dark. Banned from attending orientation with no options to properly prepare your child, a half-hearted, last minute micro-orientation "might" be an option for those who are forced to wait to register. As a military family, we have enough ground under our feet to decipher good from not-so-ideal schools and there are red flags flying all over Bartram . The administration is curt and uncaring and it seems the principal struggles with effective planning strategies. I'll provide an update and amend the rating (if appropriate) once my student is actively attending... But it will be solely on the teachers and curriculum to turn this review around... Should be interesting since a review of the course catalog leaves MUCH to be desired.

Last modified Bartram Trail High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.