641 students|Pinellas

Bad
Good

When lottery time approaches, I feel its only fair to be realistic about your expectations. With a child in 3rd and one in 4th, the combined 9 years experience would lead me to say that the teachers are invaluable. We have had one negative year but thankfully having the incredible gifted teacher to break up that time helped my daughter thru and the following year was back to what we had previously encountered with creative and engaged teaching styles, however, I do understand the concern many parents have about the other students and what their child might be exposed to. The administration will do little to ensure the safety of your child or disruptions in class. You will hear story after story of what children got away with and the negative affect it has on the teachers and their ability to lead the class, but the school will not remove them. I had never stepped in but learned directly of their aversion to reprimanding students when my daughter was hit in the face and spit on by another student. After weeks of communicating, it was disheartening enough to give up because, even with a witness, a childs excellent reputation, and the culprit bragging to friends at school.... there "was not enough evidence." Ironically, bullying week followed the incident as they put forth celebration in an anti-bully stance... yet prove opposite with actions. If it is a concern of yours when choosing schools.... then consider asking around to find a place that understands you do not do a child favors with lack of discipline. What behaviors could be curbed when they are young, will only get worse without proper handling... and the administration at this school does not seem to understand that.

There have been some very, very good times and some horrible times. My kids are in 3rd and 1st this year. When my oldest was in KG he had an awful teacher. He needed help in reading/writing but I was a newbie parent and didn't know that. She held one conference and told me he was fine. Since then he's almost failed 1st and 2nd grade. It was only with the help of a tutor and an AWESOME 1st grade teacher (who my 2nd son has this year!) that we were able to pull him from the brink of failure. I think like with any school it's the luck of the draw when it comes to teachers. Parents have to be involved. We had a steep learning curve! Communication is excellent though. Emails are answered promptly and most teachers are only to happy to help. Over all I'm very happy with the school.

My son is doing great at this school.thanks a bunch.although he stayed back a year. He is on poibt now.

I have two children who attend this school and they love it. They are excited to go to school every morning. In my experience the teachers are always open and willing to communicate with parents. So many involved parents make this school feel like a family.

I am a proud parent of a 1st grader by the name os Sariah and I would like to say that I am very impressed with Bay Point. My daughter seems to be progressing on a daily basis. I can tell just by speaking with her about her day. She seems to be excited about her day and loves to share. She comes home sometimes and speaks Spanish to her mom and I which is a wonderful thing, although I cannot speak it myself. Her teacher seems to care about each student and no child is left behind. The class sizes are small enough where the students can get individualized attention. I would like to thank Ms. Negretti and all of her hard work. I really appreciate her and my daughter does as well!!

This is a fantastic elementary school. There is a new principal this year so I can't really rate her at this time, I gave her a 3 star. Our experience has been out of this world. I have a 2nd grader and a KGer this year. We adore all of the teachers we have had so far. They have Spanish & PE everyday, art, music and science lab once a week. My 2nd grader loves math, it is her favorite. They get a good amount of homework each week. This year the media center specialists bought Kindles, and my 2nd grader is using one this month. They have wonderful after school programs: Club Ole (Spanish club), Young Astronauts, Guitar Club & Chorus for 4/5th graders. Our family made great friends in just 3 short years. I also volunteer for my children's teachers.

As a parent of a child leaving Bay Point this year I can say they were as a whole excellent. There are wonderful caring teachers here. The last two years have been trying at best with the change in administration. Their agenda is not what you would want in any school. The school principal is leaving which is a blessing. I hope the county replaces her with a fair progressive person that understand that all children are important. I hope for all the children and teachers the new admin allows you to teach the way you have and wish you all the success in the future.

I have a daughter in second grade and a son in kindergarten and I absolutely love the school. To be honest the school was not my first choice, but now I realize it was meant to be. I love the teachers, many of them have been there for several years and you can see their pride in the school. My daughter's teacher has a masters degree and is so creative and motivated that she almost makes me wanna go back to school. My son's kindergarten teacher is not the warm type, but she has the kids best interest in mind and she gets them acclimated to school. She also teaches them responsibility and cause and consequences. I think My son has the same teacher mentioned in a review below, and by the way- she referred both my kids for gifted testing. I love the on-site gifted program, the Spanish program, the media center, the science lab, the music teachers, and the PTA. The parents at Bay Point are involved and the PTA sponsors awesome programs such as Fall Festival, BPE campfire, skate parties, gymnastics night, bully musical and more. Pick Bay Point and you will love it.

My son is in First Grade at Bay Point Elementary. We have had a wonderful experience at Bay Point, and love being a part of the family there. My son is very bright, and I have been extremely impressed with the teachers he has had and all that they have done to challenge him. He was tested for gifted in Kindergarten and began at the start of First grade. Due to the high number of gifted referrals, most children do not get processed before that. If you want your child tested early then you may have to do it on your own. My childs first grade teacher has gone above and beyond to challenge him. She has him in an accelerated math group, and even has him working with a second grade class once a week. I love the Spanish program. It is total immersion every day. The Science lab is awesome, and I love hearing about the fun lessons they do there. My only complaint would be in the schools leadership. They do not seem concerned with what parents or teachers think. Fortunately, the school, like any family, is made up of many parts. The wonderful staff, extremely active PTA, and overall community feeling make BayPoint a great school!

I would give this school zero stars if possible. My son's kindergarten teacher is awful. My child is extremely bright and has tested as very gifted. His teacher stated, She did not see anything gifted about him, but then admitted she had never taken the time to find out what his vocabulary is after 6 months of having him in her class. We had to pay 200.00 to a private co. for gifted testing as the school is so useless. Went to the principal to complain but fell on deaf ears. What an extreme disappointment. The current principal is from a D rated school. What were they thinking? We have spoken with other parents and they are having the same issues. My child was tested the first month of class and already knew enough to be in first grade yet they will not transfer him because "they just don't do that". Really? How sad. We may file a formal complaint w/the superintendent or school board but don't waste your time this school is terrible. So disappointed, especially after we went to almost every open night before we picked this loser school. They teach to the dumbest kids and let the smart kids regress. My son is so bored , we had a great preK. Very sad. stay away!!

Last modified Bay Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.