Saint Petersburg, FL

Westgate Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2014
my child has been going to the school since kindergarden and she is now in the fourth grade and let me tell you this school has changed in the past few years that she has been there she has been bullied twice in two weeks and nothing is being done about it she was had a black and blue live she had a skateboard hit across her back and so the school is just saying that it's an accident I go up there and should try to even meet the mother and try to figure this out and and all I get told is that there's nothing that we can do about it so its not a great school please do not move around this area just for this reason.

Posted September 10, 2013
My school is AWESOME!!!! My son loves to go to school everyday! I am so happy to have moved him from private school...

Westgate Elementary School 2

Posted May 13, 2013
I have always thought really high of the school until about a year ago. The communication from teachers to parents is very poor. I feel like the school has gone down hill. I have had my children at the school since 2009. I have had so much stress this year and I feel like the school failed my first grader by not assisting him like they should have. Westgate has always been a really good school. I think the new leadership needs to be replaced! Teachers need to understand the importance of communication. I can't help my child if I am not informed. I feel inmature like behavior in the school from staff. I feel like my opintion is not valued! There are excellent teachers at the school but it feels like only selected kids get those teachers.

Posted September 26, 2011
My son has been at Westgate for the last 3 years . I am a very Involved parent! We LOVE it here! Our teachers: Conyers,and Teasdale were absolutely amazing and genuinely cared for my son. We have definitely had a positive experience at this school and would highly recommend it!

Posted June 02, 2010
My foster children were very behind when I got custody of them. Within 9 months my foster son's 1st grade teacher and I had him beyond his grade expectations! My foster daughter was caught up in her grade level as well with the help of school resources. The school is always clean, very secure and the kids genuinely LOVE their teachers because they are all wonderful with their students!

Westgate Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2008
My son has been going to Westgate since kindergarten. He is now in the second grade. He loves his teacher and classmates. So do I. It's like we started a whole other family and we love it! There is not one time that I know of that a staff of Westgate has welcomed me and my family.Keep up the good work!This is my Aplus school!!!!! The Meade family

Posted October 24, 2007
I recommend this school to all parents as a kind and caring school that focuses on each childs strengths and weaknesses!

Westgate Elementary School 1

Posted October 23, 2007
Many discipline problem children disrupting kids trying to learn,fights occur often .After switching my child to Bear Creek elem., the better atmosphere and class of kids elevated my childs behavior and learning.

Posted April 16, 2007
- a former student
I went to Westgate for two years, my sister three, and mi brother has now been going there since kindergarden and he is now in second grade. I love the school and the teachers. they really try to build a relationship with you. Two thumbs up!!

Posted January 04, 2007
Mrs. Thornton and Mrs. Vishneau have been outstanding. My son loves Westgate and loves to go to school. The staff is always smiling and fabulous, there is a cheery atmosphere every time I go there. Thank You.

Westgate Elementary School
3560 58th Street North, Saint Petersburg, FL  33710
Last modified Westgate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westgate Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top